Page 3 of 36 FirstFirst 12345678910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: M10x possible?

It'd be nice if this gun made it here, the CZ958 is still in the RCMP lab though is it not? Maybe we'll get lucky and both guns will get pushed through.

Quote Originally Posted by 3six7 View Post
    It'd be nice if this gun made it here, the CZ958 is still in the RCMP lab though is it not? Maybe we'll get lucky and both guns will get pushed through.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lee View Post
    Well, I can't argue about how they do things in Canada, being from Colorado myself. I can only emphasize that the manufacturer is NOT referencing this rifle as an "AK Hybrid," regardless of how Google titles their headings. "Hybrid" was applied to a different rifle entirely, and even that was a stretch, because the previous rifle was an AKM variant.

The truth is, if this kind of ban is done based on looks then we might as well make our guess as to what the folks who make these decisions will do based on their hairstyles or the cut of their clothes. But if they are classifying rifles based on features, I still say this rifle has a good chance, because it isn't really very similar to the AK once you take a look at the design. To be honest, I hope you folks get a chance to work one of these out. Down here in the USA, there are too many options to choose from. Up there, where you don't get so many options, a GOOD rifle option would be very nice thing.

I was shocked to read where someone said they take up to 18 months to evaluate new entries. That's stunning to me. I had no idea. Down here, a company would go to court to force a decision if there wasn't an answer in 6 months! But, it's a different place, so I guess we have to roll with it if that's how they do things there.

I can tell you the engineer who designed this rifle DOES think it will get approved.

Let's hope.

And, by the way, you won't be needing that flaming retard suit--Oh, excuse me, I mean, the "flame retardant" suit
    (OK, yeah, just kidding. I couldn't pass that one by, but I hope I didn't give the impression I was flaming you with the previous answer. I just know the company's adverts inside-out, and I know how hard they have worked to educate people that this isn't an AK rifle. (Full disclosure: There were so many comments about AK at the SHOT show in Las Vegas last year, because EVERYONE was doing AK-Hybrid stuff, they quit arguing with the customers about it, and just let it roll, so there is some footage of employees talking that way out there--not much, but some. They should have been saying "Evolution of the M10" not "Evolution of the AK." We've been fighting that image ever since.)
    Lol the suit is necessary around here sometimes if you have a differing opinion from others. Thank that engineer for us! I hope he's right. Firearms laws in Canada are a whole different cloudy, contradictory ball of wax compared to yours. The Fiasco's that occur here would cause nothing short of upheavel & mass litigation in the US. See cz858/swiss arms, great read BTW if your looking to bruise your forehead & smash your keyboard. Just so I'm clear has m+m attempted a submittal for classification in Canada? If this did get a frt# m+m could not build the m10x fast enough to satisfy, & @ a great profit considering similar offerings in the market sell from around $1000-2500+. I believe the number of cz858/swiss arms owners number in excess of 10,000 here. Let alone the rest of the vz family of rifles. Canada is a great market if you can get through all the red tape.
    Last edited by Akronym; 10-28-2015 at 08:14 PM.
    "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance" -Hunter S. Thompson

To be entirely honest, I'm not really in the loop on things like when they submit for approvals, etc. I'm just a contracted tech-writer, not even a regular company employee. What I know is what I hear in side comments when I meet with the marketing people and the company CEO, talking about the stuff I'm contracted for (writing the owner's manual, patent applications, generating advertising copy, occasionally writing company procedurals, that sort of thing.) I can tell you they fully expect to be approved in Canada, based on the function of the rifle. My understanding is that other rifles that this one resembles more than the AK have been approved. But have they already submitted forms, and sent a rifle up there? I don't know. It IS high on their priority list. They see Canada as a very viable market.

The current rifle, which is fully machined (milled) retails here for around $1550 (the M10X Elite) though I don't know if there are tariffs that would affect pricing. The next model (M10X Standard, which uses some cast parts instead of milled parts) will be around $1000, retail. So, yeah, that might be a good reason they see Canada as a great market. Along with the fact that the greater precision accuracy of this rifle makes it more useful for things like animal control (I'm guessing that's a bigger factor up there than it is down here) as well as other shooting sports. I can tell you this, I've never really been burning down to own an AK, but this rifle is simpler, retains the reliability, and shoots literally around 400% tighter groups than the average AK. This rile is the semi-automatic sporter that will let you win bets against the AR shooters all day long. I'm a bolt-action guy, so you can guess that I'm about precision more than mass firepower, but I want one of these. I'm just waiting until they have enough spare parts around to build one on the cheap (cuz I'm also a cheap bastard, if the truth be known)

You guys should have put in a "right to bear arms" like we did, way back when...

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lee View Post
    To be entirely honest, I'm not really in the loop on things like when they submit for approvals, etc. I'm just a contracted tech-writer, not even a regular company employee. What I know is what I hear in side comments when I meet with the marketing people and the company CEO, talking about the stuff I'm contracted for (writing the owner's manual, patent applications, generating advertising copy, occasionally writing company procedurals, that sort of thing.) I can tell you they fully expect to be approved in Canada, based on the function of the rifle. My understanding is that other rifles that this one resembles more than the AK have been approved. But have they already submitted forms, and sent a rifle up there? I don't know. It IS high on their priority list. They see Canada as a very viable market.

The current rifle, which is fully machined (milled) retails here for around $1550 (the M10X Elite) though I don't know if there are tariffs that would affect pricing. The next model (M10X Standard, which uses some cast parts instead of milled parts) will be around $1000, retail. So, yeah, that might be a good reason they see Canada as a great market. Along with the fact that the greater precision accuracy of this rifle makes it more useful for things like animal control (I'm guessing that's a bigger factor up there than it is down here) as well as other shooting sports. I can tell you this, I've never really been burning down to own an AK, but this rifle is simpler, retains the reliability, and shoots literally around 400% tighter groups than the average AK. This rile is the semi-automatic sporter that will let you win bets against the AR shooters all day long. I'm a bolt-action guy, so you can guess that I'm about precision more than mass firepower, but I want one of these. I'm just waiting until they have enough spare parts around to build one on the cheap (cuz I'm also a cheap bastard, if the truth be known)

You guys should have put in a "right to bear arms" like we did, way back when...
    Would you be able to tell us what parts are interchangeable with the AK?from what I read it was the trigger group,mags and mag release...if the trigger group has ZERO compatibility with AK auto sears and the revivers is not easily modified for automatic,that would be one more reason they CANT ban it....but again,the RCMP dong seem to use any logic when it comes to classification up here...
    It's not that I'm new to this....I'm just an idiot...

Once Proud member of the NFA.now disgruntled and disillusioned and confused.

Wow those guns are cool. id love to have a beautiful rifle like that.
    -SideBurnz-

Great looking rifle, and I'd love to see it for sale up here, but sadly, technical aspects of a firearm seem to be near the bottom of the list in deciding factors as to whether or not something is deemed prohib or a variant of a named prohib.

Further up the list are more important factors such as:
    "Does it have the should thing that goes up?"
    "What shade of black would you call this? I think it is the prohibited shade"
    "Does Dave look badass carrying this?"
    "Does it weigh more than a duck?"

You guys are striking out on all the important points!

Quote Originally Posted by MJS View Post
    Would you be able to tell us what parts are interchangeable with the AK?from what I read it was the trigger group,mags and mag release...if the trigger group has ZERO compatibility with AK auto sears and the revivers is not easily modified for automatic,that would be one more reason they CANT ban it....but again,the RCMP dong seem to use any logic when it comes to classification up here...
    Your list is correct, those are the compatible parts.
    As to automatic conversion, I confess, I don't know what is required for such a conversion, or if it is possible, much less "easily" accomplished. But I do know that the Ruger 10/22 can be converted (at least the old ones; Ruger may have made some change like Colt did many years ago to prevent that with receiver blocks.) Anyway, the 10/22 is still legal there, yes? I don't keep up, but I saw a couple examples there on a fishing trip, years ago...

Quote Originally Posted by DarkSyd View Post
    Great looking rifle, and I'd love to see it for sale up here, but sadly, technical aspects of a firearm seem to be near the bottom of the list in deciding factors as to whether or not something is deemed prohib or a variant of a named prohib.

Further up the list are more important factors such as:
    "Does it have the should thing that goes up?"
    "What shade of black would you call this? I think it is the prohibited shade"
    "Does Dave look badass carrying this?"
    "Does it weigh more than a duck?"

You guys are striking out on all the important points!

This is just personal opinion, but I think Dave looks like a pussy no matter what he is carrying... but then, I'm American
    As to the shade of black, we considered sending a rifle with a camo treatment. But then somebody pointed out they might lose it, and that would delay the decision.
    If you think it would help, I can ask the engineers to design a heavier duck...

F@¢k me! Why didn't we think of that before... A heavier duck! That'd be a sidewinder they wouldn't see coming. Lol
    "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance" -Hunter S. Thompson

Nice rifle! XCR would have serious competition that's for sure, specially for the price.

Looking forward to see them in a year or so. Will be a good seller.

Keep us in touch :-D
    Gun control means using both hands