Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: XMetal Targets Canadian made premium Steel Targets + CGN Exclusive Special offer

Expired Business Member

XMetal Targets Canadian made premium Steel Targets + CGN Exclusive Special offer

Hi Fellow CGNers,

Over the last few months we've been hard at work ironing out every little detail for our launch. We are now ready to show what we've been up to.

What we wanted to do was to create a line of premium quality steel targets that would not only offer to the users the benefits of AR steel (toughness, reactivity, feedback, etc.) but also improve on usability. We all know that time taken to setup courses at the range is time lost shooting lead down said range. So we decided to create our target systems with maneuvrability and ease of use in mind.

From our Head Mounted Support System (HMSS Patent Pending) that lets you install the main target in a matter of seconds and provides you with a target that is at a 20 degree downward angle to direct the splatters to the ground and a smooth surface with no exposed bolts to prevent splatters from being redirected toward the shooter. To our Universal Target Locking System (UTLS Patent Pending) that lets you easily install reactive elements (6'' or 8'' AR500 reactive paddles) to the support itself hidden behind the impact plate and protected from direct hits instead of brackets being welded to the AR500 plates that would damage and soften the steel. To finally the support itself being a Foldable Target System (FTS Patent pending) to ease transport to and from the range and that can be setup in less than a minute.

All three of these system can be seen in action in the video below our "FTS Hostage + IPSC full size + 1 combo" going from the pickup bed to fully installed in a minute flat. That is what we wanted to create with the XMetal Targets Experience. Fun, tough and easy to use targets.

As a special for CGNers, We would like to offer an exclusive 10% discount to CGN users for the weekend ahead. So from today June 4th to June 8th simply input the code CGN10 at checkout to receive your 10% discount on your cart.
    Name:  CGNUT Promo CGN10 June 4-8.jpg
Views: 1843
Size:  70.1 KB

We've got a lot more coming in the next few weeks so look out for more from XMetal Targets.
    For more information on our different targets visit our online store at www.xmetaltargets.com and we hope to meet you at different events throughout the summer.

Cheers

Expired Business Member
    As some of you requested here is the information regarding the thickness of our targets.
    All our Centerfire line of targets are made out of premium quality 3/8'' thick AR500 armor steel
    All our Rimfire targets are made out of premium quality 1/4'' thick AR400 steel.
    For more information please visit our FAQ section on the website

Cool

I must say thats one heck of an impressive website & selection!!!!

CGN Regular
    What's the big difference between the armored and non-armored stands? I couldn't see any obvious difference in the pictures. Different metal? Thanks

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Max Owner's Avatar
    Displaced From South Western Ontario, To GP, Alberta. And back again...... And again.
    Shipping would be pricey but worth it in the end.

To me, at least........
    Shooter and Collector (kinda)

Never Forget Best Friends.

Aug 30, 2008.
    Dec 29, 2008.

Expired Business Member
    The main difference between the armored and standard version is that the main post on the armored version is also made of the same AR500 steel and is able to withstand direct accidental impact from rifles up to .308 at up to 3000 fps. The standard version is also very tough and will withstand any pistol round up to .44 magnum or .45 ACP. It really depends on what you intend to use to shoot on the targets. We recommend : Handguns only --> Standard, Rifles and Handguns -->Armored

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CST Grad C.Nixon View Post
    I must say thats one heck of an impressive website & selection!!!!
    Thank you! We've work hard and we are proud of what we have to offer.

Can we see some videos showing the reactive targets in action?
    Member of the CPC, CSSA, CCFR, OFAH and NRA
    "The disarming of citizens has been a tragic and bloody failure. Violent crime has increased everywhere it's been tried as it serves only to embolden the still-armed criminal. NOT IN MY CANADA!"

Expired Business Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkson View Post
    Can we see some videos showing the reactive targets in action?
    We will release more videos in the coming weeks. We have a big day at the range next week where we will try to get as much footage as possible. We will try hard to do the video editing as fast as possible and bring it to CGN.

CGN Regular
    Nice stuff!
    "All things I thought I knew, but now confess; the more I know I know, I know the less" - John Owen

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast