Page 6 of 123 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141626 ... LastLast

Thread: ATRS Modern hunter specs, pics and range reports

Last edited by 6MT; 02-26-2017 at 12:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Thanks for the range reports. Looks like it shoots as well as expected.
    While I appreciate the range report, so far everything I've seen posted on these MH rifles (and to be fair it hasn't been a lot) has left me a little down regarding their accuracy potential.

Don't get me wrong as I've been a staunch supporter of ATRS's efforts as like us all, I appreciate their efforts to bring to market such a well built .308... semi.-auto. rifle, but it has to be said that no one yet (from what I've seen anyways) has been able to get MOA accuracy regardless of ammo. used.

Now I know it's a little earlier for load development to have taken place, but no one not even ATRS themselves has shown what I would call excellent accuracy or MOA at least; which has me a little worried regarding accuracy potential.

So those who have received a MH already please get to the range on a good day and with great ammo. and show us what it can do, because if MOA is possible they'll have another one sold and I'm sure plenty more to follow.

Cheers D
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.

CGN Regular
    Zeroed-In, are you in kelowna and do you have access to a range. I might be in the area, and might have some time to go shoot during next week.. I'm from the area but haven't lived there in 15 years

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeroed-In View Post
    While I appreciate the range report, so far everything I've seen posted on these MH rifles (and to be fair it hasn't been a lot) has left me a little down regarding their accuracy potential.

Don't get me wrong as I've been a staunch supporter of ATRS's efforts as like us all, I appreciate their efforts to bring to market such a well built .308... semi.-auto. rifle, but it has to be said that no one yet (from what I've seen anyways) has been able to get MOA accuracy regardless of ammo. used.

Now I know it's a little earlier for load development to have taken place, but no one not even ATRS themselves has shown what I would call excellent accuracy or MOA at least; which has me a little worried regarding accuracy potential.

So those who have received a MH already please get to the range on a good day and with great ammo. and show us what it can do, because if MOA is possible they'll have another one sold and I'm sure plenty more to follow.

Cheers D
    I'm good to good. I can get moa pretty steady now.

Our secret is hornaby 168gr. Come to Edmonton!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post

send us some targets! i would only buy one if i could get under MOA
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration! Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future."
    Adolf Hitler, 1935

Quote Originally Posted by AMET View Post
    send us some targets! i would only buy one if i could get under MOA
    I'm in the same boat, $5000 can go a long way towards other rifles that will easily put down MOA #s.

CGN Regular
    5k in a semi auto non restricted? There aren't really any other options worth their weight.
    5k at atrs in a bolt gun will most likely be more accurate
    You have to compare apples with apples.
    Last edited by purplezuk; 04-27-2015 at 11:32 PM.

BANNED
    I am going to wait a while on the accuracy. One thing I see on these forums over and over is people taking someones word for a firearms accuracy at face value when really there are many factors that make a rifle accurate that people often don't account for. I have no doubt people will get sub MOA groups with this rifle with the right load, optics, and skills. If you want a laser, going with a semi auto is a no-no to begin with, except for a few special cases. For most of us folks here on CGN 1MOA is more than enough for long range target shooting, hunting, and the zombie apocalypse anyways :P

Just my .02c

The moa challenge in the black rifle section is proof of how people up sell their firearms. Their has yet to be 1 that has shot 5 moa groups( however I think it was shooter error in a few cases not the gun)yet you read all of these claims from people that their guns shoot sub moa.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post

That's great to here Stormchaser I figured you would be able to accomplish MOA or better under the right conditions and with the correct ammo. I recognize others may need to see proof of posted targets, but I for one take you at your word from all I've read of your postings and who you pal around with such as they are cough CR5 cough.

I'd be more then happy to meet up with you and go for a shoot, unfortunately living in the Okanagan means a full day round trip of driving and that's something I just can't swing right now, but thanks for the offer and for letting us Gunnutz know MOA is possible from a ATRS MH rifle.

Cheers D
    Last edited by Zeroed-In; 04-28-2015 at 02:11 AM.
    Gun Control is Being Able to Hit Your Target.