Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: SKS Mag Adaptors ... Authorized version $139.95!!

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar

Any chances of a SKS combo purchase with a Kwikrail, magazine adapter and some mag wedges for xcr mags?
    CSSA member.
    CCFR member.
    "Si vis pacem, para bellum. "

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kwjkwjkwj View Post
    Any chances of a SKS combo purchase with a Kwikrail, magazine adapter and some mag wedges for xcr mags?
    No combo at this time.

I believe that the introductory price on the adaptors is a pretty fair deal in and of itself.

That being said, putting a mag adaptor and a KwikRail on a rifle seems like a natural choice.

We have tried our best but once again have been unable to complete production by our ETA.

Units have been successfully tested and 80% of the production is complete.

When my machinist returns from Europe we will have these available hopefully sometime in September.

Looking forward to it!!

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    We are making the G9 version which takes the 10 round XCR pistol mag .... later we will make the other types available (which use Tapco mags).
    That was actually my Q...

So by that do you mean the Marcus G5 style (i guess also called the "Duckbill Eliminator") for use with trimmed Tapco magazines?

When (if any idea) would you market those?... and any price idea?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Phil View Post
    That was actually my Q...

So by that do you mean the Marcus G5 style (i guess also called the "Duckbill Eliminator") for use with trimmed Tapco magazines?

When (if any idea) would you market those?... and any price idea?

Thanks.
    We will market as soon as we are able, but need to clear all current projects out of the hopper first.

No price set at this time, but we will continue to try to bring in a quality product at a reasonable price.

Note that our version of the G9 has saved consumers more than $100 on a purchase of one of these adaptors ... while prices have fallen elsewhere they still remain substantially more expensive.

Thanks for the response!

I figured that since your Cdn. $ on the first item is well below the US price that a G5 product would also be under the current G5 US price which I think is currently $150?

I still think there is a market for something OTHER than an AR Mag arrangement...

Examples...
    - Not everyone wants to do (or is capable of) any machining to their receivers...
    - They may be using a pricey aftermarket stock that they dont want to have to modify...
    - Maybe have already acquired several Tapco or other suitable mags.

The spring loaded "G5" fits the bill for that and provides for an easy left handed mag release directly to the front of the magazine.

I hope you bring that one to Canada as well.

EDIT: Because my post probably confused the hell out of some here is the "G5" which was developed PRIOR to the AR Magwell..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1bKcr6zuIIM
    Last edited by Canada_Phil; 08-25-2015 at 06:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Canada_Phil View Post
    Thanks for the response!

I figured that since your Cdn. $ on the first item is well below the US price that a G5 product would also be under the current G5 US price which I think is currently $150?

I still think there is a market for something OTHER than an AR Mag arrangement...

Examples...
    - Not everyone wants to do (or is capable of) any machining to their receivers...
    - They may be using a pricey aftermarket stock that they dont want to have to modify...
    - Maybe have already acquired several Tapco or other suitable mags.

The spring loaded "G5" fits the bill for that and provides for an easy left handed mag release directly to the front of the magazine.

I hope you bring that one to Canada as well.

EDIT: Because my post probably confused the hell out of some here is the "G5" which was developed PRIOR to the AR Magwell..

https://youtube.com/watch?v=1bKcr6zuIIM
    I liked the idea of the G3 better than the G9 when I first saw the two designs. It is less complicated to install and there is a plentiful supply of reliable magazines actually designed for the rifle.

Also, it will be less expensive than the G9.

I would really like the price of the G3 to be under $100 Canadian if I can manage it, but that will depend on my costs and projected sales. Comparing costs of other products is not likely to be accurate as the assumptions will be quite different for each.

I think the G5 was designed for a bullpup stock, and the G3 is the version we will make.
    Last edited by MagWedge Industries; 08-27-2015 at 12:29 PM.

I don't understand the purpose of the G3 at all. For starters, duckbill mags aren't really that cumbersome when you get used to them, I've been doing it for years. I bet it's super easy with an extended mag release. Plus you're still using mags limited to 5 rounds, and moreover you have to modify them. I'm not super on the up and up with our wonky gun laws, but are you sure that chopping bits off them won't make them prohib? Anyway, using AR mags gives the SKS its 10 round capability back. That's pretty much a no brainer, why would anyone go through hassle and expense just to keep putting 5 rounds at a time down range?