Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contest time again!!

Expired Industry Member

Contest time again!!

This one is a doozy, gentlemen. We want to see your well-loved Remington 700 or 870. This contest will be running until 1500 EST 7 May 2015.
    Dad’s rifle that has been heavily used, but not abused! Well loved and cared for, but showing the wear and tear of a life in the bush. Maybe it was your first hunting rifle, and you’ve replaced it with a sexier, younger model. That duck slaying shotgun you got for your 16th birthday! Now is your chance to give your tired old work horse a second lease on life. Here at the Gravel Agency we have 5 full time gunsmiths who will be honoured to give your 700 or 870 a full make over.
    The rules are simple. Post a photo of your 700 or 870 here and we will choose the most beat up, rugged looking yet functional entry that we deem most deserving of an over haul. Once again, chosen by our completely biased, Remington loving panel of judges.
    Dinged, scratched, worn out recoil pads, tired parts, duct taped stock!
    The lucky winner will have a personal consultation with our head gunsmith prior to any work being performed. We want you to be very happy with the final product. We don't want to take a classic, family heirloom and ruin its collectability or originality. We want to give your working firearm another 50 years of faithful service.

What we are offering:
    Shipping to and from our facility
    Re blue or;
    Cerakote
    Replacing wood with new wood, laminate or synthetic.
    Replacing worn/broken parts
    Smoothing and polishing
    A full return of your trusty rifle or shotgun to operational and handsome condition.

What we are not offering:
    Full restoration to original condition.
    Refinishing of original wood.
    Re barreling
    The fine print:
    The chosen firearm must be in (mostly) operational condition. Final decision on refurbishment will be done by our gunsmiths once the chosen firearm has been inspected at our facility. Bulged barrels, improper head space, poorly executed modifications or Bubba’s home gun smithing may render the originally chosen firearm irredeemable. In such an unlikely case, the firearm in question will be returned to its owner at no cost with no work performed and another winner will then be chosen.
    Last edited by Gravel Agency; 04-23-2015 at 10:19 AM.

I'm going to get in on this on! :D
    "You can get more done with a kind word and a gun, than you can with a kind word alone." ~ Al Capone
    CSAAA ADFGA

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    I'll play. (not to win just to play!)

I still have this pic I posted in the last contest! I can't win, because my Remingtons are relatively new, and completely problem free. (And I won in the last contest)
    The 700 I got two years ago, and it was my first hunting rifle made in this century. Opening day two years ago, I fell in a creek (because I'm an idiot) and the scope that came with it was full of water. Opening day this past year (with a new scope) it took down a nice mule deer. Apparently it needs a new trigger, but I see nothing wrong with the one it came with.
    The 870 was the first brand new gun I ever bought, and it works like a charm. Its taken out a lot of crows, magpies, and a few ducks and geese.

And here's the 700 in its natural habitat
    Last edited by stripperclipper; 04-23-2015 at 07:15 PM. Reason: added picture.
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

The coyote slayer

Remington 700 tactical 223 in LTR stock

CGN frequent flyer
    If it allowed model 8 or model 10 remingtons Id have a chance but all my 870s and my 700s are taken care of. It is the old second hand guns that others used for hunting before I bought them that have stupid crap done to them like notching deer kills in the wood etc.
    "Nah, I don't like guns, they're dangerous" - Tommy Lynn Sells
    -------------------------------------------------------------------

Expired Industry Member
    Come on people, no one has a beat up old 700 or 870 they want to enter?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    I'll have a beat up 870 pic in soon

I got a perfect gun I was planing on doing this with It.. got off my grandpa before he pasted .. It's my 870 wing master that used to be his goose gun on the farm how do I upload photos ???

CGN frequent flyer stripperclipper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Joeldaradics View Post
    I got a perfect gun I was planing on doing this with It.. got off my grandpa before he pasted .. It's my 870 wing master that used to be his goose gun on the farm how do I upload photos ???
    Go to the top of the forum to "newbie faq's". There's a thread in there with step by step instructions on how to post pics.
    Also known as "Dewey Cox" on other forums.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer luke s's Avatar
    here is the 870 wingmaster in all its beat up glory! it has been around the block including some security use, hunting (different barrel/stock), as well as skeet.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast