Webleys

Just put in an order for a MKI, really hope they have enough to go around...#36326.

Question - I've heard of a "Antique Certificate" (Basically says "Yes this a legit antique" with the serial number) here in Canada. Do these exist and how do I get one for this?
You need to call the rcmp. They will request info and pictures... They do retain this information.

All webley MK1s are antique. The frt table is there to support this.

IMHO the letters are useless ymmv.

You need to call the rcmp. They will request info and pictures... They do retain this information.

All webley MK1s are antique. The frt table is there to support this.

IMHO the letters are useless ymmv.

Thanks for the info, was thinking along the lines of CYA. We all know how much the average LEO knows about firearms law.

Last edited:
Is there ammo readily avalable for that pistol, i would like to order one... JP.
The only stuff I've found (for a different model Webley, but same caliber) is made by Fiocchi, but it is very expensive. $46.95 per box of 50 if I recall, from another vendor. Marstar doesn't carry it (at least not recently). One or two other vendors had it at an even higher price.
New brass is kind of scarce as well. And be advised there are 2 lengths of .455 Webley brass for the 2 cartridge 'Marks', MkI and MkII, not to be confused with the Mk numbers of the actual revolver models. MkI is longer, MkII is shorter. There's about 3 or so different makes of more common brass you might be able to cut down to make .455 Webley, but, in addition to trimming the case walls down shorter, you also have to trim their rim thickness back, from the front to the back, to match the Webley spec. And each one of those other calibers has a different rim thickness, overall length and inner volume, so pick carefully which one you're going to use if you go that route. I bought some new Bertram brass a while ago to avoid that, but it's also horrendously expensive.
And then there is the vintage Webley lead weird RN bullet profile and weight which is not very common to get hold of either (if you're interested in reproducing it exactly). There's another website dedicated to stuff about these vintage arms, I forget it's name right now. But that's where there's a few real gurus on it. I think some of them are re-enactors or something as well.
Anyway, it ain't easy or cheap to shoot a Webley.

Pip, pip, cheerio.

The advert on the Marstar website for this model, the MKI, says .455 caliber. That's .455 Webley, implying the original, unchanged cartridge chambering. If it was shaved, it wouldn't be saying .455, it would likely say .45 ACP.

The only stuff I've found (for a different model Webley, but same caliber) is made by Fiocchi, but it is very expensive. $46.95 per box of 50 if I recall, from another vendor. Marstar doesn't carry it (at least not recently). One or two other vendors had it at an even higher price.
New brass is kind of scarce as well. And be advised there are 2 lengths of .455 Webley brass for the 2 cartridge 'Marks', MkI and MkII, not to be confused with the Mk numbers of the actual revolver models. MkI is longer, MkII is shorter. There's about 3 or so different makes of more common brass you might be able to cut down to make .455 Webley, but, in addition to trimming the case walls down shorter, you also have to trim their rim thickness back, from the front to the back, to match the Webley spec. And each one of those other calibers has a different rim thickness, overall length and inner volume, so pick carefully which one you're going to use if you go that route. I bought some new Bertram brass a while ago to avoid that, but it's also horrendously expensive.
And then there is the vintage Webley lead weird RN bullet profile and weight which is not very common to get hold of either (if you're interested in reproducing it exactly). There's another website dedicated to stuff about these vintage arms, I forget it's name right now. But that's where there's a few real gurus on it. I think some of them are re-enactors or something as well.
Anyway, it ain't easy or cheap to shoot a Webley.

Pip, pip, cheerio.

Some info on the diff. Webley ammo.

http://cartridgecollectors.org/?page=introduction-to-455-cartridges

Due to the trauma of having been giving something wonderful then having it snatched away, I think that a class action law suit forcing Marstar to produce a batch of MkI Webleys for everyone that ordered them is in order ;)

Due to the trauma of having been giving something wonderful then having it snatched away, I think that a class action law suit forcing Marstar to produce a batch of MkI Webleys for everyone that ordered them is in order ;)

Sign me up, I want my MKI dammit! :ang
I was already reloading 'til the wee hours of the morning in expectation of its arrival. Now all wasted. Oh, the humanity.
ha:

Don't take this the wrong way John, I think it's a fair question, since in the past there HAVE been multiple old Enfield revolvers and such for sale (although not antique).
Is the rule of thumb that we should assume for your antique page that all of those items are the only one for each type listed? Just good to know for future reference. i.e. For all we know, you may have got a crate full of old Webley MKI's from a Brit army warehouse that you put up for sale. What would help, would be like some other vendors have, an active stock quantity, indicating how many are left after each order is placed. Just sayin'.

Back
Top Bottom