Stop the RCMP!

TSE JR

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor
Business Member
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Let's get onto our MP's and Minister Blaney directly and let them know that this is not acceptable and the RCMP do not make laws or policy!!

We are almost there with the Common Sense reforms. Do not let the RCMP move us two steps back again!

From Calibre facebook page

In attending the CSSA annual general meeting we had the opportunity to follow up on the changes to Bulletin 72 with both the CSSA and Minister Blaney's office. Unfortunately we learned that Murray Smith (Manager, Specialized Firearms Support Services, Firearms Investigative and Enforcement Services Directorate, Canadian Firearms Program, RCMP) was heard referring to this as "The Year of the Magazine" at CANSEC just days ago. Allegedly this is a reference to an ongoing effort by the RCMP to limit LAR-15, Beowulf, and similar magazines' use. It is expected that whatever changes they intend to implement in order to obtain the goal of sidelining these magazines' use will be rolled out mere weeks ahead of the upcoming election. Minister Blaneys' office and the CSSA both overheard these comments at CANSEC, are aware of the RCMP's intentions, and are working towards preventing it. We will also be filing further Access to Information requests and following up with both the CSSA and the government as the situation develops over the summer.

In short, it appears that the RCMP are working towards placing restrictions on magazine use that would prevent the use of LAR-15 and Beowulf magazines, either completely or by legally requiring those magazines only be used with LAR-15 and Beowulf rifles. When we asked "Does this mean we may not be able to use our ten round magazines in out regular AR-15" we were told that indeed, this effort by the Firearms Program would prevent us from doing that, if it comes to fruition.

Send letters:

Letters should be addressed to:

The Right Honourable Stephen Harper MP, Prime Minister of Canada
The Honourable Steven Blaney MP, Minister of Public Safety

Blaney's FAX is 1-613-995-6856
Harper's FAX is 1-613-941-6900

Whatever you write, you can:
1) email it
2) Print it and FAX it
3) then put it in the mail

Last edited:
Ok. Murray Smith:

How many people have died and been injured by the use of the LAR-15 Mags?
How many crimes were comitted using these mags?
How many lives could have been sparred if a person was forced into using a 5 round mag to commit a crime?

This is a rapid errosion of our freedom. The bureaucrats who appiont themselves to the highest ranks of the RCMP are ensuring that we are a disarrmed country.
This is no longer a "tinfoil hat" topic. We are being systematically demonized by Ottawa and sociopaths who enjoy armed protection but demand we be disarmed.

Ok. Murray Smith:

How many people have died and been injured by the use of the LAR-15 Mags?
How many crimes were comitted using these mags?
How many lives could have been sparred if a person was forced into using a 5 round mag to commit a crime?

This is a rapid errosion of our freedom. The bureaucrats who appiont themselves to the highest ranks of the RCMP are ensuring that we are a disarrmed country.
This is no longer a "tinfoil hat" topic. We are being systematically demonized by Ottawa and sociopaths who enjoy armed protection but demand we be disarmed.

+ 1

not that I agree with it, but I figured there would come when the RCMP would shut down that loop hole. I don't think that its a coincidence that it has magically become an issue now when we are months away from an election.

not that I agree with it, but I figured there would come when the RCMP would shut down that loop hole. I don't think that its a coincidence that it has magically become an issue now when we are months away from an election.

But it's not a loophole.

It was the RCMP that made the determination about the magazines and published their findings. Now a few years later, they simple are changing their minds.

They did the same thing on the Swiss Arms and the CZ 858. They made a determination, published it, then after the fact, changed their minds.

JR

Murray Smith can discuss firearm-magazine classifications after he's released a genuine, complete, non-redacted, and brutally honest report as to who did what at High River, and what repercussions have since befallen those involved in wrongdoing. Not a moment before that, though.

Here is the contact information.

The Honourable Steven Blaney
Email:steven.blaney@parl.gc.ca

Hill Office
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
K1A 0A6

Telephone: 613-992-7434
Fax: 613-995-6856

Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament.

Constituency Office(s)
115 President Kennedy Road (Main Office)
Suite 101
Lévis, Québec
G6V 6C8
Telephone: 418-830-0500
Fax: 418-830-0504
1516-D Route 277
Lac-Etchemin, Québec
G0R 1S0
Telephone: 418-625-2626
Fax: 418-625-4663

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentaria...ney(35389)

But it's not a loophole.

It was the RCMP that made the determination about the magazines and published their findings. Now a few years later, they simple are changing their minds.

When the police tell you something is legal, then change their minds and attempt to prosecute you for doing what they told you was legal... that is the definition of entrapment. Just saying.

They are opening themselves up to a few lawsuits with this one. Keep your old copies of the bulletin as reference.

I dont care what issue it is! RCMP do not have any business making laws they are law enforcement! This needs to be Straightened out! Law abiding gun owners are low hanging fruit and law enforcement loves low hanging fruit. Law abiding gun owners are not equal citizens and im sick of how we are treated.

Yeah i have all my old copies of the bulletin. I am so tired of the RCMP on their power trips. I think its time we just dismantle them.

I for one do not want to live in a country where the police can make up laws. Doesn't sounds very free to me. If i were the CPC I would frankly be embarrassed by how much lack of respect the RCMP shows for them. They seem to undermine the government at every turn, it's a complete joke.

Its important that even if you are a gun owner who does not use these magazines that you join the fight to stop the RCMP. Just because this issue may not affect you the RCMP will continue stripping our rights until we have nothing left. If you think they will just stop at this you are kidding yourself. We elect politicians for a reason, not to be run by a police state.

Thank you for this.

The tough part, is trying to get the "views" to turn into action, which can be a bit like herding cats sometimes. Lots of us read these threads and updates, start to think about: "What to do, how to do it and to whom it may concern..." at that point, we've already made excuses why it won't matter, and move on to the next topic.

The trick, is getting the view-counts on these threads, to equal a corresponding number of e-mails and snail mails.

While it can be tough to get guys to "Do something," giving them a specific direction and action, hopefully will give us the results (1000+ messages to Blainey) we are hoping for.
Yes, let's not even get too far ahead of ourselves; send a message to Blainey in the next two minutes, and then we'll discuss what's next after.

Follow the two minute rule: If there is something on your plate that takes less than 2 minutes to accomplish, do it right away!
Here is the contact information.

The Honourable Steven Blaney
Email:steven.blaney@parl.gc.ca

Hill Office
House of Commons
Ottawa, Ontario
Canada
K1A 0A6

Telephone: 613-992-7434
Fax: 613-995-6856

Mail may be sent postage-free to any Member of Parliament.

Constituency Office(s)
115 President Kennedy Road (Main Office)
Suite 101
Lévis, Québec
G6V 6C8
Telephone: 418-830-0500
Fax: 418-830-0504
1516-D Route 277
Lac-Etchemin, Québec
G0R 1S0
Telephone: 418-625-2626
Fax: 418-625-4663

http://www.parl.gc.ca/Parliamentaria...ney(35389)

There, done!! There should be 800+ emails in his inbox by now! Good work guys, eh

Last edited:
You are the last person who should ever speak about the Swiss Arms debacle considering your role in it.

FF

They did the same thing on the Swiss Arms and the CZ 858. They made a determination, published it, then after the fact, changed their minds.

JR

You are the last person who should ever speak about the Swiss Arms debacle considering your role in it.

FF

Not at all. I acknowledged my role, sincerely apologized, worked with government and associations to turn a bad situation into something positive. I put a lot of time and money into it as well.

For this and my other works in the community, the CSSA gave me an honorary life membership. I'm not just a business member, but a contributor to our community.

I have never white washed my role as others have (such as the RCMP FRT folks) . Somethings you cannot take back. We all make mistakes. The mistake should not be what defines the person, but what they do after the mistake to fix it. This is my philosophy and the approach I have taken in life. It is also how I treat others and would hope at sometime, others would treat me.

Please keep this on topic.

JR

Last edited:
Not at all. I acknowledged my role, sincerely apologized, worked with government and associations to turn a bad situation into something positive. I put a lot of time and money into it as well.

I have never white washed my role as others have. Somethings you cannot take back. We all make mistakes. The mistake should not be what defines the person, but what they do after the mistake to fix it. This is my philosophy and the approach I have taken in life. It is also how I treat others and would hope at sometime, others would treat me.

Please keep this on topic.

JR

Wow. I for one forgive you. It takes a big man to own up for mistakes. You have earned my deepest respect with this post.

Back
Top Bottom