Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 818202122232425262728293031323334 LastLast

Thread: Stop the RCMP!

Are there any criminals who give a damn about magazine restrictions? The police should be out dealing with crime. Not pretending to be lawmakers and making criminals of law abiding citizens.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer onetwentyish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nktuner View Post
    ++1
    Quote Originally Posted by RooGaboo View Post
    Yep, keep it really simple, magazine restrictions are proven ineffective nonsense. Remove mag restrictions of all kinds from the legislation!
    Ain't this the truth. It couldn't get any simpler.
    "I dont usually bring targets im more of a dirt shooter." -daniel_250r
    I am the "small fringe minority" with "unacceptable" views.
    CCFR 🍁 CSSA

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by StrikerSW View Post
    We don't throw anyone or any rules that benefits the community under the bus. Magazine laws do not increase public safety. It should not be necessary to explain how they do not impact crime. Magazine laws are a liberal emotional response, typical of their platform.
    You are aware that a lot of laws are based on emotions, and are completely unsupported by science, right? This true in many aspects of our lives touched by laws and regulations made in ottawa and the 10 provinces, not just about firearms.

As for the insanity of magazines regulations, which has reached its pinnacle with the 10/22 fiasco imho, it's still just the tip of the iceberg. Many laws and regulations are a lot more far fetched, we've just become so used to them that we don't notice them anymore, but anyone new to the firearms hobby automatically wonders why:
    1-AR15 are restricted based on their look;
    2-32acp and 25acp are prohibited based on someone's feeling in 1992 (that's just my best guess, nobody seems to really know wtf these guns are banned);
    3-Ammos for 32acp and 25acp can still be sold;
    4-Smith & Wessons's M&P15-22 (a rimfire rifle which shares 0 part with an AR-15) is restricted based on sharing a name and a look with the M&P15, which is restricted due to its look (it's an AR15);
    5-The 10/22 charger is considered a pistol because Ruger calls it a pistol, although it has no characteristics of a pistol, but has every one of a rifle;
    6-I'm not sure I want to keep going on.

A lot of these laws are based on the fear caused by mass shootings in another country.

Holy thread resurrection.

I too think any restriction is a waste of time.

Simple = nothing at all
    If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking.

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bigbush View Post
    Holy thread resurrection.
    Give him some slack... he's new. It's only his 3rd post.

Besides, even if the thread is dated, the issue is still relevant.
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Magazine limits should be determined by how far the base plate is from the magazine lips, not the Liberal Pop Riveter's Association.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    You guys are dreaming. Even in some states where guns are a LOT more accepted than here have magazine restrictions. I have more chances of winning the lottery without buying a ticket than you guys have of changing the laws to allow unlimited magazines.

As a realistic person, I'd settle for laws based on science and reason, such as magazine capacities based on volume, not "amount of rounds the firearms it was originally designed for it can contain", classification based on physical characteristics instead of look, name and color of the firearm, and so on... But dreaming about removing all mag capacity regulation is just a dream.

Any update to firearm legislation and regulation will be toward restricting more and prohibiting more. If you want to make a move now, it would be to get handguns of all shape and size, cause the next update to firearm laws might very well be to move a lot of guns from restricted to prohibited status, create more 12x categories, and only those who previously owned those firearms will get those new statuses.

CGN Regular
    Please forgive me in my ignorance of the facts. Why is the RCMP or the firearms center have anything to do with anything regarding this issue. I thought we as gun owners have to follow the laws that are in the firearms act, have anything been changed or will be changed in the act regarding magazines?. If not then what right does the RCMP have to tell us anything if its contrary to the firearms act, they enforce the laws not write them right?.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexei View Post
    Please forgive me in my ignorance of the facts. Why is the RCMP or the firearms center have anything to do with anything regarding this issue. I thought we as gun owners have to follow the laws that are in the firearms act, have anything been changed or will be changed in the act regarding magazines?. If not then what right does the RCMP have to tell us anything if its contrary to the firearms act, they enforce the laws not write them right?.
    They have been "Authorized" by the present Liberal Gov't to be the go-to experts with Firearms Rules here in Canada.
    CCFR MDRGC

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Aprilia Man's Avatar
    Delete
    CCFR MDRGC