AR500 Gong Sets - Available Now!

I don't recommend it I have ar500 targets at 1/2 inch thickness and the x39 steel core (which surplus is)
And it puts small pits in the surface.
If used for 500-1000 rounds you will start to damage the target

Anything thing else besides steel core ammo is fine web 50 bmg just not surplus steel core or you get the pitting effect on the surface

I shot mine with a bunch of non-corrosive surplus and it was fine. The FMJ 223 is what gave me the tiniest little dimples, but that's due to velocity creating heat on impact.

No such thing as non corrosive surplus...
you have new old newer production lead core ammo hence the little damage and no nicks like I was talking about

How about.. against .......338Lapua ?

Against 338 they fare perfectly fine.

No such thing as non corrosive surplus...
you have new old newer production lead core ammo hence the little damage and no nicks like I was talking about

Touche. That's what I get for responding from home, past my bed time. Should read: DA 7.62x39 bulk ammo.

I don't recommend it I have ar500 targets at 1/2 inch thickness and the x39 steel core (which surplus is)

Anything thing else besides steel core ammo is fine web 50 bmg just not surplus steel core or you get the pitting effect on the surface

even the hardest steel will pitt even without AP

At what distance are you shooting AR500 at? I have shot literally hundreds of thousands of rounds of 223 and up to 50 BMG surplus which IS steel core at AR500 targets with no ill effects. I DON'T shoot steel closer than 250 yards however.

Regarding 7.62x39, I shot some DA non-corrosive steel core, and Norinco non-corrosive steel core at a competitor's 3/8" thick AR500 and had significant cracking and chipping of the plate after around 600 rounds. ATRS, from what I'm reading this should not be a problem with your targets?

Thanks ATRS,
Cal.

Back
Top Bottom