Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release from Chiappa!!!!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce-deuce View Post
    You nailed it... A 12" in a take down doesn't make sense to me. At least with a 16" both bits would be the same length.
    You could add another 4" to that barrel and gain ballistic and legal (avoid US border problems) advantages and the gun would fit into the same case as the "packing length" is determined by the longest section.
    Over 2 Gs tax incl. - wow!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer sailor723's Avatar
    I'm more into handguns but I always thought Chiappa was a lower end "cheapy" manufacturer.
    Fan of Browning Hi-Powers and both S&W and Colt revolvers

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I'm more into handguns but I always thought Chiappa was a lower end "cheapy" manufacturer.
    I dunno about that.
    I've got a blue steel Chiappa Mare's Laig takedown in 44 Mag that is very well made.
    I drilled and tapped the barrel and mounted a long eye relief pistol scope right behind the muzzle.
    Quite accurate out to 50 yards.
    I'm looking for a normal length butt stock for it.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    Beautiful looking gun. Eye candy !

Perfect for back packing in Canada but I'd have a hard time getting it into the USA with that 12" bbl for my yearly deer hunt in Maine.
    Anything less than a 16" bbl is a "NFA short barrel rifle" down there and needs lots of paperwork to import and possess + a $200 tax stamp even for a US citizen.

Besides if I called Wanstalls to buy a $2000 gun I might as well call a good divorce lawyer at the same time.

Sorry, not this time around.

If they made one with a 16" bbl for 1/2 the money I'd be interested.
    16" would still be handy and still break down in two even pieces.
    Expensive for sure.

Is the barrel drilled and tapped for a rail as well? It looks like there are two holes forward of the Skinner sight.
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I'd joke about it only holding 4rds, but if 4rds of 45/70 don't kill it, it probably doesn't die.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by sailor723 View Post
    I like handguns too but unfortunately my Canadian home isn't in a jurisdiction where I can use handguns other than to polish them in front of the TV (with the window blinds pulled fully down so my nosy neighbors don't dime me out) or poke holes in paper targets at a bureaucrat approved range.

That Canada allows full use of non-restricted short barrel rifles like the subject firearm we are discussing and the US doesn't without a long arduous paper trail is amazing to me.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by voncosbies View Post
    I'd joke about it only holding 4rds, but if 4rds of 45/70 don't kill it, it probably doesn't die.
    I wonder if the new Chiappa levergun we are speaking of is rated for the Buffalo Bore ammo that appears to be on sale in Canada now though I haven't personally seen a Canadian sourced Buffalo Bore round of ammo yet??
    If the action is a Winchester 92 clone it should be plenty strong.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer buzzmagoo's Avatar
    Wow! 45/70 thats big medicine for a short package. I bit the bullet and popped for the 44 mag, liked it so much that I bought a second one ,to have a paire of them. The price was steep for them( or so I thought) but two G's ( sorry) is way to much! Totally happy with my 44's great gun. Would love to get one but can't justify the price. If they were priced nearer to the price of the 44 mag I would feel the need to get one.I am sure that they will sell to the guys that need a pack gun,pilots , trappers and guides.

BANNED
    Get Chiappa to make a stainless takedown with a 16" bbl for around $1000 - $1200 and I'd definitely be in the market for one but $ 2Gs is as the previous poster stated "way too much".

My heart skipped a beat.... until I clicked the link and saw the price.

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891012 ... LastLast