Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ruger 10/22 VLEH Tactical Targets in stock in Canada

CGN Ultra frequent flyer stuckon308's Avatar
    My brother in law almost exclusively shoots 22lr. He likes to push it to 200+ yards. This thing hits the 8" gong almost every time. Pretty compact. Very accurate especially for a semi auto. Love it.

CGN Regular
    Just to make it easier to find The Deal of the Year (on the latest page):

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfooter View Post
    https://www.irunguns.us/product.php?...sa-22-lr-16-12

Boxing Day to New Years sale: $399.99 US translates to about $515 CDN. Need I say more?

Since the VLEH is coming from the Canadian store in the Edmonton area, there is only GST and Canada Post shipping to worry about.

All up, you're looking at about $565 to $585 depending on where you live. Right now, that deal is the best in the USA and Canada for an available VLEH. The U.S. arm of IRunGuns is sold out of the Target Tactical.

Bass Pro had the Target Tactical/VLEH on sale for $579.97 until Xmas, the lowest price recently offered by that big box establishment. Add tax alone and you were still over $600. Yes, the ruggedly-built Dar-22 may be better than the VLEH -- but is it $200 better in basic form with the stock Ruger trigger? ($700 + tax + shipping = roughly $775 + trigger upgrade = $840.) The Target Tactical comes standard with an approx 4lb-pull target trigger.

IRunGuns rocks: Nine left in stock at the moment.

** Note: the lil' bipod could be better so the first thing you may want to do is order another bipod (UTG model TL-BP69ST is a goodie because it folds off itself and therefore no spring action levers/pries on the connection sling stud and forearm). Or, alternatively, just leave the supplied bipod off. The rail also is stock Ruger and needs to be replaced by an acceptable picatinny stand-in: UTG model MNT-22TOWL otherwise known as the UTG Tactical Low Profile Rail Mount for Ruger 10/22 Rifle is one choice. On a normal 10/22, that rail is slightly too high to see through to the sights -- but the VLEH is sight-less so no problem.

I know this won't sound tacticool, but couldn't you just slap an inexpensive recoil pad on it to up the LOP? Works on my Bantam Mossberg 500 shottie: h ttp://www.cabelas.com/product/Pachmayr-Decelerator-Slip-On-Recoil-Pads/741408.uts .
    You're right but I got a 1/2 price deal on the stock from MDT during their BF sale. I'm also going to use it to try out a PRS style buttstock. It's a testbed for an AR build.

CGN Regular
    Just to put that stunning SALE price of $515 in perspective, another very hopeful/optimistic CGN sponsor has the VLEH listed retail at $849.99. The lowest price from a CGN-related biz -- other than IRG -- is $639.99 + tax, shipped free.

Yup, that IRunGuns bargain is quite a deal if you're looking for an accurate, semi-auto 22LR. Even at the height of Canada's glory years when the Canuck peso was almost par with the U.S. dollar, the best price on that rifle was $465 + tax + shipping.

Where it is now is a virtual steal. And, folks, don't hesitate because Ruger ain't making them anymore. The VLEH is no longer in production after a lifespan of 2009 into 2018. Once sold out, they're gone.

That’s one hell of a deal for this type of rifle, should be a good shooter right out of the box

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblack View Post
    That’s one hell of a deal for this type of rifle, should be a good shooter right out of the box
    Bonus: You get a FREE IRunGuns T-shirt with it, too.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by CZ85Combat View Post
    got mine from IRG when I first saw this post years ago, back in the days when they were impossible to find in Canada. Best bang for your buck in a 22. Yes, the bipod is less than average but for what I use mine for, it's good enough. The trigger is awesome and it is really accurate. you can consistently put 10 rds in a dime at 50m with CCI mini mags. It is quiet too.
    What kind of optics are you running on your VLEH? I've got a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18 on top but was looking at adding something like a Nikon Prostaff II Target 3-9 EFR or Leupold VX-2 3-9 EFR ($$$) for closer range stuff.

Anyone have opinions on glass to match this IRunGuns ultra-deal Target Tactical??

CGN Regular
    Still on sale until New Years with a stunning low price of approx $515 CDN. Stored and shipping from the Canadian store in the Edmonton area on January 2nd, all you pay is tax and Canada Post on top. No cross border worries.

All up, $565 to about $585 depending on where you live.

Deal of the year!

CGN Regular
    Still on sale until New Years with a stunning low price of approx $515 CDN. Stored and shipping from the Canadian store in the Edmonton area on January 2nd, all you pay is tax and Canada Post on top. No cross border worries.

All up, $565 to about $585 depending on where you live.

Deal of the year!
    You are actually making me want to buy this so bad. Already have a tricked out SS 10/22 in an ATI stock but I’ve always wanted the target barrel. Arggggghhhhh

CGN Ultra frequent flyer CZ85Combat's Avatar
    What kind of optics are you running on your VLEH? I've got a Vortex Crossfire II 6-18 on top but was looking at adding something like a Nikon Prostaff II Target 3-9 EFR or Leupold VX-2 3-9 EFR ($$$) for closer range stuff.

Anyone have opinions on glass to match this IRunGuns ultra-deal Target Tactical??

I have a FFP SWFA 3-9x scope on it. had the scope for about 6-7 years now. fantastic optic for the cost but impossible to find here.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast