Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Our Non restricted lower and the DA50 upper Pics added May 4 2105

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    So we have a few deposits so far. 6 in fact as of today.
    IF we are going to move forward with this there simply has to be enough numbers to warrant the cost of making fixtures and setting up a mill.
    IF there simply is not enough interest we will abandon this and move on to something else.

Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    So we have a few deposits so far. 6 in fact as of today.
    IF we are going to move forward with this there simply has to be enough numbers to warrant the cost of making fixtures and setting up a mill.
    IF there simply is not enough interest we will abandon this and move on to something else.

how many deposits do you need Rick?
    I'm still on the fence but have a couple friends pondering this.
    just don't want to be stuck with a lower if canadaammo sells out of the upper and doesn't make more.
    I think a few folks are in this boat.
    It's spring..... that time of year when all the dealers start getting their bookings in and product is flowing everywhere..... so many things to spend cash on right now LOL
    for me it's putting all my cash down to be debt free by sept so taking a couple grand out for a 50 cal is on the list but want to secure that upper before putting cash down on a project lower. I'm a few weeks away from dropping 1600 on the upper so will have to wait and see if Canada ammo still has them when I'm ready to buy
    otherwise I'd be all over this lower.

you and Canada ammo should get together and streamline this somehow, I think it would be a win win for the customers , and the business
    Last edited by 45ACPKING; 05-05-2015 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    just don't want to be stuck with a lower if canadaammo sells out of the upper and doesn't make more.
    It's spring..... that time of year when all the dealers start getting their bookings in and product is flowing everywhere..... so many things to spend cash on right now LOL
    for me it's putting all my cash down to be debt free by sept so taking a couple grand out for a 50 cal is on the list but want to secure that upper before putting cash down on a project lower. I'm a few weeks away from dropping 1600 on the upper so will have to wait and see if Canada ammo still has them when I'm ready to buy

you and Canada ammo should get together and streamline this somehow, I think it would be a win win for the customers , and the business
    Tom about sums it up, IRT the email I've just sent you....
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc911 View Post
    Tom about sums it up, IRT the email I've just sent you....
    allwaysfishin @Hotmail
    I think you have my old one still

allwaysfishin @Hotmail
    I think you have my old one still
    You rock, pal..!! I'll drop you a line..!!
    Maybe some .50 bangin' this year...bit of an uptick from the M305 gig..!!
    "Neil, if you had any guts you'd yell 'Oh my God, what is that thing?!', scream, and then cut your mic." :

- Michael Collins on the first words to be spoken on the Moon

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    fug it, Rick, how much is the deposit?
    I'll put my name on one 100% , deposit next week
    I'll bug my friends but they aren't on CGN so will have to either contact you or go thru me.
    message me if that's easier

I also have concerns of this upper being modified to fit this lower, and then if something happens to the lower... No more are made. I would then be stuck with a 1600 dollar upper that doesnt work at all/ That being said still verrrrrry interested in making a deposit. hmm.

Ryan seems willing to work for the common good as do I.
    IF you want to order the upper from C.A. and then put a deposit on the lower that will work.
    I don't see any issue with having C.A. ship the uppers directly to us to get the modification done while we manufacture the lowers.

The cost JUST for the aluminum stock we will need is just over $15000.00 plus the cost to re-create the programs to turn them out, so in reality i am looking at a risk of about $40000.00 by the time we make the 1st lower.
    THIS is why I am asking for deposits with the caveat. I don't need to waste time, money and resources if there are not enough guys who want to get on board.

IF C.A. decides not to bring in more DA50s there are alternatives such as the Ferret or Safety Harbor uppers that fit the same way. They can be exported but to date the requests have been very low, hence my not bringing any in.

Hope that sheds some light on the dilemma

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

Quote Originally Posted by Valore-Dave View Post
    I also have concerns of this upper being modified to fit this lower, and then if something happens to the lower... No more are made. I would then be stuck with a 1600 dollar upper that doesnt work at all/ That being said still verrrrrry interested in making a deposit. hmm.
    You would be far more likely to win the 649, be hit by lightning and have the ambulance t boned on the way to the hospital all in the same 10 minutes, than to have a lower fail.
    How many AR15 lowers have ever failed? Your absolute worst case would be a hammer or trigger spring failing and seeing as these are both milspec AR15/AR10 parts I can not see how you could be concerned.

Also once the programs are rewritten and the fixtures made, there is nothing saying we could not run more at a later date.
    That, and I do not have plans of disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    You would be far more likely to win the 649, be hit by lightning and have the ambulance t boned on the way to the hospital all in the same 10 minutes, than to have a lower fail.
    How many AR15 lowers have ever failed? Your absolute worst case would be a hammer or trigger spring failing and seeing as these are both milspec AR15/AR10 parts I can not see how you could be concerned.

Also once the programs are rewritten and the fixtures made, there is nothing saying we could not run more at a later date.
    That, and I do not have plans of disappearing.
    Hahah. I have to say I really appreciate the service you guys are providing, and with a great attitude. I'll be speaking with you soon about placing a deposit. Happy to support a Canadian company that cares about its fellow enthusiast.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast