M305 receivers

What about complete rifles in a parts kit, its the assembly of the parts that's really bad.

Damn, that is a good idea I would be into. I would prefer minimal receiver markings unless the quality of the markings were better than has been seen recently. Just a preference though!

the theory is they have warehouses full of parts and only assemble as required. so, tapped receivers for scopes, not likely, but all the other packages are a possibility, if the experts are correct. only the chicoms know for sure. so, who has the best connections?

Well then, as I said in post #3, whenever you can get these in, (after they resume production and delivery of them), I'd be in for at least 2, maybe 3 M305 receivers, depending on the price point.

I'm still interested, will give this a final bump. Probably more interested people recently with some parts kits coming in.

Any possibility this happening?

Even for guns from older batches could make use of new receivers.

Mine is out of spec for the angles on the grooves where it sits in the stock along the side of the receiver. So I can glass bed it in a wood or synthetic stock but any CNC'd stocks it would sit without modification. So yes I want :D

I wonder what the quality of the new batch(es) of receivers will be like compared with the first batch given how long ago the first batch were made.

Inconsistent (present day) finishing and assembly aside, they made the first batch of receivers using the very similar 1950s manufacturing processes as the originals with very high quality steel, resulting in a near perfect copy. They were made using complex techniques without the same regard to cost that modern production would have.

The new batch(es) could be made using much cheaper manufacturing techniques and modern equipment, and will be made specifically for export sales as a commercial good. I would be surprised not to see evidence of cost cutting to meet a price point.

That stated, I do trust CanadaAmmo to stand behind whatever they bring in as always. I've bought my share of products from them, and have never been disappointed.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom