Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Buttler Creek 10-22 mag sale.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by pc9 View Post
    Why did these go up in price?
    They were 21.95 2 days ago

I also saw the $21.95....good for those that took advantage, still at $23.95 it's a bargain considering I see prices like $39.99 for one steel lips smoke 25 rnd.

Which is ridiculous considering what good AR magazines cost and the moderate quality of these ones. These things wear out somewhere after 1000-2000 rounds have been run through them. That's why I'm in here, I've down to two working mags with 2 worn out ones. They work great for the first while until the steel gets worn down on the front of the lips. Then the rounds start either coming out standing up and jamming into the top of the chamber, or refusing to come out at all. Having the bolt slam into the round only for it to refuse to budge seems like a recipe for trouble too. Great mags, but don't expect them to last forever.

Pro tip: Buy the clear ones, then paint them. I tape up the top around the square part and put a strip of tape down the back to make a window to see the round count. I use Krylon, it seems to stand up to abuse well. They look way better than the smoke ones.
    Name:  2015-06-07 12.54.38.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  60.5 KB

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Craig0ry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Josh6499 View Post
    Which is ridiculous considering what good AR magazines cost and the moderate quality of these ones. These things wear out somewhere after 1000-2000 rounds have been run through them. That's why I'm in here, I've down to two working mags with 2 worn out ones. They work great for the first while until the steel gets worn down on the front of the lips. Then the rounds start either coming out standing up and jamming into the top of the chamber, or refusing to come out at all. Having the bolt slam into the round only for it to refuse to budge seems like a recipe for trouble too. Great mags, but don't expect them to last forever.

Pro tip: Buy the clear ones, then paint them. I tape up the top around the square part and put a strip of tape down the back to make a window to see the round count. I use Krylon, it seems to stand up to abuse well. They look way better than the smoke ones.
    Name:  2015-06-07 12.54.38.jpg
Views: 89
Size:  60.5 KB

I've had some Butler creeks that must have seen 8000 rounds with very little issues, had to file one little spot of each of them that was catching the rounds, But I've never had one become faulty after 1000-2000 rounds, I've put bricks upon bricks through them and they are still holding up just fine.
    I am COMPLETELY out of ammo. That's never happened to me before. - Burt Gummer

I must just be unlucky or they might need some kind of repair or cleaning. I may be low on that round count too, I haven't been keeping track, it's just a guess. I still recommend them, they're the only reliable 25 rounders we can get. I suppose there's the Tactical Solutions ones you can find sometimes too, but those are way too expensive.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12