Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: New Release from Chiappa!!!!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer carverk's Avatar
    A short barreled bolt action would be a great option something like 338 federal with a 12" or 14" barrel fore hunter or a run of 7.62x39 fore every guy how has a sks extra
    sum thing like the top rifle but possibly have a full picatinny rail so a guy can add fold down sight and optics as he desires
    Last edited by carverk; 05-18-2015 at 08:36 PM.

dammit now im wishing for a SBR 338 federal agen someone need to make me one soon of I will go crazy lol
    I have gotten avery SBR 22 that has came my way start GETTING IN SBR BOULT ACTION in hunting calibers I will keep coming back
    well we are talking about SBR how about sum T/C encore pistol barrel in 12" or 14"
    Last edited by carverk; 05-18-2015 at 08:59 PM.

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by lone-wolf View Post
    Question.

Can a peep sight be mounted further back on the receiver instead of the barrel?
    I always thought peep sights mounted forward on the barrel was a poor compromise.
    Steve Young of Steve's Gunz makes an aperture sight to replace the little lawyer safety button on the Rossi R92 rifles.
    With very little effort a hole could be drilled and tapped on the bolt to place such a sight on an 1886 clone.
    The 1886 is configured the same as a 1892 except on a bigger scale.

Haha, I clicked the link too! That price made me actually laugh out loud. Cool concept, but I'm out (by about $1000)

CGN frequent flyer
    Weren't there major issues with the last batch of these models from chiappa? And now they cost even more?

I want a sumthing like this dont get me wrong i'm calling in the morning about the 45-70 but lets start thinking NR boult action SBR and T/C encore barrels no one in canada has 12" or 15" T/C Encore barrels NO ONE!

Last edited by carverk; 05-19-2015 at 11:36 PM.

IMO if the price is going to be that high then it should have been made in full stainless steel and synthetic stock. IMO this gun is at least $600 to $800 over priced.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Can-down's Avatar
    While I agree the price at over $2000 with taxes etc is very high, if you look at what a similar Chiappa is selling for in the US @ around $1500.00 US ($1835.00) I'd say Whanstalls is in the ballpark and trying to make a sale but is dealing with a strong US dollar that is some how effecting this Italian gun...... US distribution?

I also agree that at that price it should be perfect out of the box.

Camp Cook has pointed out the benefit of short handy rifle like this but in reallity because it is so short and handy the takedown feature (and extra expense) could probably be bypassed. I do like the octagon barrel and look forward to a response from someone "in the know" as to whether or not what appears to be threaded holes on top are for scope rail mounts?
    Our Government trusts rivets more then law abiding gun owners.

I really like the packability of this rifle.....would be an awesome bush gun.....but its a bit expensive.

A feature that would definitely have been good to include with the custom run of these.......would be a threaded barrel.
    I used to have a CSA 7.5" VZ 58, and the concussion of the blast from a rifle round exiting a short barrel, was nothing short of ...brutal, I would have headaches for hours after.
    when I installed a brake/redirector, it was fine...

I think that this would definitely need that, so add 300 to the already 1900 is 2200.00, just to be able to have the option to do what (I feel) would be a necessity for this gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer lone-wolf's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    Steve Young of Steve's Gunz makes an aperture sight to replace the little lawyer safety button on the Rossi R92 rifles.
    With very little effort a hole could be drilled and tapped on the bolt to place such a sight on an 1886 clone.
    The 1886 is configured the same as a 1892 except on a bigger scale.
    Right on, that'd be the way to go.
    The wild still lingered in him and the wolf in him merely slept

"It must be poor life that achieves freedom from fear" - Aldo Leopold