Pietta Python?

Just because it 'looks' like a Python, don't expect a Python inside the gun. Python's whether blue, nickel or stainless feature the finest quality exterior of any gun. And the trigger feel is the smoothest you will ever find. That kind of quality ain't going to be reproduced by anyone today for under $6K or so...(pick a number if you don't like that one). I think its nice poeple want this but be honest with your expectations. Kind of like comparing a Norinco 1911 to a Porrett custom.

Pietta has a good reputation for making Colt single-action clones.

There's no reason why they can't do just as well with clones of Colt double-actions.

I believe Marstar gets their Pietta guns shipped straight from Italy to Canada.
They seem to have a good supply of Pietta cowboy guns, so hopefully they can get these Pythons through the same channels.

The Euro is actually down to our Loonie right now, compared to last year. So prices might be reasonable.

I hope you're right. I had forgotten about Marstar and their Petta dealer status. Tradeex has a crapload of Piettas right now and they are usually pretty good with their pricing. This time it seems they are a bit higher than Marstar but Tradeex has one important factor on their side......they have them IN STOCK! No point having a better price than the other guy if you don't have the product! So you may be right. Marstar might be able to order them direct. Let's call John (and wake the bear!)

I hope you're right. I had forgotten about Marstar and their Petta dealer status. Tradeex has a crapload of Piettas right now and they are usually pretty good with their pricing. This time it seems they are a bit higher than Marstar but Tradeex has one important factor on their side......they have them IN STOCK! No point having a better price than the other guy if you don't have the product! So you may be right. Marstar might be able to order them direct. Let's call John (and wake the bear!)

Read earlier in the thread (post 5)....John already said that they are on order.

Im sure these will be "OK" but i have to admit... i recently picked a colt python and all i can say is wow! Its the smoothest action by far i have ever had the pleasure of using. Much nicer than i expected. I hope that these will come close.

Im sure these will be "OK" but i have to admit... i recently picked a colt python and all i can say is wow! Its the smoothest action by far i have ever had the pleasure of using. Much nicer than i expected. I hope that these will come close.

I also recently purchased a near mint Python, and now I understand why they are viewed as «The best double action revolver ever made». Compared to the gunsmith tuned GP100 I just sold, the action is so much smoother and the trigger is to die for, and there is nothing more beautiful than the Colt Royal blue!
I doubt this kind of quality and craftsmanship could be replicated at a low cost since every parts were hand fitted by Colt master fitter just like a luxury watch, but with the modern CNC machines, it could bring the tolerances pretty close without too much fitting, resulting in a very good revolver, but it will never be a Python, that's for sure!

One interesting thing I read about the Pietta is that many internal parts could be interchangeable with the Python. This is a very good news for Python owner since most of the python parts are no longer available, so if replacement parts from Pietta are available, it could mean the difference between a 1500-2000+$ paper weight and a happy shooting Python!

I only hope the Pietta arrival won't have much effect on the Python's value.

"I only hope the Pietta arrival won't have much effect on the Python's value"

Will likely push it higher, from that picture above the Pietta doesn't look quite right, can't find the right words to express, it looks "similar" but it's certainly lacking "something".

"I only hope the Pietta arrival won't have much effect on the Python's value"

Will likely push it higher, from that picture above the Pietta doesn't look quite right, can't find the right words to express, it looks "similar" but it's certainly lacking "something".

Yes, and there is something about holding a piece of firearm history (and shooting it) than can never be replaced by a replica!

Most complain about Norincos, but they have come along way.

Who's to say Pietta won't do the same.

Just kidding about Norinco, it's my pistol of choice when it comes to a 1911. Yes, they've come along way.
I have two BP Piettas which have an excellent fit and finish. They will make a Python proud!

Back
Top Bottom