Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Wondering why Epps is trying to drive away customers

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Rigpig View Post
    Well I'm pretty sure you don't get to keep the defective one and get a new one for free. Return the defective one.
    If that's all it is i will gladly send in the defective one!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sgt.rock's Avatar
    Just pick up a phone, call them, ask why you were double charged, and get a mailing address and a "file number" or some identifier to help with the claim. Send the gun back right away, as I would want that as a dealer. It just makes sure someone is not just getting a free gun. Defective guns are not anything new. I am sure if you CALL THEM and TALK TO SOMEONE, they will make it right.
    My Grandfather always said " Kid...............if you meet more than one arsehole in a day, chances are you are the arsehole. "

I agree the OP should just call them and figure out the charge rather than post on here first thing, but if the distributor doesn't want a defective gun, what does Epps want it for? They going to turn around and sell it again? If the distributor is sending an extra one to Epps, then Epps isn't out any money at all by letting OP keep the defective one.

If you did not authorize the CC transaction, you have every right to dispute the charge with your CC company, and you will not have an issue doing so since they must not have your signature on merchant copy of the CC transaction receipt, and you clearly did not enter your PIN number.
    Member: CSSA, BCWF, ADFGA

330 Dakota - "If your dead, you dont know your dead, it only hurts the people around you,,kinda like when your stupid,,,AND VOTED LIBERAL"

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    If you did not authorize the CC transaction, you have every right to dispute the charge with your CC company, and you will not have an issue doing so since they must not have your signature on merchant copy of the CC transaction receipt, and you clearly did not enter your PIN number.
    This is the ultimate reason for my rant! How can they have authority to change my card without my permission, they have all my contact information.

CGN Regular
    This isn't promising. I haven't done business with Epps in a year or two, but had many times before that and found them excellent to shop with. are the negative reviews relatively new or was I just lucky in the past? Hopefully it's just the odd new employee and they can be back to being reputable?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer doublelung's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mobusten View Post
    I agree the OP should just call them and figure out the charge rather than post on here first thing, but if the distributor doesn't want a defective gun, what does Epps want it for? They going to turn around and sell it again? If the distributor is sending an extra one to Epps, then Epps isn't out any money at all by letting OP keep the defective one.
    Because EPPS sent him a replacement. He needs to send the defective gun to EPPS so that they can send it back to the distributor so that they get the refund. Not that tough to figure out. If EPPS sent the new gun to the OP without charging for it and the OP decided not to send the defective gun back in then EPPS is out the cost of the new gun.
    I'm your Huckleberry !!

Quote Originally Posted by landphil View Post
    Pretty bone-headed for a distributor to allow defective product to remain in public hands. I guess they want a few more people to handle and maybe buy second hand their defective product. That should help their reputation.

Notice that they aren't even curious as to why the gun failed! Sure sign that they're keen to improve the product eh!
    The above post is the intellectual property of the person writing under the pseudonym "RRCo."; any use or reproduction in whole or in part outside www.canadiangunnutz.com requires the express written consent of the author.

Quote Originally Posted by doublelung View Post
    Because EPPS sent him a replacement. He needs to send the defective gun to EPPS so that they can send it back to the distributor so that they get the refund. Not that tough to figure out. If EPPS sent the new gun to the OP without charging for it and the OP decided not to send the defective gun back in then EPPS is out the cost of the new gun.
    Did you even read any of the previous posts? Or my post at all? According to the OP, the distributor apparently DOESN'T want the defective one back. The distributor called and told Epps to send him a new one, and that they would simply send Epps an EXTRA one so that they would not be out any money when Epps sent a new one to OP... "Not that tough to figure out" he says...

I'm not sure why anyone would deal with them. There is a weekly complaint thread about them... We are going to have to work them into an official regular rotation, its Bear Defense / Epps complaining Thursdays.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast