Page 113 of 123 FirstFirst ... 93103105106107108109110111112113114115116117118119120121 ... LastLast
Results 1,121 to 1,130 of 1228

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Shot some hornady today with the rifle supported on a backpack, achieved about 1MOA with a few flyers (the likely culprit on those is the shooter) at 100 yards, but I feel that I can get some better accuracy out of it with a more supported platform. Bipod is 8 weeks backordered...

Feeding was mostly reliable, even with the 143 Grain ELD-X cartridges which are almost too long for the magazine. I had 2 failure to eject on the first 2 shots using 129 grain superperformance, but after that everything worked fine for about 40 rounds until I had one failure to eject on the first of my last 5 rounds (the 129 again). One of the four XCR magazines I tested today does not seat into the magazine well, looks like the lips on the magazine may be farther apart then the others. The other magazines seem to work fine but are a little stiff to seat into the gun when loaded with cartridges. Also the charging handle sometimes opens from it's locked position due to recoil allowing it to flap around.

I think I will be focusing on the 143 ELD-X from now on, I am 50 rounds into the gun which is the recommended amount to break it in. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get some more ammunition for it and jury rig some sort of platform for it to stay perfectly stable to better test the accuracy.
    Last edited by nsgallup; 01-22-2017 at 09:40 PM.
    Get someone you know to buy a restricted firearm

CGN frequent flyer CraigNConnor's Avatar
    ATRS has a fix for the charging handle coming loose and moving around,

drop your gun off I believe its free for the fix

Quote Originally Posted by nsgallup View Post
    Shot some hornady today with the rifle supported on a backpack, achieved about 1MOA with a few flyers (the likely culprit on those is the shooter) at 100 yards, but I feel that I can get some better accuracy out of it with a more supported platform. Bipod is 8 weeks backordered...

Feeding was mostly reliable, even with the 143 Grain ELD-X cartridges which are almost too long for the magazine. I had 2 failure to eject on the first 2 shots using 129 grain superperformance, but after that everything worked fine for about 40 rounds until I had one failure to eject on the first of my last 5 rounds (the 129 again). One of the four XCR magazines I tested today does not seat into the magazine well, looks like the lips on the magazine may be farther apart then the others. The other magazines seem to work fine but are a little stiff to seat into the gun when loaded with cartridges. Also the charging handle sometimes opens from it's locked position due to recoil allowing it to flap around.

I think I will be focusing on the 143 ELD-X from now on, I am 50 rounds into the gun which is the recommended amount to break it in. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can get some more ammunition for it and jury rig some sort of platform for it to stay perfectly stable to better test the accuracy.

What would that fix entail?

Business Member Rep. ATRS Shaun's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nsgallup View Post
    What would that fix entail?
    He is referring to the magnet installed in the charging handle, and I can assure you yours already has it nsgallup. We are still conducting research into future options and upgrades on the platform and welcome any customer feedback. Feel free to give us a call at 403-277-7786 or stop to chat about it also.

Yes I do already have the magnet installed, it doesn't open most of the time. Twice in the 50 rounds I think?

Just got back from the range, after 2 years of owning an MH and shooting surplus Hirt & a cache of GMM 175 gr with mediocre results I've taken up handloading.

I'm not the greatest shot but do have my days. 20" carbon barrel, PRS stock. All groups were shot with a front bag and shoulder supported rear. Optic was a Leopold mark 4.

155 gr Lapua Scenar, 43 gr Varget

168 gr SMK, 44.5 gr Varget

And the best of the day, 168 gr SMK, 44gr Varget

Don't own a chrono (yet) so sorry no velocities.

That's as good as I can do with my 5R so I'm pretty damn happy.
    Last edited by Pumpingravel; 02-17-2017 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Changed links

Man, that last ones nice. It's even the bullets i use and the powder i use. Can't wait for my MH now.
    "Gun control is like trying to reduce drunk driving by making it tougher for sober people to own cars"

I can't see the pics. Is it my computer or something else?

Quote Originally Posted by mileageman View Post
    I can't see the pics. Is it my computer or something else?
    I can't see them either, just a grey circle with white border and white horizontal bar where each picture should be, but I gather your new loads are working well. Excellent !
    Last edited by bridgman; 02-16-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Changed the img links, hopefully that works for you guys.