Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted .50 Cal Trigger Group/Lower - Order Online!

CGN Regular
    I thought one could not export .50 cal from the US.

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Above49TH View Post
    I thought one could not export .50 cal from the US.
    For some time just after 911 getting anything 50 cal out of the USA was not possible. The last few years they have either lost some of their paranoid fears about us or have realized that their country needs every dollar it can get.
    Not sure which, but 50 cal stuff is not a problem , at least for now.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    Well.... Not happy to hear canam is sold out of uppers....

Two just popped up on the EE. I guess the 50 bmg hype is just well.......that

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I'm fortunate to have abundant crown land surrounding me and many shooting spots that would be perfectly suitable to let the big 50 loose.
    Every year , at least once or twice, a group of my friends show up for a "blast". Usually it's halloween and new years and we love to blow chit up LOL
    A 50 would be an awesome addition to the fireworks and tannerite we lit it up with last year LOL
    If I was confined to a range or crown land close to a major urban population, I could not see the same sense in owning one.
    Canam says the still have the 50 upper parts kits, but due to staff holidays they won't be built till they get back to full staff.
    I'll be a big boy and suck it up for now and play the waiting game.

Hey there Alberta Tactical Rifle, looking at another similar rifle - the Tactile T2 upper .50 cal - they have a provision for a side fed magazine... Will you ever consider making such an attachment for the DA 50? Cheers!

~ Tom

Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    Hey there Alberta Tactical Rifle, looking at another similar rifle - the Tactile T2 upper .50 cal - they have a provision for a side fed magazine... Will you ever consider making such an attachment for the DA 50? Cheers!

~ Tom
    If you are asking will we make a mag system for the DA50? No. If we did not already make the lower from years ago for the Ferret and Safety Harbor uppers, that just happen to also fit the DA50, we probably would not have embarked on this project at all.

Frankly a mag fed 50 is nearly useless if any sort of precision is desired as ALL mags for the 50s are too short to feed VLD/ULD bullets when seated out to get maximum performance from the cartridge.
    As long as 1 is happy with mediocre accuracy running machine gun length ammo, mags work, but who in the civilian shooting community shoots a 50 rapid fire?

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Ya, singe shot is perfect for my plans
    BUT if 50BMG ammo was 1/5th the price... I'd have a hard time not buying that Lynx bullpup mruhahaha
    But sadly, reality bites LOL

Fair enough. I don't have any experience with .50's but thought that it appeared 'nifty:' as it appears on a steyr and the t2... and remotely reminiscent of the Boys .55 anti tank gun.

I will admit that "rapid firing" a bolt action was not on my agenda, just the cool factor, and the ability to keep the sights on target.

I am with Thomas on the Lynx, however! The very first useless must, should I win the lottery! Probably alongside a PGW offering.

~Tom

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    ..but who in the civilian shooting community shoots a 50 rapid fire?
    I should get the video of my previous boss wasting $100 through the Lynx.. firing from the hip. Would be nice to have that sort of money!

Quote Originally Posted by 7offsuit2 View Post
    Fair enough. I don't have any experience with .50's but thought that it appeared 'nifty:' as it appears on a steyr and the t2... and remotely reminiscent of the Boys .55 anti tank gun.

I will admit that "rapid firing" a bolt action was not on my agenda, just the cool factor, and the ability to keep the sights on target.

I am with Thomas on the Lynx, however! The very first useless must, should I win the lottery! Probably alongside a PGW offering.

~Tom
    There is NO better feeling than rapid fire as is generated by an M2, but a bolt gun? To each their own, and that's cool.

I find it odd that back in the early 1900s and through the WW2 several rifles had side mount mags, then as things evolved they became bottom mount as the preferred way to direct the effects suffered from minor as well as catastrophic failures, and now 100 years later we are seeing this style of rifle resurface again.
    Having seen photos of the results of side fed rifles failing I am not sure how much comfort I would find in shooting a gun that I KNOW is designed to send all the blast from everything from primer pieces to detonation out the side my head is on. Having had these occurrences happen on a bottom fed rifle was unpleasant enough. Out the side I think would be far less fun........