Page 7 of 34 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151727 ... LastLast

Thread: Stop the RCMP!

E-mails sent, now I sit and wait for the canned responses!

BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    show them we will not be taking it laying down this time

Yawn, what was the score in last nights hockey game?

Quote Originally Posted by Familygunnutz View Post
    I posted this in wolverine forum so I just gonna paste it here.
    "We need show the RCMP that we see through their BS plot like a 50cal bullet through plywood.
    they want to pit us against the con, we should organize a enough is enough donation campaign for the con, show them we will not be taking it laying down this time, and their bs plot won't work.
    wolverine would you take the lead and make a donation site? many of us will donate right away.

we should make it that all donations will go the conservetive party of Canada, ONLY if the RCMP is restrained from making laws as they please."

something similar to the recent ruling that the RCMP cannot reclassify firearms after 1 year.
    I would participate. My membership in the NFA doesn't seem to be producing any results.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff_C View Post
    Its important that even if you are a gun owner who does not use these magazines that you join the fight to stop the RCMP. Just because this issue may not affect you the RCMP will continue stripping our rights until we have nothing left. If you think they will just stop at this you are kidding yourself. We elect politicians for a reason, not to be run by a police state.
    "rights" that's a good one.
    I didn't invent the turtle neck, but I was the first to recognize it's potential as a tactical garment... Tactical turtle neck. Tactlneck.

First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.

email sent. I filched your letter and added "It is far past time that the RCMP be denied the ability to make changes to the firearms act. Laws should be made by the government not the police. "

Would love to see a crime stat regarding firearms from registered (Firearms Licensed) owners in Canada for the last 10 years and then those without licenses... would be very interesting to see the evil firearms lobby then...
    I'm a displaced redneck, stuck in a city.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar

canned letter

Name
    address
    email

Fax letter
    1-613-995-6856

Minister of Public Safety
    Hill Office
    House of Commons
    Ottawa, Ontario
    Canada
    K1A 0A6

Reference: More potential RCMP firearm shenanigans

The Honourable Steven Blaney,

I write to you today to express concern over a news article that has surfaced in regards to the RCMP once again making an arbitrary determination that will affect thousands of law abiding citizens.

In summary; it appears as though the RCMP are in the process of changing their previously published position in regards to magazines and their uses in various firearms. For reference, please see RCMP Bulletin 72.

http://www.rcmp-grc.gc.ca/cfp-pcaf/b...323-72-eng.htm

This move has far reaching consequences and must be stopped by your office.

To be blunt, this is exactly the abuse that the firearms community is fed up being subjected to. It is also wrong for any unelected official to have such arbitrary power over Canadians.

It is my sincere hope that you, as the Public Safety Minister will be able to achieve success in stopping this matter as you have in regards to the creation of Bill C-42.

Sincerely,

A proud Canadian
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Dropped off a letter in the mail slot at work…………again.

I should have kept copies on hand after the last time this happened.

Well this time he cannot say he had no knowledge(cough cough). He has plenty of time to head this off should he and the CPC want to.
    "A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    - Sigmund Freud

"They can ban my ass but I'll still have it" Rapier46

Emails sent... This crap brings me down..

I have sent this message:
    The Honourable Steven Blaney,

I think we can all agree that holders of Canadian firearms licenses are among the most trusted citizens in our society. The RCMP themselves have made the determination that these people are trustworthy enough to own firearms, and act responsibly with this privilege. As licensed firearms owners, we have proven the RCMP correct in this determination.

The rules set forth, and continually changed by the RCMP only affect us, the above mentioned responsible citizens. Those in our society who wish to cause harm with a firearm are not licensed, nor will they follow the rules set forth by the RCMP. For example, any further restrictions placed on magazine size will only act to inconvenience law abiding licensed sport shooters. Criminals that manage to get their hands on firearms are easily able to circumvent these magazine size restrictions by buying unrestricted magazines, or by illegally modifying previously size restricted magazines.

Further restrictions on magazine size will not affect these criminals, only law abiding citizens. This leads me to two questions: first, why does the RCMP continually act to inconvenience those that they have determined to be the most upstanding and trusted citizens in society? Shouldn't these people have less restrictions put on them, not more?

Second, it has been proven in the US by statistics and various studies during, and after the 'Assault Weapons Ban' that magazine size restrictions made absolutely no difference to the prevalence of gun crime, so why does the RCMP seem to think it will make a difference here?

I have always turned to the conservative government for logic regarding issues such as these, and yet the RCMP seems to be acting in this manner under your watch. Before the next election, please prove to myself and the rest of your constituents that you can govern using logic and not emotion.