Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Non-Restricted .50 Cal Trigger Group/Lower - Order Online!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    I thought I heard or read something about the lower being welded to the upper.
    Welding sort of implies a similar material.
    Rick, did I hear correctly?
    oooooooh....... I didn't read that anywhere and if true..... that cancels any interest I would have LOL
    but I don't think that's the case.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by 45ACPKING View Post
    oooooooh....... I didn't read that anywhere and if true..... that cancels any interest I would have LOL
    but I don't think that's the case.
    The understanding I was given is that something is welded to the upper to make it incompatible with an AR lower. It isn't welded to the lower.

Im sold.
    Take my money please

Business Member alberta tactical rifle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tootall View Post
    I thought I heard or read something about the lower being welded to the upper.
    Welding sort of implies a similar material.
    Rick, did I hear correctly?
    There certainly is a ton of mis-information on CGN. Most courtesy of a couple of trolls.
    The upper is made of steel, 4350 CM IIRC, the lower is made of 7075 aluminum so it it would be impossible to weld the 2 metals together in the first place.
    We DO need to weld an anchor point onto the upper in order to attach the lower. And this IS irreversible making the upper and lower dedicated units.
    Alberta Tactical Rifle Supply

Canada's Premier Precision Rifle Manufacturer

Please email all inquiries to info@albertatacticalrifle.com NOT through PMs

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

http://www.albertatacticalrifle.com/
    Long Distance is BETTER than being there

do you still need to buy the stock, grip, and a drop in trigger for the lower or is that all included?

Quote Originally Posted by alberta tactical rifle View Post
    There certainly is a ton of mis-information on CGN. Most courtesy of a couple of trolls.
    The upper is made of steel, 4350 CM IIRC, the lower is made of 7075 aluminum so it it would be impossible to weld the 2 metals together in the first place.
    We DO need to weld an anchor point onto the upper in order to attach the lower. And this IS irreversible making the upper and lower dedicated units.
    Hah!!! My master thesis was about explosion welding of steel to aluminum... So I say it is not impossible, however definitely not practical...

Sorry, just couldn't hold myself Rick...

Quote Originally Posted by lacesout View Post
    do you still need to buy the stock, grip, and a drop in trigger for the lower or is that all included?
    Yes, exactly the same as with any other lower. Not sure if a drop in trigger will light up #35 primers though. C.A. has included a special high mass hammer to solve this which then gets married to a milspec type trigger.

The Province of Alberta has been suffering for the last 30 plus years with an EAST infection

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    I got one final question , and I sure hope it's not taken as trolling
    I like to know exactly what I'm getting and exactly how much it's gonna cost for a finished product

the upper we have a price for
    the "trigger group" we have a price for

how much is it gonna cost to do the "marrying"

I'm trying to support Canadian business and trying decide if this is a route I really wanna go or do I drop a couple grand more for a complete rifle that is already in the system as non restricted. OR do I just machine my own lower and submit for an FRT regardless of how long that takes. I realize most folks don't have that last option but I do.
    Sorry if these questions are a pain in the ass rick but

From the other thread.
    "The lower WITH the upper modifications is $750.00, a number of the small parts from a standard LPK are also required, but I suspect $50.00 will cover all of them. The DA50 comes with a proprietary hammer, which makes sense as standard mil type hammers and springs do not have enough mass to set of the 50 cal primers.
    A standard buffer tube and some sort of AR stock and grip will also be required to make the unit useful, these are common and can be purchased almost everywhere AR parts can be found. From experience I would suggest something like an A2 or PRS or something fixed along those lines rather than a collapsible stock."

The buffer tube, stock and hand grip are NOT included in the cost of the lower and modification of the upper. we can supply them at additional cost or you can source them on your own. The same thing goes for the LPK parts that will be required to make the fire control functional.
    The lower will need a trigger, trigger spring, safety and all the detents and springs typically found in a standard lower parts kit.

CGN frequent flyer boss351cleveland's Avatar
    How much would you guys charge to cut the barrel down to 29'' recrown and thread , A 36'' barrel just seems too long , Most all other makers of .50 rifles seem to think 29'' is best all around length .