Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: SKS Mag Adaptors ... Authorized version $139.95!!

I would probably pick up another SKS if the mod/install was already done. Otherwise I likely will not bother. Great product though, great for the community! Thanks for thinkin of us all the way down there in Texas!

Cheers.
    |CCFR|

Kind of wish I didn't buy that drum and all those mags, haven't even used the drum yet......CRAP!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    These will be made in Canada, so no ...

If you have seen our other products, you will notice that we like our markings as discrete as possible. Not everyone wants their rifle to be a giant billboard with huge printing on it.

Just sayin' ...
    nice to hear we agree on 2 things in the same day !!! awesome LOL
    I'm gonna go buy another sks now thanx to you....... dammit

Marcus and Magwedge;
    Your proposed price sounds really appealing if we are comparing apples to apples - that is yours and hical's adapter being one and same. At least substantially the same as far as the most important features are concerned.

Specifically please confirm that your adapter:
    1. Will work with unmodified mags as if would be illegal in Canada to modify them in any way.
    2. Your adapter keeps the bolt open upon firing the last round
    3. Your adapter can be used with clips
    4. Comment on hical's statement (true / false / fixed) re: your adapter has an issue with mag catch binding which hical addressed by designing catch arm with a "different geometryso it can't bind"
    5. Mag release button can be pushed too far "
    allowing the mag catch to fall out of position, this is a problem with the USA design" - again, true / false / fixed?
    6. Installation prices / guides?

Hical's list contains other differences that I don't think are very important, but I would appreciate if you could shed some light on the above.
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by edojan View Post
    Marcus and Magwedge;
    Your proposed price sounds really appealing if we are comparing apples to apples - that is yours and hical's adapter being one and same. At least substantially the same as far as the most important features are concerned.

Specifically please confirm that your adapter:
    1. Will work with unmodified mags as if would be illegal in Canada to modify them in any way.
    2. Your adapter keeps the bolt open upon firing the last round
    3. Your adapter can be used with clips
    4. Comment on hical's statement (true / false / fixed) re: your adapter has an issue with mag catch binding which hical addressed by designing catch arm with a "different geometryso it can't bind"
    5. Mag release button can be pushed too far "
    allowing the mag catch to fall out of position, this is a problem with the USA design" - again, true / false / fixed?
    6. Installation prices / guides?

Hical's list contains other differences that I don't think are very important, but I would appreciate if you could shed some light on the above.
    This makes me chuckle a bit ... Marcus' adaptor is the original and was copied.

'Nuff said ...

CGN frequent flyer BadLieutenant's Avatar
    email sent

Yes indeed. I think the magazines had to be modified on Marcus's for the bolt hold to work? Not sure, but this is something we obviously can't do.
    This makes me chuckle a bit ... Marcus' adaptor is the original and was copied.

'Nuff said ...
    Travis Kay
    Proverbs 4:27
    http://www.traviskay.ca [laughably dated]
    http://linkedin.com/in/kaytravis

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xdmer View Post
    Yes indeed. I think the magazines had to be modified on Marcus's for the bolt hold to work? Not sure, but this is something we obviously can't do.
    No. We just installed a mag adaptor this week and the bolt hold open appears to work just fine.

The mag modification is far easier to do than all the rifle mods so enjoys some popularity in the USA, that is all ... we must mod the rifle because of our mag capacity laws.

The other reason that the mag mod is popular is that you CAN return the rifle to its original state .... this is no longer the case once the receiver is modified.
    Last edited by MagWedge Industries; 06-17-2015 at 11:57 PM.

No. We just installed a mag adaptor this week and the bolt hold open appears to work just fine.

The mag modification is far easier to do than all the rifle mods so enjoys some popularity in the USA, that is all ... we must mod the rifle because of our mag capacity laws.

The other reason that the mag mod is popular is that you CAN return the rifle to its original state .... this is no longer the case once the receiver is modified.
    I will buy this because it's the right thing to do

CGN Ultra frequent flyer VanIsleCam's Avatar
    Principled approach tstormt
    Last edited by MagWedge Industries; 06-18-2015 at 12:40 AM.