Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the RCMP!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer burnaby's Avatar
    Keep up the good work to help and educate the firearm community. Unfortunately as demonstrated in this thread too many firearm owner still don't understand that the RCMP does not make or change laws. The firearm act, being one of if not the worst written piece of law, is so vague that only a new act can fix it.

Here's is a good quote from one of the CGN sponsors.
    "The danger is that the RCMP SFSS do not have to change any laws. They can do this by rewording a magazine related question and then obtaining a different legal opinion. The RCMP SFSS they pass there opinion which is interpreted as law! Yes we have a real mess brewing up."
    Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    Not at all. I acknowledged my role, sincerely apologized, worked with government and associations to turn a bad situation into something positive. I put a lot of time and money into it as well.

I have never white washed my role as others have.

Please keep this on topic.

JR
    Revolvers RULE; remember that next time you BEND over to pick up brass OR ejected brass pings off the precision gear.
    Looking for a car pool buddy for weekly weekday trips from Burnaby to POCO. Better yet I'll drive weekly and you take me hunting.

Quote Originally Posted by Barry F View Post
    Wow. I for one forgive you. It takes a big man to own up for mistakes. You have earned my deepest respect with this post.
    Wow, nice post. You, too, have earned my deepest respect with your post.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not ... Genius will not ... Education will not ...
    Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent."
    Calvin Coolidge

Cheers JR, were all human.
    |CCFR|

BANNED
    It's obvious the initiative by the RCMP in regards to further restricting the use of ar magazines is politically motivated to embarass the CPC and put them "on the spot" before the election.
    If the CPC backs gun owners the CPC willl be pounded by the CBC (another anti gun conspirator) as being in cahoots with the gun lobby.
    If the CPC allows the RCMP to further restrict the use of the subject magazines they will lose support with gun owners.
    A lose lose situation for the CPC.
    Damned if they do and damned if they don't.

The RCMP wants to get their gun ban partners the LPC elected so they can get on with the business of banning our guns.
    The blatant political activism of our national police force has always been alarming to me even if nobody else sees it.

This newest initiative from the RCMP should drive home the fact that as long as the Liberal c68 firearms act remains in force the antis will have all the tools they need to ban every privately owned gun in Canada.

Email sent. This crap needs to stop before we are left with nothing!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by TacticalShot View Post
    Email sent. This crap needs to stop before we are left with nothing!
    That's the disarmament agenda created and driven by the Liberal c68 firearms act in a nut shell.
    The bureaucrats are just following the script that was written by this insidious legislation.
    Insidious means the legislation will gradually kill our sport like a cancerous tumor if not removed.
    A complete repeal of the Liberal c68 firearms act is our only salvation.
    Am I the only one that sees this?

Quote Originally Posted by Gunoholic View Post
    That's the disarmament agenda created and driven by the Liberal c68 firearms act in a nut shell.
    The bureaucrats are just following the script that was written by this insidious legislation.
    Insidious means the legislation will gradually kill our sport like a cancerous tumor that is not removed.
    A complete repeal of the Liberal c68 firearms act is our only salvation.
    Am I the only one that sees this?
    Hopefully this is what we will see in the future. But we have heavy opposition with very motivated, scared and uneducated people against all that is firearm related. I think to repeal C68 we first need to stop the continual errosion of our freedoms by groups like the RCMP and CFOs. If they keep pushing us back into a corner we will never be able to enact change on the Firearms Act.

Quote Originally Posted by TSE JR View Post
    They did the same thing on the Swiss Arms and the CZ 858. They made a determination, published it, then after the fact, changed their minds.

JR
    Well you can't make this statement and then maintain your position when you were the whistle blower.

The SA and 858 debacle occurred because receivers in question were originally manufactured for automatic fire and later altered at the factory to be select fire; because they were completed and then altered even by the manufacture classified particular runs of firearms to be "converted autos". At least that is the information you presented in your public statement when you went to the RCMP lab to point out the "miss" they had on these firearms. Granted that is a completely different debate on who is to blame for what; however you can not compare this current event to the prior in terms of what is "legal" for the RCMP to do.

Prior event, in fact started with a prohibited item that was listed as legal due to human error or neglect, and more human error led to a very poor handling of a mistake. Either way, the items that called to question the entire family of firearms was actually prohib under current regulations.

Today we are discussing something completely different. As it stands we have legal magazines that would remain legal but only become prohibited when placed into a firearm that it was not originally designed for but fits with out issue and just so happens to supply a larger magazine capacity to that caliber/rifle. You must understand that this is completely different bag of apples and just as dangerous to be let go with out ample scrutiny of how this is handled. This time around we have a completely legal item, used under a currently completely legal capacity, being made illegal only because it is being used under a currently LEGAL use of said item.

And there are many exceptions for capacities on semi-automatic rifles due to design or regulations to meet different classes of firearms; eg. M1 Garand with a seven round end block (which likely will not come to question based solely on the design of the firearm).

The reality is at the end of the day, Capacity Laws are pointless. If five rounds really is the magic number of "well if you have more than this you're too dangerous!" Why are there not more crimes committed with an M1 Garand? How about Charlton Rifles? Farquhar-Hill Rifles? Huot Automatic Rifle? Mags for .303 Lewis or Vickers and various Mk's? Bren LMG's? Or how many have paid the extra bit to get themselves an M712 which legally lets you have 20rnds in a pistol? I know I'd love to let some coin go just to get my Han Solo on.

Again back to reality, criminals should not be treated as uneducated or unintelligent. Any half-wit can figure out how to modify a magazine. Furthermore considering that many of the firearms used in criminal activity are illegally sourced to begin with, why are they shopping at the local gun shop for the mags? That is literally like not getting the happy ending with your prostitute; oh sure you'll cross the line and pay for the illegal goods but you'll source the finale at home with the wife?

TLDR;

1. Not the same as Swiss Arms; these mags are legal under current law, used legally currently, and are not being reclassified because of a flub in manufacture or importation or classification of item.
    2. Mag Caps are ridiculous, illegally acquired firearms can easily come with illegally acquired mags
    3. If I can't trust your ass with 30 rounds why should I trust you with 1?
    4. Definitely be heard and voice your concerns to your MP and Minister Blaney; just because we're a minority doesn't mean we should not be heard.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    RageStation; I understand your points.

However, right now we are dealing with the magazine issue and getting the word out as far as possible.

JR
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

BANNED
    Originally Posted by TSE JR
    They did the same thing on the Swiss Arms and the CZ 858. They made a determination, published it, then after the fact, changed their minds.
    Quote Originally Posted by RageStation View Post
    Well you can't make this statement and then maintain your position when you were the whistle blower.
    The man admitted that he fk'd up and apologized so lets move on and deal with the real culprit which enables the RCMP and CFOs to do the things they do in a unilateral, autocratic manner.
    Continuing with the blame game will not help our situation.
    The real culprit we have to eliminate is the Liberal c68 firearms act.