Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Cadex MX1 Muzzle Brake (Made in Quebec)

I am pondering a long(er) range 223 build. I would like as little recoil as possible to help observe the hits. Would a brake work better for such a caliber if it were drilled with a smaller exit hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Boomer686 View Post
    I have one on the same rifle: the brake does the job well. Despite how big it looks in the pictures it compliments the rifle nicely tool. Mine is in OD and the finish has held up without issue.You will be happy with the brake.
    Thanks Boomer for the vote of confidence! I am glad to hear that the finish on the brake is solid.

Might as well see if I can secure one and give it a go

CGN Regular
    I love mine..... Remington 700 / 5R 300 win mag. sitting in Field Tactical chassis / Skeleton stock / MX1 brake.

Recoil is on par with my Winchester XTR .243

I have one of these brakes on a tikka in 6.5 creedmoor. Looking to buy a chronograph does anyone know if a MagnetoSpeed V3 will work with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0-06 View Post
    I have one of these brakes on a tikka in 6.5 creedmoor. Looking to buy a chronograph does anyone know if a MagnetoSpeed V3 will work with it?
    I have the brake on my Cadex and use the V3 with no issues.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Rusty0-06 View Post
    I have one of these brakes on a tikka in 6.5 creedmoor....
    Love this brake. I also have one on my Tac A1 in 6.5. There is so little recoil everyone who shoots the gun is impressed.

My V3 works with the comparable size PA brake and so should work for this as well.
    "A gun is not a weapon, Marge, it's a tool. Like a butcher's knife or a harpoon, or...or an alligator."

CCFR/NFA Member

I recently added this brake to my SSG3000 and even though this is my first time being able to compare how a rifle shoots with and without a brake, I think it did a great job of reducing recoil. I will say that after I took the first shot, I thought I forgot to put in my earplugs as even doubled up, I got a bit of ringing in the ears.

Quote Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
    I recently added this brake to my SSG3000 and even though this is my first time being able to compare how a rifle shoots with and without a brake, I think it did a great job of reducing recoil. I will say that after I took the first shot, I thought I forgot to put in my earplugs as even doubled up, I got a bit of ringing in the ears.
    Hello Sir

Hahaha This is a drawback of having such an effective recoil reducing brake, it's loud! We turn a 338 Lapua Mag into a 243 Win, but the blast deflected sideways will for sure make the shooter next to you blink every time that you pull the trigger

We have just enough angle to greatly reduce the flash, slow down the muzzle rise and deflect the blast away from your spotter.

Thanks for your great support!

Best regards
    Cadex Customer Service Representative(s)
    1-888-348-6774
    customerservice@cadexinc.com
    https://www.cadexdefence.com/

For any emergency please contact:
    Patrice Picard
    Sales Director

514-821-7983
    patrice@cadexinc.com

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345