Page 19 of 36 FirstFirst ... 9111213141516171819202122232425262729 ... LastLast

Thread: M10x possible?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by G.Mitchell View Post
    Sadly it often is exactly how it works...

There are many examples of guns that are mechanically different than a given restricted/prohibited firearm but are classified as restricted/prohibited soley on their visual appearance.
    No it isn't. A lack of understanding of how things works leads people to watering it down to that in explanation.

Politicians banned guns by looks. Nothing more is added to the pic list other than those.

Mechanical variants are banned by function or lineage as variants of guns on the list.

The m10x doesn't have that problem.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Quote Originally Posted by fenceline View Post
    No it isn't. A lack of understanding of how things works leads people to watering it down to that in explanation.

Politicians banned guns by looks. Nothing more is added to the pic list other than those.

Mechanical variants are banned by function or lineage as variants of guns on the list.

The m10x doesn't have that problem.
    If that is the case, can you explain the real reason the blaze 47 was banned. Exact same gun as the blaze with AK looks. I do have a lack of understanding if it was not banned because of the "appearance"
    Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer fenceline's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdpush View Post
    If that is the case, can you explain the real reason the blaze 47 was banned. Exact same gun as the blaze with AK looks. I do have a lack of understanding if it was not banned because of the "appearance"
    Mitchell Arms AK22 variant. That's what they lean on to ban it. It's named on the list. I believe that to be a stretch but the Mitchell arms is a 22lr gun, named in the oic by politicians as prohibited along with any variant of it.
    CQB, 3 Gun, ISSAC and Service Rifle Shooter.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ - 1* - SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM - HAN SHOT FIRST - YOUR FREEDOM IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY

Canada Ammo - CGN Sponsor CanAm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pdpush View Post
    Simply, it was designed to mimic the AK47 from day one, thus the lab classes it as a variant. This goes for the GSG anything else that starts life intended to mimic a prohib.

Man I want one of these rifles........
    Click, Bang.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Kingjenky's Avatar
    Ooooohhhhhh there's been a few new frts issued this past month!!!! The m10x is next I can feel it!!!!!
    Just my opinion of course......
    We are all so politically correct!!!! its gonna ruin us all......

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Steiner's Avatar
    Yep, the M10x if NR would solve all my x39 rifle needs!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Davy Crockett's Avatar
    Looks good. I won't early adopt but if the the reviews are good and the price came down by a couple hundred I would definitely be a buyer.
    My posts are the intellectual property of the person commenting under the pseudonym "Davy Crockett". Use on this board in whole, or in part, is given free license for use by any member of this board. Any use outside this forum, in whole or in part, requires my express written consent.

CGN Regular
    The the reviews ARE good...from what I've seen

Im not holding my breath for the RCMP, just because the EVO/MPX made it through it still does not give me any confidence that the lab has streamlined or expedited their operations. Those two guns had been with them for a while from what I read here on CGN.

I will absolutely buy a M10x when they become available, if they had any issues whatsoever our American counterparts will have run into it & hopefully it would be corrected by the time we see ours in our greasy paws.

With all that being said, as of late the.... Free market, has been able to hopefully force a little more competition into the firearms marketplace with a potential positive outcome for consumers. Include that with what some others have pointed out that there are similar options to be had albeit at lesser quality may incentivize the manufacturer to be a little more gentle with their wholesale price to Can-Am which will allow for a price more palatable to some. I personally see the M10 in the Canadian market at the top end of what you can get in a x39 rifle. A dressed up cz858 if still available would cost 16-1700, same with a CSA, maybe a little more. Valmet? 3k+. If your one of the people holding their breath for a type81, probably around that same 1500-2k range. So I think at a price of 19-2100 its reasonable to say the a guy could still turn a good profit especially if sold in volume.

We just need to be patient, let things take their course & hope we see an uptick in our dollar. Save your pennies & hope for the best. Thanks Can am for making this one possible... Possibly.
    "A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance" -Hunter S. Thompson