Thread: Kingston Frontenac RPC M14 Clinic Sunday 26 April 2015- Debrief Here!

Business Member

Kingston Frontenac RPC M14 Clinic Sunday 26 April 2015- Debrief Here!

This clinic will have a dual focus on M14 rifles and M1 Garands. Life being perfect, your Garand is also in .308. More on that issue down below!

So if you have a receiver and a barrel to put together, we can make this happen for you at this clinic. I have all the tools. I can even install your .308 Win chambered barrel and then finish ream that chamber and then you test fire there!

Where:

Kingston's Frontenac RPC... Directions: http://www.frpc.ca/index.php/directions

When:

Sunday 26 April 2015. One day of clinic tweaking and possibly test firing in the afternoon (more on that later)

Cost:

$ 50 for the day

Timing:

Gather for 0830
    Casual Start at 0900
    Ending at 1600

Registration and Payment:

EMT the $50 to me with this information:

Name: Tactical Teacher
    Question: What was your OLD CGN handle? I was not always tacticalteacher, you know. :D
    Answer: hungry (low caps, no spaces) that way I cannot screw things up
    Email: hungry556 AT bell.net

What is involved:

- Tools for tweaking, tools to avoid, tools that are nice to have but expensive, tools that are overrated and too expensive
    - Gadgets that are nice to have, need to have, and useless to have (but I had to buy it to show you)
    - Tools that you can make yourself instead of buying, tools that you can have buddies (owe you favors) make up for you
    - Stripping the boomstick (you will be surprised at what I can show you)
    - YES we will pull your rear sights apart, and then get serious with them, Norcs? Not so sure....
    - Assembling the boomstick, and what to look for so that worthwhile tweaks can be or should be made
    - Tweaks that work, tweaks that don't work, expensive tweaks so yer dick does not fall off
    - Useless tweaks unless you have more money than shooting ability (many stories to follow at the clinic)
    - Common pitfalls, expensive tweaks that work, more ways to ensure that yer dick don't fall off
    - Lunch and then tweaking in the afternoon to tighten up your prized M1 or M14 or M1A or M305
    - Lots of networking and socializing all the time. This is priceless.
    - I am set up to install your .308 Win barrel on your receiver and then FINISH Chamber

Things to bring for Day 1:

* Your M1 Garand rifle or receiver(s) with barrel(s) to be installed
    * Your M14 (or two if you got them)
    * Notebook, pens, digital camera, rags,
    * Ball peen hammer, Allen keys SAE and Metric
    * Punches, screwdrivers, more punches
    * Plastic or rubber mallet, wood block or 2 or 3
    * Masking tape, duct tape

Bring on the questions! We will certainly have fun and learn lots!

Cheers and keep helping them nooobs out there!

Barney
    Last edited by TacticalTeacher; 08-10-2015 at 09:24 AM.

Business Member
    Hey, just a few more sleeps and then we will be gathering at Kingston Area's Frontenac RPC on Sunday 26 April 2015. Lots of room left to sign up if you have that day off and nothing else planned.

Cheers and warm regards,

Barney

Business Member
    Whoa.... that was a very intense day.

Did we have any blood? I did not hear the call for a first aid kit while we were knocking off some flash suppressors!

Who brought that Black and Decker Workmate? It sure came in handy. Thanks for doing that and making the learning process great...

It was wonderful to meet all of you around the FRPC and Frontenac area.

The drive home was crazy because of that construction on the Westbound 401 just after the Napanee exit. I left the highway on the Shannonville Road northbound figuring on hitting Hwy 7 at Tweed. Then I drove west on Hwy 7 to Peterborough and Lindsay and on to Orillia and home! It was along ride especially after teaching you guys all day. Most rewarding however!

So what did you guys pick up from the clinic other than, "Is it in, dear?"

"Yes, dear, Just in...."

Cheers and keep on helping them nooobies out here!

Barney

CGN Regular
    I learned where I am going to get my new M1 Garand stock.

Thanks Barney... I had a good day
    This year I got straight A\'s and that aint not bad...Bart Simpson