Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: .22LR AMMO in stock now!

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoat View Post
    We all understand the fluctuation of our Canadian Dollar and the impact it has on Goods imported from the USA. However the comment about your suppliers charging you a premium , kinda like Price gouging . Why don't you find another wholesaler , that doesn't participate in this troublesome practice.
    This......
    "Let us speak courteously, deal fairly, and keep ourselves armed and ready."
    Theodore Roosevelt, San Francisco, May 13, 1903

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    $45 per 500 is right about what I paid for CCI Mini Mags (8.95/100) a couple of weeks ago. $45 seems a little steep for this stuff.

edit.... I'm not trying to beat up on this sponsor. If their suppliers are sticking it to them they don't have much choice but to pass it on. It is a business after all and "profit" isn't a dirty word.
    Last edited by sailor723; 04-18-2015 at 02:48 PM.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

Quote Originally Posted by jethunter View Post
    Great idea - which wholesaler do you suggest?

My buddy in the US says his 22LR is nearly 50% more expensive than he was paying 2 years ago. And he isn't even paying with C$ - that would be another 20% price increase over the increase he's seen. Our dealers and wholesalers are passing on the price increase they got from the source.

Accusing a person or business of "price gouging" when you don't know if it's actually true or not does not show a lot of integrity - which is the same thing you're accusing the wholesalers of. Think about it.
    The price is a result of market conditions. Scarcity + higher exchange rates = increased prices. If .22LR is harder to get, "they" will charge more for it. If you don't have a few thousand rounds squirreled away, what are you going to do? Buy it or stop shooting. Those are the choices.

Never mind
    Last edited by The Shaft; 04-18-2015 at 09:11 PM.
    focus...commitment...sheer f#$*ing will.

BANNED
    I paid $20.00 a brick for thunderbolts last fall,,so somebody is gouging somewhere..glad i bought 6 cases,,LOL..

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    The joys of a free market. Most of us consider ammo a luxury item for plinking away so unless one believes it should be gov't price controlled no point complaining about price. Don't like to pay, don't play.
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

If you think it's to expensive.... Go buy it where you feel it's the best deal, profit and margins are a normal part of commerce . If their price is to heigh they will not sell any. If people buy it at their price they make money.... Unfortunately this is life. Or we can ask the government to regulate the price

I don't think availability or price will improve.....The "OLD DAYS" are gone.
    The Whitetail Doctor from Blueberry Hill

On the bright site.... Those cases of thunderbolts I bought at $200 ar now worth 450 I guess...... I like to talk to my pension fund manager...

GunNutz
    Sigh. I recall people complaining when a box of Federal bulk went from 17 to 20 at a different retailer. Part of the complaint was (at the time) because the stuff was for sale south of the 49th for about $10 or $11.
    I used to shoot Winchester subsonic hollow points, made in Australia, purchased in Auckland New Zealand for a low, low price of $79.00NZ a brick.(all taxes in)...
    And I felt happy when there was ammo available for $70 a brick.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast