Thread: Olympic Bound Shooter...Needs Help!

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar

Olympic Bound Shooter...Needs Help!

An important request to Canadian Gunnutz members!

Audrey just launched her #makeachamp campaign! Check it out, contribute, and spread the word! http://makeachamp.com/audreyvaillancourt

Meet Audrey Vaillancount, a Biathlon Canada National Team member and a dam good shot!
    She is one of a handful of Canadian high performance athletes on the world stage representing Canada and the shooting sports.

We help her with equipment as well as some cash but for this year she is seeking additional help, so I thought it best to post it up here on CGN.

Lets show her what we can do!

She has set up a donation page where you can easily make a contribution at
    https://makeachamp.com/audreyvaillancourt
    A great video introduction is there as well! Have a look...

Name:  DSC_0123a.jpg
Views: 897
Size:  51.4 KB

Join in on my Olympic journey!

My name is Audrey Vaillancourt and I am a member of the Canadian Biathlon National Team. Born in Quebec City, I started cross-country skiing at the age of six. A few years later, following the tracks of my two older brothers, François and Maxime, I tried biathlon and immediately fell in love with the sport. At 12 years old, I discovered how challenging it was to aim at a target – no bigger than an orange! – with your hearth still racing from skiing as fast as you can. To me, this combination is what makes it such an amazing sport.

That’s right – biathlon is my PASSION. Now let me introduce you to my DREAM…

My first season on the Senior National Team was three years ago. I spent the entire winter in Europe, racing on the IBU Cup and World Cup against the best biathletes in the world. The experience was exciting, yet terrifying: very high level of competition, crowds of 30 000 people, races shown on TV… I gained a lot of experience that year, which allowed me to show up on the start line with a little more confidence the following winter. It was, however, already an Olympic year! Of course I wanted to qualify for the Sochi Olympics, but I was also aware of how early that was in my career. In the end, I qualified as the spare woman (so close!), but my disappointment did not stop me from obtaining my career-best result that same winter: gold at European Championships in Nove Mesto, Czech Republic. Winning my first international title gave me the motivation I needed to keep going and reminded me that the journey to the 2018 Olympics was definitely worth it!

But pursuing my dream comes with a price.

Whether you are on the National Team or not, elite sport incurs very high expenses: traveling costs (training camps and races), equipment, race fees, etc. On top of all these (and of day-to-day expenses), I need to pay 6500$ in team fees every year to be on the National Team. If I can’t pay for my place on the team, then I can’t race on the World Cup, which leaves me no opportunity to make Olympic criteria. And there goes the dream…

That’s where you come in!

I created this campaign hoping to cover my 6500$ team fee for this year, so I can keep my eyes on the goals – not on my bank account! Whether you wish to join in on my Olympic journey, would love to have a signed bib, or want to come out for a shooting session with me, there is a reward to suit everyone. Just know that whatever your contribution is – could be sharing the campaign! – I will greatly appreciate it.

THANK YOU for your support!

Follow me on facebook, twitter and on my website www.audreyvaillancourt.com
    Last edited by Nordic Marksman; 06-05-2015 at 12:02 PM.

You are missing a : in one of your links
    (needs a ":" after https)

Should go to:
    https://makeachamp.com/audreyvaillancourt

Best of luck on achieving your dream! I will be watching for you in 2018

Business Member Nordic Marksman's Avatar
    Thanks for pointing that out. Fixed.

She is a top contender, I'm pretty sure we will see her there.

chipped in $100...