Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Modern VARMINTER .... ?

Quote Originally Posted by cariboocreek View Post
    I wish my Vette could carry a cord of wood, but it can't. I wish my half ton could pull my fifth wheel but it can't. I wish my 1 ton could turn 9 second quarter miles, but it can't. I want to really like this automobile thing but the lack of........
    I stuffed a 350 into an S10 once. It solved all my problems, except fuel economy, but that's because of my lead foot.

Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    You're missing my point. I want to take advantage of the modularity and versatility of the design. I want multiple uppers in different calibers for different purposes. .223 for gophers, 6.8spc or 6mm-.223 for deer, and for ####s & giggles/heavy brush .450 bushmaster. I don't want to have to buy three complete rifles and send two of them off to the smith for work, at additional cost over and above the $3000 starting price point.
    I don't think you appreciate the logistic nightmare that the variety of calibers you are asking for creates for ATRS. With the MH everything uses the same bolt and same magazines, its simply a matter of a different barrel. To modify the small frame for other calibers suddenly you are stocking multiple types of bolts, magazines (which ATRS doesn't produce, unlike their regular mags...) and barrels. All of which have to be fully tested and vetted for function as they don't want to get every single rifle back not working properly. 6mm-223... are you on glue? Now you want them to produce a factory rifle for order in a wildcat cartridge without factory ammunition commonly available? This is clearly custom work, and will likely never be offered as a factory option. All of this for the dozen or so rifles they might sell in each other caliber. The modular nature of the design is still appealing for people who want to be able to customize handgaurds, stocks, grips etc.

I might as well stick to bolt-actions for everything then, because I could probably pick up half a dozen decent guns for the price of one MV.
    You might be on to something here...
    Last edited by BeerBaron; 12-31-2015 at 06:24 PM.

To be clear... I DO think the prospect of other calibers in the MV is appealing... I just don't think its reasonable to demand ATRS produces them right off the hop when they are trying to do a large (cost effective...) production run in what will certainly be by far the most popular configuration. Let a few of them get out into the wild THEN start to explore how far the platform can be taken.

I'm guessing you didn't call up Chevy and custom order your S10 from the factory with a 350?

ATRS has to keep explaining over and over why they did what they did. If you want something different, buy it or make it yourself. Half the MH and MV threads have the same question asked and answered 50 times. Look through the 40 pages of guys who will never buy the gun chirp about what it should be and find your answer. The calibre options has been an issue since day 1. Maybe buy those 3 guns and scopes as you will never get an everything rifle without sacrifice. Btw, saying a guy is worse than a Liberal for telling you the truth is childish, grow up man, we all enjoy shooting.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer griffin86's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
    To be clear... I DO think the prospect of other calibers in the MV is appealing... I just don't think its reasonable to demand ATRS produces them right off the hop when they are trying to do a large (cost effective...) production run in what will certainly be by far the most popular configuration. Let a few of them get out into the wild THEN start to explore how far the platform can be taken.

I'm guessing you didn't call up Chevy and custom order your S10 from the factory with a 350?
    He probably did go and whine to GM why he couldn't just swap between a 1.8L Turbo, 350 and 454.
    CGN Weekly Schedule
    Monday: Can't access the EE! Tuesday: Non-restricted rifles like AR-15? Wednesday: Difference between 223 and 556? Thursday: 9 or 45? Friday: Bear Defense thread Saturday: Why is this prohibited? Sunday: Zombie thread

They are also a business and 223 will sell well. I don't think they're going to release other calibre for only a small percentage of people who want them. It's already a small number of people that will likely buy this gun. At around 4k you can bet most people are not going to be buying one. An additional upper is not going to be cheap either.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    my MH is awesome and highly recommend it and I know The MV will be just as sweet
    Yes I wish ther was other caliber uppers to go with the MV but I'm still on the Fence whether or not to put up the $
    I may just whate for the Second run and see what happens but then agen it would be nice to have a MV wen I get out of camp haahaa
    Last edited by carverk; 12-31-2015 at 03:31 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Hunter View Post
    They are also a business and 223 will sell well. I don't think they're going to release other calibre for only a small percentage of people who want them. It's already a small number of people that will likely buy this gun. At around 4k you can bet most people are not going to be buying one. An additional upper is not going to be cheap either.
    They are at around $3200. Everything beyond that is purely upgrades that could be made after the purchase and user installed. However ATRS has offered to source and install the most common options at the time of build.

My MV is ordered as a base with the upgrades of a Proof CFW barrel, and ambi controls. All furniture is A2 as ATRS does not source my choices.

So I get it just like any lego rifle, with ####ty furniture that will be cast aside when I get the rifle.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Grizz Axxemann View Post
    Sure, I can make the choice of not buying one, but what are the alternatives? ANSWER ME THAT.
    ACR

I already have the 450 running great and the 30AR is in the works for it now as I type.

The demand is there from the hunting crowd, I should know as my rifle has spurred a lot of interest and sales among just people I know that were never interested in a modern rifle like this before.

I myself am interested as the MV is supposed to be a lighter platform and I would sell the ACR provided it hits the mark. If it remains a 223 only rifle and the manufacturer is dead set against caliber conversions it is of no interest to myself and most hunters IMO
    Last edited by Brian46; 12-31-2015 at 04:28 PM.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Brian46's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BeerBaron View Post
    Nobody is Demanding they produce off the hop as you say, However, ATRS has responded in a manner that eludes to them not even wanting to see anyone attempt an aftermarket caliber conversion on their rifles. Something I find strange and will end up being rather prohibitive if you call them to purchase spare parts to enable the conversion/build multiple uppers.
    If it's either loud, obnoxious, fast, hated by the general population or any combination of these, I OWN IT!!