SAM "Long Slide"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for all the feed back. I will get a final drawing up next week. Have decided to go with a white three dot sight system, the rear will be adjustable, same sights as we have on the Thunderbolt. I have changed the slide serrations to angled, wide spaced at the rear only, again like the Thunderbolt. Will have both stainless and blue models, stainless price to follow. Only in .45 at this time.

Would there be a preference for fiber optic front sight?
Checkered front strap?

Remember the more we add to her the more expensive she will become.

No preference on the front sight for me.
I would prefer the checkered front strap. All the other specs so far are good for me.
I'm in for a blue one.

Yes checkered front strap for sure it is much cheaper to have it done by factory than to do it after and I had a thunderbolt and the checkering was nicely done

Wants:

1. Novak cut rear sight.
2. Fibre-optic front sight
3. Course, angled slide serrations, front and rear
4. Stainless steel option
5. Extended/Threaded barrel option (for compensator).

Like this:
http://2.bp.########.com/-6c5JslvFG3c/VBNd2gPF3uI/AAAAAAAAHGA/iqxV13aJNKA/s1600/longslide%2B2.jpg

Definitely make it a two tone. Bomar sight, beavertail, and the rest regular GI, and I'm in. Front strap checkering would be a nice bonus though. I really like the SAM Stingray, and a long slide version would be even better.
673_Stingray_new.png

Edit, just saw that you are wondering if people would be interested in a top end only, and I would rather go that way. And yes please, fiber optic front sight.
Kristian

Last edited:
So I started this ball rolling entirely stoked about a 7 inch Long Slide. I would likely buy just the upper or I would want it as a complete gun to be a Stainless Thunderbolt LS. Exactly like that. One inch of barrel AND without decent sights, ambi safety, and the rest is just one more .45.

Thanks for all the feed back. I will get a final drawing up next week. Have decided to go with a white three dot sight system, the rear will be adjustable, same sights as we have on the Thunderbolt. I have changed the slide serrations to angled, wide spaced at the rear only, again like the Thunderbolt. Will have both stainless and blue models, stainless price to follow. Only in .45 at this time.

Would there be a preference for fiber optic front sight?
Checkered front strap?

Remember the more we add to her the more expensive she will become.

Yes, defiantly a finer optic front sight....my Thunderbolt needs one! :) and it has to have a checkered strap IMHO!

I know Grumpy's made it clear it will be .45 at this time however I'd think there would be a HUGE interest for a 10mm long slide if one was to be marketed eventually. While 10mm is more of a niche market than .45, there aren't many other offerings on the market, especially at reasonable prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom