7.62x51 Nato

I hate to back out but I must also withdraw for the same reasons. Whoever may continue with this group buy please remove my name from this list.

Group buy for LOWER MAINLAND BC
Gobc. . . . . . . . . . . .1 case
sTraTz. . . . . . . . . . 1
Dave Mishchenko. 2-4
rb2. . . . . . . . . . . . . .1
Klaus enuff. . . . . . .1
Playinghooky. . . . .1
NSWanderer. . . . . .1
Nowarningshot. . . .1
Muscles1000. . . . . 1
Sky52. . . . . . . . . . . .1
First person. . . . . . .1
Dilligaf. . . . . . . . . . . 1
Power wagon. . . . . .1
Ottoman. . . . . . . . . . 2 or 3
Lexthedestroyer and
Oldgravy. . . . . . . . . . . 1
Trazor. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Nodnodnod2003. . . . 3
Rc30. . . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
Chuchao. . . . . . . . . . 1
Canuck1978. . . . . . . 2
Canbill. . . . . . . . . . . . 2 or 3
Moks. . . . . . . . . . . . . 1
SpicyRichter. . . . . . . 1
Jim2189. . . . . . . . . . 1
NewWester. . . . . . . .2
Conrad.....................1
here's what I've got so far.
Updated. 33 -37 cases.

I just found out what the shipping will be, and unfortunately I am out.
There are other options that are very close in price, and the chance of getting Berdan primed cases coupled with not being able to tell until you get it makes this not worth it to me, and I suspect others.
So here is the list as it stands now, I'm sure someone else can pick it up, and carry on.
Sorry, it's just not worth it to me.
The Quote Brian got Came to $540.15 each shipped for 30 cases. Just for reference.

What does the shipping work out to? If we have this many people, could possible approach a local store and see what they can do for something like Federal M80?

Dave Mishchenko. 2-4
Playinghooky. . . . .1
NSWanderer. . . . . .1
Nowarningshot. . . .1
Muscles1000. . . . . 1
Power wagon. . . . . .1
Lexthedestroyer and
Nodnodnod2003. . . . 3
Updated. 33 -37 cases.

There are other options that are very close in price, and the chance of getting Berdan primed cases coupled with not being able to tell until you get it makes this not worth it to me, and I suspect others.
So here is the list as it stands now, I'm sure someone else can pick it up, and carry on.
The Quote Brian got Came to $540.15 each shipped for 30 cases. Just for reference.

Dave Mishchenko. 2-4
Playinghooky. . . . .1
NSWanderer. . . . . .1
Nowarningshot. . . .1
Muscles1000. . . . . 1
Power wagon. . . . . .1
Lexthedestroyer and
Nodnodnod2003. . . . 3
Updated. 33 -37 cases.

Sorry I out too

Dave Mishchenko. 2-4
Playinghooky. . . . .1
NSWanderer. . . . . .1
Nowarningshot. . . .1
Muscles1000. . . . . 1
Power wagon. . . . . .1
Lexthedestroyer and
Nodnodnod2003. . . . 3
Updated. 33 -37 cases.

I am confused,
You seem shocked by the shipping rate, $18./case for ammunition shipped right across the country ?? What were you expecting ??
Thank you for considering Marstar
John

I am confused,
You seem shocked by the shipping rate, $18./case for ammunition shipped right across the country ?? What were you expecting ??
John
To put it in to perspective, I was ready to order 50 cases but when you reduce the pricing from $549 for one case to $479 for a 10 case order, I was expecting a similar 15% or more price reduction on the much larger 50 case order before shipping but that did not happen.

I was quoted $1257.19 for shipping on 50 cases making shipping $25 a case for an order of 50.

Now I can and have been buying new production sellier and bellot at $15.99 a box from another dealer on this forum with free shipping which works out to $575 plus 5% tax for the same 720rnds to my door and I am guaranteed re-loadable brass.

For this reason I and many others are dropping out.

10 Cases ASC51C4: $4790.00 ($479/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $498.52
Tax: $239.50

Total: $5528.02

-----------------------------------------

20 Cases ASC51C4: $9580.00 ($479/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $744.03
Tax: $479.00

Total: $10,803.03

50 Cases ASC51C4: $23450.00 ($469/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $1257.19
Tax: $1172.50

Total: $25,879.69

100 Cases ASC51C4: $46900.00 ($469/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $2252.46
Tax: $2345.00

Total: $51,497.46

We did say Nato spec, 147grs FMJ

"NATO spec" doesn't mean 147 grs at all - 7.62x51mm can vary between 130 and 155 grs as per STANAG 2310. There are presently almost 50 different NATO qualified loads (interesting trivia: Canadian C21 ball was the first) and they do indeed vary in weight as the STANAG allows, not all are 147 gr by any means. It's a very fair question.

The purpose of STANAGS is only to ensure interoperability, not to set the precise specifications for any particular load. Indeed, NATO qualified 7.62mm only has to have an MPI within 3.5 vertical MOA of the M80 ball reference round to meet the standard.

To put it in to perspective, I was ready to order 50 cases but when you reduce the pricing from $549 for one case to $479 for a 10 case order, I was expecting a similar 15% or more price reduction on the much larger 50 case order before shipping but that did not happen.

I was quoted $1257.19 for shipping on 50 cases making shipping $25 a case for an order of 50.

Now I can and have been buying new production sellier and bellot at $15.99 a box from another dealer on this forum with free shipping which works out to $575 plus 5% tax for the same 720rnds to my door and I am guaranteed re-loadable brass.

For this reason I and many others are dropping out.

In fact the pricing appears as follows on our site PRICING: 1 case $549.oo - 5 cases @ $499./case - 10 cases @ $479./case - 50 cases @ $469./case

Brian 46, we have one hell of a deal for you, we can drop the price substantialy and prepay the shipping to your door.... one containner of 1000 cases....
drop me a note with a copy of your dealer license john@marstar.ca
John

In fact the pricing appears as follows on our site PRICING: 1 case $549.oo - 5 cases @ $499./case - 10 cases @ $479./case - 50 cases @ $469./case

Brian 46, we have one hell of a deal for you, we can drop the price substantialy and prepay the shipping to your door.... one containner of 1000 cases....
drop me a note with a copy of your dealer license john@marstar.ca
John
I was organizing a group buy for personal use, not resale. If you now require a dealer license to accept a large order and give discounts, that pretty much eliminates anyone posting in this thread as a buyer.

I was not complaining by my post at all, I was merely answering your query of someone else as to why they passed on ordering when the final price per case was finally able to be calculated

I am confused,
John

Last edited:
I was organizing a group buy for personal use, not resale. If you now require a dealer license to accept a large order and give discounts, that pretty much eliminates anyone posting in this thread as a buyer.

John is being sarcastic. Give it a rest.
I will be bugging Marstar for better shipping though. If people in teh west cost can get $18 shipping I'm not sure why I was quoted $26 in the same province.

John is being sarcastic. Give it a rest.
I will be bugging Marstar for better shipping though. If people in teh west cost can get $18 shipping I'm not sure why I was quoted $26 in the same province.
I was not quoted $18 per case, I copied and pasted marstars email and even on a $50 case order it was $25 ea

I wonder how much less the Day & Ross rate would be if you didn't require tailgate service and could unload with a pump truck or forklift?

Now is that quoted $20 - $25 per case rate by CanPar or by freight?

Last edited:
I wonder how much less the Day & Ross rate would be if you didn't require tailgate service and could unload with a pump truck or forklift?

Now is that quoted $20 - $25 per case rate by CanPar or by freight?
Day and Ross per the quote below

I was not quoted $18 per case, I copied and pasted marstars email and even on a $50 case order it was $25 ea

10 Cases ASC51C4: $4790.00 ($479/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $498.52
Tax: $239.50

Total: $5528.02

20 Cases ASC51C4: $9580.00 ($479/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $744.03
Tax: $479.00

Total: $10,803.03

50 Cases ASC51C4: $23450.00 ($469/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $1257.19
Tax: $1172.50

Total: $25,879.69

100 Cases ASC51C4: $46900.00 ($469/cs)
Day & Ross Shipping (WITH TAILGATE SERVICE): $2252.46
Tax: $2345.00

Total: $51,497.46

Actually i would be willing to run a small group buy if anyone close to me is interested. .. all i need is 3 more crates to get the 499 price

10 cases to Halifax, @$479 each and $26.25 per case day and Ross no tailgate service, not bad in my opinion!
The quotes above for out west are for tailgate service, so would be cheaper without!

Back
Top Bottom