Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: SAM Military 1911A1!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by cigar_man View Post
    All Steel, but a few Colt's in the past had plastic trigger pads, and a plastic mainspring housings.

Don't worry, lots of manufacturers use plastic parts and I never had a problem with any parts that I had.
    Thanks. I may want to swap out with steel some day but that's more aesthetics to be honest.

Edit again: I was probably mistaken.
    Last edited by Bittereinder; 06-10-2015 at 09:00 PM.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer wayupnorth's Avatar
    i had the lads from Wolverine replace the front site on my polished stainless with some FO.
    LOVE IT!

in fact i have a date with this gun at the range tomorrow to end my work week with some 'getting my gun off' fun!

cant get enough of this SAM.

and the new FO front

Things either are what they appear to be;
    or they neither are, nor appear to be;
    or they are, and do not appear to be;
    or they are not, and yet appear to be.

I have been eye balling one of these for a while. Is there a comparison chart or matrix somewhere that would help me pick out which model to get? My wish list is 5 inch barrel, and extended mag release and possibly mag well. Is there a model that has all,of these or do I need to customize it myself?

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by aogun View Post
    I have been eye balling one of these for a while. Is there a comparison chart or matrix somewhere that would help me pick out which model to get? My wish list is 5 inch barrel, and extended mag release and possibly mag well. Is there a model that has all,of these or do I need to customize it myself?
    None of the pistols have the extended mag release. The thunderbolt has the magwell and the 5 inch barrel.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

Start off with the base model and build up from there.
    Honestly I have had mine for 2 years or so? First run I believe, still works great,
    By that I mean double digit seiral number. And I love it, eats anything. Very accurate and reliable.
    Would gladly buy another.
    https://ericaswimmingdream.tilt.com/year1
    Hey CGNers. Here is your chance to crowed fund a future Olympic hopeful and current gun nut!! thanks for your help everyone

Business Member Grumpy Wolverine's Avatar
    They are very good and reliable pistols. I'm looking at adding one into my safe this summer as well (cause the good Lord knows I don't have enough 1911's now). I just don't know which one I'm going with.
    If you have any questions please call or e-mail:

Phone: (204) 748-2454
    E-mail: sales@wolverinesupplies.com Retail Sales

CGN Regular
    Are you sure the grip safety is plastic

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    Are you sure the grip safety is plastic
    I think you're asking me. At first I thought so, but am now editing my earlier post which was probably quite wrong.

I think I was just confused by the feel of the finish on the grip safety. Taking another look, I think I was probably wrong about the other parts as well. In fact, there's a bit of wear where the hammer touches the top of the beavertail, and I can see a bit of shiny metal underneath.

Apologies to Mr. Wolverine and others for my misunderstanding.
    Last edited by Bittereinder; 06-10-2015 at 08:57 PM.
    If God didn't want holsters to be leather, he wouldn't have made so many damn cows.

Good morning David

Please confirm if SAM have used any plastic parts in any of the gums that they have supplied to us?

Thanks John

Hi John:

None of the models you are buying or have bought in the past utilize any plastic parts with the exception of the two SAS12 shogun samples you bought, but none of the 1911’s have plastic parts. Why do you ask?

David Leonard
    N. America Authorized Agent
    Shooters Arms Manufacturing, Inc.
    Mandaue City, Philippines.
    P +63-925-850-0278

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wolverine View Post
    Good morning David

Please confirm if SAM have used any plastic parts in any of the gums that they have supplied to us?

Thanks John

Hi John:

None of the models you are buying or have bought in the past utilize any plastic parts with the exception of the two SAS12 shogun samples you bought, but none of the 1911’s have plastic parts. Why do you ask?

David Leonard
    N. America Authorized Agent
    Shooters Arms Manufacturing, Inc.
    Mandaue City, Philippines.
    P +63-925-850-0278
    Thanks very much. You can tell him it was a customer buying his first semi-auto handgun who let himself get confused! Turns out the only thing I was slightly unhappy about was wrong, so I've gone from being quite happy to thrilled about my SAM 1911!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast