Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Thanks from Sharon Gregson

Thanks from Sharon Gregson

I'd like to thank everyone who supported my public position on guns last week. The emails you sent to me and my colleagues (many of whom were speaking out against me) made such a difference. As you may know, the Solicitor General of British Columbia has made very negative statements about my right to speak out about gun ownership and discussion about self defense. The press has paid a lot of attention to the story and I have received hate mail and nasty calls to my kids at home even.

Still al least the story has people talking about the gun registry and self defense, particularly as it applies to women.
    All the best to you and yours, thanks again.

Sharon Gregson
    Vancouver

Gregson Misquoted ???

Gregson misquoted ?????

I’d like to set the record straight regarding this national storm of controversy sparked by Sharon Gregson. I have been dating Trustee Gregson for a couple of years now, did her first tattoo and gifted her first handgun, my father’s Springfield Forty Five.

Many of our more affluent neighbours living along the tree line in North Vancouver are often pestered by bears audacious enough to sniff around their estates. Conservation officers are called in, and often as not these defenceless creatures are shot.

I was present during much of the initial CBC interview and as I remember it, albeit through a fog of eggnog,………. we were sitting about, waxing philosophically on these ursine tragedies when I broached a few solutions. Sharon facetiously mumbled her agreement regarding “the right to arm bears“. And hence was erroneously born, Canada’s 2nd Amendment.

Merry hic burp Christmas

Thomas Lockhart

West Coast Tattoo

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Fall Guy's Avatar
    It was very courageous of you to make that decision and go public.

It is a shame about dragging your kids into this.

We are here, you know that now.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fogducker's Avatar
    can i be so bold to say .....i love you:D any time them anti,s get to you... come to the nutz forum here to get some hugs and tons of support..
    GO girl give them hell..
    signed....... a fan

CGN frequent flyer
    Thanks Sharon! I commend you!!

This is the start of an up hill battle to change prejudices and years of Liberal brain washing! We all need to work on our family, friends and co-workers. What we do should be just as accepted as someone who golfs.

CGN frequent flyer safeguardguy's Avatar
    Have a great New Year and know that you have thousands of friends across the country; "we've go your back"! You have helped the cause along. Let us know if we can do more.
    Last edited by safeguardguy; 12-26-2006 at 02:18 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer promac's Avatar
    Sharon, I commend and salute you for your courage! It is very unfortunate, dissappointing and disturbing to hear that you and your familiy are receiving hate mail and telephone calls. As for the Solicitor General, the Canadian public should not tolerate such comments as we have not place for them. Keep your chin up tiger!

RichPoorMan
    Super Moderator
    Glad to see a shooter of your standing in society has the guts to tell the truth.
    Happy New Year, Good luck, and good shooting!
    Bush hunter!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer ipscgraz's Avatar
    On a reasonably direct route with the wipers on.
    battle to change prejudices and years of Liberal brain washing!
    That is, unfortunately, correct.
    A demand for further gun laws is an admission that the hundreds of gun laws already on the books, and the Firearms Act itself, is simply to placate the uninformed.

“The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." Tacitus

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steve David's Avatar
    Sharon, cudo's to you for your solid stance on your beliefs. This is a perfect example of the iggnorance of the general public and what they think they know. So much for our rights to the freedom of speech. You have shown a great deal of courage in a situation I think you did not expect to get this out of control and you are handling it very well. Remember that there are no bandwagon jumpers here at CGN, and if there are, then they sould jump on it now and get the ehll out of dodge, because this group of fellow shooters does not stand behind you, we stand right beside you.
    Last edited by Steve David; 12-31-2006 at 12:52 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast