AT 15 Mags

Received some from the first batch. ATRS Had too notch customer service with fast replacement. The new ones are working flawlessly in my SIG 516.

I did work on lowering the lip on that one mag and it did help considerably but there are still some feeding issues with one of my rifles. I lowered the lip approx 1.6mm which was the point where I stopped seeing impact markings on the mag. The stock lip was approx 2.3mm below the top of the mag.

Seems that the mag sits lower in my Noveske receiver and just enough so that the tip of the bullet would run into the area directly below the feed ramp of the upper receiver. On an open bolt on my Noveske rifle, the problem occurs roughly 30% of the time. On a closed bolt, the problem is 80%. Seems the follower is a little slow lifting up the front part after it is pressed down from the closed bolt or changes the orientation of the mag. There is a bit of back and forth play with the mag in the magwell. If I push the bottom of the mag towards the muzzle, it would raise the front of the mag enough so that the ammo would cycle 100% of the time. Conversely, if I pull back on the mag, it is almost guaranteed to fail. This Noveske lower has worked 100% with LAR15 mags, XCR Pistol mags, AA 50Beowulf poly mags, PCV Gen1 and Gen2 mags and Magpul PMags.

The mag seats fine in my DD and Rainier lowers so that the tip of the bullet catches the feed ramp and are able to cycle on an open and closed bolt with 100% reliability.

Swapping the upper that is on the Noveske onto the DD and Rainier Arms lowers had a 100% function so that rules out the upper being out of spec. All three lowers have Norgon ambi mag release

It is possible that the Noveske lower has more play in the magwell compared to the DD and Rainier Arms and the looser fitted AT15 mag just compounds the problem placing everything out of spec for problem free feeding.

Magazine width at the mag catch notch:

AA 50 Beowulf poly mag: 2.591"
Magpul Pmag: 2.534"
PCV 50 Beowulf: 2.541"
AT15 Pistol mag: 2.466"

Great, thank you.
OK

I also tried some of the new mags today. They ran perfectly. No problems at all after 400 rounds. I'd say ATRS has the problems fixed.

Anyone able to let me know the length of these (look close to a 20 round mag body length) and if ranger plates would work?

Many thanks in advance.

Marc

Anyone able to let me know the length of these (look close to a 20 round mag body length) and if ranger plates would work?

Many thanks in advance.

Marc

Ranger plates won't work on these. First off, you can't remove the base, secondly, these aren't your standard USGI or pmag bodies.. They're about the length of a 20rnd mag. I'll measure one in the morning unless someone beats me to it.

I just ordered four. I'll report back on how they work in my CC SA 15.7. I don't expect any issues.

I bought a bunch. On testing the 1st and 2nd out of the box with dummy rounds, they did get stuck on the front lip or hang on the edge of the front lip. This went away with about 3 passes with a small file on the front lip, just rounding the edge of the semicircular cutout. Now feeds beautifully.

I am finding on 2 different rifles (Colt IUR wiht Omni lower as well as a CMMG upper/lower), that there is a fair bit of resistance to seating on a closed bolt. If these were 10 round metal pistol mag's, I would have just filed a tiny bit off the follower legs.

Quality looks great and they look like good mag's, maybe just some fine tuning required for my specific guns.

Here's the problem with one of my three mags. The tip of the ammo sits just below the top of the lip. Second pic shows where they are starting to gouge the lip of the mag. I would put a file to the lip and remove about 1/16" but I don't want to void my warranty.

16962883087_0762f38bbd_b.jpg

Just got a bunch few days ago.

Looks like they have addressed the issue by cutting out the lip.

P_20150515_222008.jpg

Last edited:
I took out my four and loaded them up with the AE 55 GN .223 rounds. I just kept filling and emptying the gun. CC SA 15.7 and it worked fine. No ftf or fte problems. I'll get more at some point. I like these magazines.

I got three of them looks like the fronts have been ground down slightly ran flawlessly in me NEA lower franken gun. All in all i am very happy only regret is I should of bought 2 more.

I have two of them, and they work flawlessly in my NEA. Tried them in a S&W m&p15, a Norinco CQ, and a Bushmaster ACR and they work in all of those too.
They don't seat properly in my Norinco T97 if the bolt is open, but if i close the bolt, seat the mag, then rack it, they work. Every time I try it with the bolt open, I can't get the bolt to close on it. Think it is seating too deep, unless it's put in on a closed bolt, at which point it seats to the proper depth. I'm assuming this is an issue with the T97, rather than the mags, and since I bought the mags for my AR, I'm not bothered by it.

any possibility of a gem 2 that has closer dimensions to a usgi mag? should fix the feed issues with the mvp at least, and anything else that has problems with lar-15 mags as well as the at-15?

Back
Top Bottom