Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: M-14 National Match Rear Sight

Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    Thanks for clearing up some info on these. I also did a bit of googling and see that these have 1/2 MOA clicks in them. I guess that relates to the teeth pitch. Will be interesting to see how it compares to my (NOS) Beretta (PB) rear sight assy.
    the only way to get 1/2 moa adjustment elevation on the nm sight is with a hooded nm aperture. the gearing teeth are cut for 1 moa, same as a regular sight. you can insert a nm aperture into a regular base, the difference is an nm base has a cut out for the hood. the hood on a regular base will bottom out too high. the other base difference is the windage for nm is finer thread for 1/2 moa. so you must use a nm windage knob in only an nm base.windage threads get striped with the wrong pinion for the base. whether this base has a cut out for the hood and 1/2 moa windage knob, I can,t tell from the angle of the photo. more pictures would help.

So,,, is this sight good to go without having to also change the normal Norinco front sight?
    C.S.S.A. + C.C. F.R.

Quote Originally Posted by 1-trident-1 View Post
    the only way to get 1/2 moa adjustment elevation on the nm sight is with a hooded nm aperture. the gearing teeth are cut for 1 moa, same as a regular sight. you can insert a nm aperture into a regular base, the difference is an nm base has a cut out for the hood. the hood on a regular base will bottom out too high. the other base difference is the windage for nm is finer thread for 1/2 moa. so you must use a nm windage knob in only an nm base.windage threads get striped with the wrong pinion for the base. whether this base has a cut out for the hood and 1/2 moa windage knob, I can,t tell from the angle of the photo. more pictures would help.
    As 45ACPKing already stated, these NM rear sights came with either an (unhooded) peep aperture or a hooded aperture.
    Either type I would think SHOULD use the same gear teeth on the NM pinion and also mated to the same pitch teeth on the ramp of either the bare peep or the hooded aperture. Either ought to give you the NM 1/2 MOA clicks/graduations for elevation, no?
    Since this unit from Marstar is furnished as a complete NM rear sight assembly, I don't believe we have to worry about matching windage knobs and such, as it's already a done deal. Marstar says it IS a NM sight, so both windage and elevation should be 1/2 MOA adjustable, to qualify as a NM. At least that's what I'm banking on. ;-)
    Cheers.

Expired Business
    Quote Originally Posted by El_Monty457 View Post
    As 45ACPKing already stated, these NM rear sights came with either an (unhooded) peep aperture or a hooded aperture.
    Either type I would think SHOULD use the same gear teeth on the NM pinion and also mated to the same pitch teeth on the ramp of either the bare peep or the hooded aperture. Either ought to give you the NM 1/2 MOA clicks/graduations for elevation, no?
    Since this unit from Marstar is furnished as a complete NM rear sight assembly, I don't believe we have to worry about matching windage knobs and such, as it's already a done deal. Marstar says it IS a NM sight, so both windage and elevation should be 1/2 MOA adjustable, to qualify as a NM. At least that's what I'm banking on. ;-)
    Cheers.
    AND they are even marked NM, please see photo....
    John

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    guys, I have not handled this exact offering from marstar so can't tell ya how they will fit and work.
    BUT if it was me...... I wouldn't hesitate to snap these up.
    99.00 for an M14 NM sight set is simply a fantastic price , from a company with an Ironclad Guarantee on their products....... how can a guy go wrong?
    I remember not too long ago when a guy had to fork out 200 to 250.00 for a used good condition usgi M14 NM rear sight set.

Quote Originally Posted by johnone View Post
    AND they are even marked NM, please see photo....
    John
    john, please, you,re being evasive to monty,s question. does your nm sight have 1/2 moa adjustment or not? I think that is the gist of his query. it's a simple yes or no reply, not look at the photo.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    john, please, you,re being evasive to monty,s question. does your nm sight have 1/2 moa adjustment or not? I think that is the gist of his query. it's a simple yes or no reply, not look at the photo.
    NM sights general have 1/2 minute windage and 1minute elevation.
    1/2 minute elevation is achieved with a hood aperture which rotates to add the 1/2minute
    I don't see a hooded aperture in Johnone's photo so it "OBVIOUSLY" is not that model of aperture
    another option is to find an NM elevation disc like I have on my rifles. this is a disk that fits between the elevation knob and the receiver. it mates to the receivers 1 minute notches and is epoxied in place. the other side that mates with the elevation knob is machined in 1/2 minutes values.
    I have no ideas on where one finds those discs these days.

anyone wanting more info on various NM sights made for these rifles and how they function....... GOOGLE is a wonderful tool

Who made these?
    Crazy......but that's how it goes.

This is typical johnone reply. Whether or not he intends it to be rude, he should really just stay off the forums like he promised he would because he always makes an evasive reply like he's trying to pull a fast one somehow or is just rude to the individual. The comment about marked NM means nothing. I imagine even the Chinese can make an N and M marking for a clone.

Expired Business
    The question was were they national match, I simply stated look at the picture as they are marked....

YES THEY ARE NATIONAL MATCH....

Why would we say they are if they were not ??
    John
    Last edited by johnone; 05-07-2015 at 05:48 PM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast