Page 112 of 123 FirstFirst ... 92102104105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120122 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 1228

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Np, pictures are always fun!
    Get someone you know to buy a restricted firearm

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I love the od green!

CGN Regular
    Very nice!! Can't wait to hear how it shoots and handles.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgallup View Post
    Picked up my rifle today and it feels very nice and looks great! One possible negative to the design is that it seems easy to get slapped by the charging handle if you have your left hand at the base of the fore grip or if you support the rifle by holding the magazine well but it seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to get used to, also the dust cover doesn't seem to be a big fan of the finish on the small part of the receiver that it makes contact with though that isn't a huge deal to me. I haven't shot it yet but am hoping to do some basic grouping tests on Sunday with a few different factory loads.

Some pictures of varying quality for your enjoyment

Nice to have something made right here in AB!

Size comparison to an SKS and a Marlin Guide Gun

And some spare mags from Wolverine
    Some really good photos!! Well done.

You are aware that the charge handle does not reciprocate? The charge handle is designed to only move when your hand in pulling it back to charge the rifle, then it gets locked in place until it is time to manually charge the rifle again.
    It does not stay back when the bolt hold open engages, so I can't see any way your hand could be touched by the charge handle during shooting of the rifle.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Ha, no I did not realize. Guess I would have figured that out after shooting it lol

Just a heads up that Wolverine finally got their Robinson XCR-M mags in awhile ago, I was able to pick up a couple of 5 round hunting mags and a couple of ten rounders.
    PRACTICE, so there'll only be a Singleshotneeded! :-)

^^^^

Tks for the tip! I was about to drill & rivet a couple 10 rounders...
    Quote Originally Posted by DrXenon View Post
    What do you need a brake on a 5.56mm firearm for? You should just slip a maxipad under your bra strap to dampen the hellish recoil.
    Spock to Kirk:
    "Logic dictates Captain. If Pro-Gunners are as violent as Anti-Gunners say they are, there would not be any Anti-Gunners left."

I picked up my mags a few months ago when they were out. I'm still hoping they will be able to get a polymer magazine made at some point.
    Last edited by nsgallup; 01-18-2017 at 07:20 PM.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgallup View Post
    Picked up my rifle today and it feels very nice and looks great! One possible negative to the design is that it seems easy to get slapped by the charging handle if you have your left hand at the base of the fore grip or if you support the rifle by holding the magazine well but it seems like something that shouldn't be too hard to get used to, also the dust cover doesn't seem to be a big fan of the finish on the small part of the receiver that it makes contact with though that isn't a huge deal to me. I haven't shot it yet but am hoping to do some basic grouping tests on Sunday with a few different factory loads.

Some pictures of varying quality for your enjoyment

Nice to have something made right here in AB!

Size comparison to an SKS and a Marlin Guide Gun

And some spare mags from Wolverine
    Thats a beautiful rifle! I just bought one last week. If you have not been to the range yet, dont be dissapointed if you have issues with some factory ammo. even match grade. Due to the incredibly tight chamber tolerances, I have found Hornady match ammo and others to show pressure signs, however Federal Gold Medal Match SMK seems to be the one that at least my rifle will shoot flawlessly. ~.375" -~.6" groups with this gun. Also, the steel Robinson Arms mag works reliably but the IMI plastic mags CAN be hit and miss. These are my experiences only and others may have different results.
    Enjoy!!
    You will be impressed with this rifle, just find the right load.

It's a 6.5, gonna try some hornady factory loads to start, will get into reloading at some point as well.