Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Modern VARMINTER .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by carverk View Post
    I keep going back and forth on MV one day I'm in the next I'm out just wishing ther wear uppers in 7.62x39 and 450 bushmaster as well it would make my decision a lot easier
    The modern Hunter was an easy decision with 4 or 5 different uppers available for it.
    I am extremely happy with the modern Hunter and will be placing another order in soon for a third upper
    Yes I agree that is kinda the allure of a rifle like this.

CGN Regular
    not to hijack this by any means.
    how has the luck been with the 338 fed?
    obviously in the modern hunter. been debating it for a bit.
    and as I think someone mentioned earlier. If 450 bushmaster worked I think it would be a lot easier for guys to jump on.
    However I agree with the good folks at atrs, If its not reliable and their name is on it why sell it. They are top notch and that's
    why most guys buy from them. keep up the good work!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by s3xspert11 View Post
    not to hijack this by any means.
    how has the luck been with the 338 fed?
    obviously in the modern hunter. been debating it for a bit.
    and as I think someone mentioned earlier. If 450 bushmaster worked I think it would be a lot easier for guys to jump on.
    However I agree with the good folks at atrs, If its not reliable and their name is on it why sell it. They are top notch and that's
    why most guys buy from them. keep up the good work!
    ATRS will have the 338 fed MH upper ready next month thinking of ordering ither 308 or 243 next
    Last edited by carverk; 12-30-2015 at 11:57 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    I keep going back and forth on MV one day I'm in the next I'm out just wishing ther wear uppers in 7.62x39 and 450 bushmaster as well it would make my decision a lot easier
    The modern Hunter was an easy decision with 4 or 5 different uppers available for it.
    I am extremely happy with the modern Hunter and will be placing another order in soon for a third upper
    450 and 30 Remington 30AR can work off of the same bolt provided you make it out of material strong enough unlike a lot of the factory and aftermarket 450 bolts currently available.

Remington made the 30AR with a different rim size so people did not use it on the weaker bolt meant for the 450 but you can turn down the rim on 30AR brass or get dies to neck down your 450 brass to 30 AR. These two calibers really are the top performers in this small platform. Both calibers each use their own proprietary magazine that will not hold 223 so it wont be another issue like the 50 Beowulf which is another bonus. Factory loaded ammo is also readily available for both calibers and in stock in Canada unlike 50 Beowulf

30AR magazine

450 Magazine

7.62x39, 30AR and 450 Bushmaster
    Last edited by Brian46; 12-31-2015 at 02:26 AM.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian46 View Post
    450 and 30 Remington 30AR can work off of the same bolt provided you make it out of material strong enough unlike a lot of the factory and aftermarket 450 bolts currently available.

Remington made the 30AR with a different rim size so people did not use it on the weaker bolt meant for the 450 but you can turn down the rim on 30AR brass or get dies to neck down your 450 brass to 30 AR. These two calibers really are the top performers in this small platform. Both calibers each use their own proprietary magazine that will not hold 223 so it wont be another issue like the 50 Beowulf which is another bonus. Factory loaded ammo is also readily available for both calibers and in stock in Canada unlike 50 Beowulf

30AR magazine

450 Magazine

7.62x39, 30AR and 450 Bushmaster
    MV uppers in 223 ,30AR,450 Bushmaster would make it a well rounded hunting platform

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    MV uppers in 223 ,30AR,450 Bushmaster would make it a well rounded hunting platform
    yes, the 30AR has 86% more case capacity than the 7.62x39 Out to around 400yds it's performance is very close to that of a 308 but in a lighter more compact rifle.

The 450 under 200yds will take all the big game Canada has to offer
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

The key word in MV is Varminter fellas,I'd be quite content to see a .20cal and maybe some other hot .224 chamberings offered?I don't want a well rounded hunting platform for mice to moose,that just might lead to crazy ideas and thought processes like maybe I can get through life with just one rifle....what's the fun in that?Damn, I've got a .300BLK barrel en route for my XCR and I'm already stressing over the thought of possibly neglecting my other deer rifles. :0
    Last edited by grinrgrn; 12-31-2015 at 05:40 AM.
    III%er
    كافر

What the MH has going for it is versatile just like my T/C encore pro Hunter
    I hope the MV will become just as versatile down the road

Quote Originally Posted by grinrgrn View Post
    The key word in MV is Varminter fellas,I'd be quite content to see a .20cal and maybe some other hot .224 chamberings offered?I don't want a well rounded hunting platform for mice to moose,that just might lead to crazy ideas and thought processes like maybe I can get through life with just one rifle....what's the fun in that?Damn, I've got a .300BLK barrel en route for my XCR and I'm already stressing over the thought of possibly neglecting my other deer rifles. :0
    I want one gun to rule them all. Given options like the 6.8, .30AR, .300BLK, 6mm-223, and .450 Bushmaster, all of which can take deer-sized game (and larger in the case of the .450) there's no reason for me not to have the desire for a gun I can shoot a gopher with in July, and deer with in November, with whatever the heck I want at the range in between, and all I have to do is pop a pin or two to make the change happen.

I know the MH will do this right now, but I like the smaller package (and I don't have to buy more mags) of an AR15 styled gun. It's also better to get my girlfriend, or my young nephew into shooting centerfire, because the smaller rounds are generally softer shooting, as well as the gun being lighter. Remember: I want one gun to rule them all.

My take on this whole "I want it in this or that calibre" is that; it is what it is. I think that's what Rick is envisioning for it. I think it will remain .223 wylde.

And it should remain that. After all, it is non-restricted. And a whole lot of work went into getting it NR. All the way back to the MH.

For those of you who want it in something else, look elsewhere. Really.