Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Very Disappointed with The Epp's Bluing Process

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aries-'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    You pretty much hit the nail right on the head
    And if all that was stated on the workorder was "beadblast and blue" are they to assume that theybare to charge the customer mire than the gun is worth to repair pitting and refinish to new when it isnt stated? If you take an old clunker of a car that is rusted out into a mechanic and it says replace oil filter and sparkplug wires. Do you expect them to call and say do you want us to replace all your body panels totaly beabblast your frame and refi ish the car to new?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Aries- View Post
    And if all that was stated on the workorder was "beadblast and blue" are they to assume that theybare to charge the customer mire than the gun is worth to repair pitting and refinish to new when it isnt stated? If you take an old clunker of a car that is rusted out into a mechanic and it says replace oil filter and sparkplug wires. Do you expect them to call and say do you want us to replace all your body panels totaly beabblast your frame and refi ish the car to new?
    I've had mechanics tell me that the routine maintenance required is exceeding the value of the car.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

CGN frequent flyer
    Generally.. with the entire world at our fingertips on the internet, one can do a little research (about bluing for example) and understand something before spending money. I look at it like being an informed consumer, It saves money at the mechanic also!

look up gun bluing on google.. or even better, Youtube.. Tons of stuff to learn
    The Liberal Philosophy
    If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. If it stops moving, subsidize it.

"any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."
    Benjamin Franklin

Well it would have taken 2-3 questions and 45 seconds for the person who took the order to ask the guy what he expected, if it was worth it, or if it was even possible.

I just took my mountain bike in for a total overhaul, the guy spent 7-8 min with me telling me what they were going to do, what I wanted, what the result would be, and if I should consider a new bike instead of the overhaul. $300 later I signed off on the repairs... just seems standard on stuff like this. I donno maybe they did that with him but it sure doesn't sound like it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    When I take anything to a "EXPERT".. I expect "EXPERT" work and advice!!! I think that advice should have been " not worth putting any money into that gun" Been busy is no excuse for not giving every customer the time and advice on every project!!!

Quote Originally Posted by K-Roc View Post
    Well it would have taken 2-3 questions and 45 seconds for the person who took the order to ask the guy what he expected, if it was worth it, or if it was even possible.

I just took my mountain bike in for a total overhaul, the guy spent 7-8 min with me telling me what they were going to do, what I wanted, what the result would be, and if I should consider a new bike instead of the overhaul. $300 later I signed off on the repairs... just seems standard on stuff like this. I donno maybe they did that with him but it sure doesn't sound like it.
    And if the gun was shipped with with a note that says "please beadblast and blue"

It is also not the gunsmiths writing up the work orders. It is the general counter staff that writes up work orders on guns be it in person ir ship ins.
    Last edited by Aries-; 04-11-2015 at 02:49 PM.

I think a 5 min call or email would have helped if he had mailed it in and not dropped it off in person. I mean that is what being part of the service industry is all about. Sure lots of customers are rude and have unrealistic expectations, I don't doubt that... but its sort of the job of the business to clarify things isn't it? Its just setting yourself up for complaints, some of which will be warranted, some of which will not, if they fail to take that approach.

If the dealer used their expert common sense and said "Well this wont really make this gun any better, maybe I should take 5 min and call this guy or write him an email"

How much more clarification should they need past beadblast and blue? If the customer wanted more, then it shoukd have been stated when it was brought in or more details in the note along with the maiked in gun.

The repair would cost more than the gun is worth.
    Oh for sure, but that's how you'd gitterdone at any rate

Hey you can take that approach if you want , and your section on cgn will keep blowing up with complaints. Like I said , some warranted , some not. You realize I'm not even saying its 100% epps fault. Probably more like 50/50, just saying with a 5 min phone call = no problem . I wish you and your business the best. I have no dog in the fight so to speak. Cheers mate .