Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ares Defence SCR

Pity. What about a slightly modified version that does not take unmodified uppers? Exactly how the .50cal uppers/ atrs lowers were sold by Canadaammo as unrestricted? It's all a bit silly but...

Quote Originally Posted by Suther View Post
    The way I see it, if it takes AR uppers it'll be restricted because of how easy it is to swap from a 20" upper to a 12" upper. Too easy for people with regular PALs to turn them into restricted firearms, and oh the humanity...yada yada...
    This is stupid decision, any non-restricted firearms can be restricted firearms by easily cut barrel. The law never stop illegal behavior

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    Yes we have it back and as it's Restricted we can sell it to someone as a Restricted firearm. Nothing prohibited about it.

Do you still have it or is it sold?
    CCFR — CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer norlandgeese's Avatar
    What was the basis of the decision to consider it an AR variant?
    Mismatch is the new black

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Suther's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    Because it takes ar-15 uppers probably. All this product is is a work around for assault weapons ban states. To not be considered an AR variant, it'll likely need to be a whole gun, not half a gun. (ie modern hunter)
    Last edited by Suther; 09-28-2016 at 12:34 AM.
    "We don't take souls, we leave that to wives and girlfriends, but we can do a layaway " - Grumpy Wolverine.

If you need religion to have good morals then you don't actually have good morals.

Quote Originally Posted by norlandgeese View Post
    probably because it can mount an AR upper and more importantly they don't want us to own anything scary looking black. Oh I forgot.....just because is the most likely reason why.
    CCFR — CSSA

Quote Originally Posted by Questar2 View Post
    We still have it here.

Send me either a PM or an email to scott@questar.ca and we can talk further about it.
    Hi Scott,

Given that the Ares SCR is classified as a restricted AR-15 lower, does Questar have any intention to make them available for regular purchase or was the lower submitted for classification a one-off import?

- Jayne
    Mal: Jayne, how many weapons you plan on bringing? You only got the two arms.
    Jayne: I just get excitable as to choice - like to have my options open.

If RCMP classified SCR as Restricted because it takes AR uppers that is stupid and so are they. To follow the law it needs to be 18" or more barrel, If you have it assembled shorter your BREAKING THE LAW. saying uppers swap out easy is not an excuse. I can have an 870 with 18" barrel pistol grip and it be legal (length) I can also have a full stock 870 with a 12" barrel and still be legal. WHAT is the difference in swapping a short barrel AR upper and swapping a 12" barrel to a pistol grip shotgun and it be restricted length....... NOTHING!

Any news on the SCR rifle? Looks like it would be a good one to add to the collection but I can find much on if is non-restricted or restricted

Not to step on toes, but it would be remiss to not point out that Wolverine Supplies is the Ares/Fightlite distributor for Canada. Others can certainly import them via the Gray Market, but only Wolverine will provide warranty support for the platform in Canada....
    Mark C

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast