7.62x51 Nato

i realize this is pretty nice ammo,,,but isn't it much cheaper to reload,,,i reload top notch ammo with excellent powder and projectiles for less...wonder if Marstar could bring in projectiles in cheap bulk,,then you could reload REALLY cheap...but i gotta say,,that stuff looks pretty nice,,,if it was garanteed reloadable boxer primed,,,i'd get a case from a Ottawa group buy just to have the brass,,,hopefully we can get a group buy going,,and we may possibly be allowed to pick it up directly since we are only about 45 minutes away...i'm available anytime to pick up,,,and have the facilities to store however many cases needed,,LOL..

Top shelf surplus ammo is seldom seen, Norinco stuff is ok and reliable but we get a chance at the top stuff, i sure wont take a chance of not stocking on them, there is no assurance we will have another shot at prime stuff in the near future... JP.:runaway:

HI HITZY;
Perhaps you would be kind enough to show us how to indentify which is which, berdan and boxer,,,WITHOUT taking the ammo apart ??
John

Left is Boxer Hirt, right is Berdan. '79 and on should be Boxer and look like the right one but have 2 stars on either side if the case head. I'm surprised the wood crates are not marked with an indication of priming.

Will there be a further discount for larger orders? How much if we buy by the skid? or larger quantities

I like your thinking. Would renting a U haul and driving it back full to B.C. end up cheaper than the 10 case rate ? Thinking out loud. Not enough info to try to figure it out.

I am in for a case or two depending on price LMD of BC.

people will horde diemaco green furniture for $400 +, people will want what they want.
as for 308 ammo, I have no hard on for this, I use tula for spraying...and have few cases of norinco too, I don't reload, tula is cheaper.

Not to stray off topic of the "Hurtin' Burger" ammo.... are you using the Tula in a M305? Any problems? I want to try some. So far only been using the Norinco steel cased copper washed stuff, been working great.

Left is Boxer Hirt, right is Berdan. '79 and on should be Boxer and look like the right one but have 2 stars on either side if the case head. I'm surprised the wood crates are not marked with an indication of priming.

Their should be a year stamped on the crate no? If '79 and onward os boxxer then that could be a way to dictate what is inside. I can see a lot of people who don't reload would not care if its boxxer or berden, while us re loaders would prefer boxxer.

I would pay an extra 25 bucks or so for a "hand Select" crate if I know it would be boxxer for sure.

Thanks for the heads up!

hey John, not trying to discredit the ammo, just sharing my experience shooting 7.62nato Hirtenberger in my m14 rifles. I'm sure you are aware..... I've sent a crap load of ammo down range in more m14 type rifles than the average m14 owner.
I had at one time 3000 rounds of it and was cautioned by the guy I bought it from to watch that I don't bend an oprod.
and it did in fact cycle the action in my m14 type rifles very hard so I saved it for my other rifles.
I don't need to "test" ammo any other way than how it performs in my rifles.

anyhow, hirtenberger was always regarded as quality 7.62 nato ammo
my comments, among the 100's of others out there, shouldn't be taken as me trying to persuade folks not to buy or use it.
when we can get 1000 round crates for less than .50 a round...... I'll think about restocking...... but for now, I'm good with the stash I have.

Knowledge is power. Thanks alot.

Please bring more if this stuff in, John, if you can. I will definitely take at least one case and I'm pretty disappointed I couldn't grab one out of this shipment.

Please see post one... it's not sold out

I like your thinking. Would renting a U haul and driving it back full to B.C. end up cheaper than the 10 case rate ? Thinking out loud. Not enough info to try to figure it out.

I am in for a case or two depending on price LMD of BC.
Marstar is Ontario, Doubtful if it would be cheaper and I would not need to rent anything. Only way that would work out to someones advantage is if we knew someone who went back and forth there for work and had room on their own truck for some personal goods.

Their should be a year stamped on the crate no? If '79 and onward os boxxer then that could be a way to dictate what is inside. I can see a lot of people who don't reload would not care if its boxxer or berden, while us re loaders would prefer boxxer.

I would pay an extra 25 bucks or so for a "hand Select" crate if I know it would be boxxer for sure.

We have our first shipment of prime quality 7.62 Nato FMJ on the way in.... Due if 2-3 weeks.

1980s European manafacture.... Non Corrosive....HP

Please do not call, we will post it very soon on our site.... With pictures and pricing.

We have not seen this quality of surplus in 25 years.
At prices that one can afford to shoot....

John

No doubt , $25 for 700plus once fired cases is not bad.

The ammo must be priced right at the wholesale level for the buyer to not care how much is boxer and how much is berdan.
Strange that the ammo is mixed but made in the 80's?

No doubt , $25 for 700plus once fired cases is not bad.

The ammo must be priced right at the wholesale level for the buyer to not care how much is boxer and how much is berdan.
Strange that the ammo is mixed but made in the 80's?

Why is this strange, most of the world still uses Berdan priming ??
John

Strange because someone else suggested no Berdan after 1979 and you have stated it's 80's production.
You'd know John, but is it typical in your many years of buying surplus ammo to have mixed lots like this and no way of telling what you are getting?

Strange because someone else suggested no Berdan after 1979 and you have stated it's 80's production.
You'd know John, but is it typical in your many years of buying surplus ammo to have mixed lots like this and no way of telling what you are getting?

Many of the major manufacturers in the world use Berdan primers in militray ammo....
Please take a moment to look at the pictures, they show the dates
I'm sorry to contradict BUT we always know what we are getting, we purchased this ammo months ago, inspected months ago,
John

Back
Top Bottom