Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141517 ... LastLast

Thread: SKS Mag Adaptors ... Authorized version $139.95!!

This is more in line with the pricing I would expect for a magwell adapter. I was having a hard time justifying buying the adapter for more than the SKS. It doesn't matter what's right or wrong as long as the price is good. IMO
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Loose-Cannon View Post
    What I find annoying/disturbing is that several people obviously condone bad business practices and wish Marcus had said nothing so that the shady activities can comence forth unimpeded.

Its this type of mentality that created the issue to begin with.
    I totally agree and the fact that the "legitimate" adaptor is almost 1/2 the price of the pirate version speaks volumes about those businesses trying to charge the "it takes 10 round pistol mag tax".
    making the product under license from the owner of the design is a smart and a stand up move on Magwedge's part

CGN Regular
    for the G9/A will XCR 7.62x39 10 round pistol mags work?

Business Member MagWedge Industries's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by keitha View Post
    for the G9/A will XCR 7.62x39 10 round pistol mags work?
    Yes.

Delete
    Last edited by Green Skull; 06-18-2015 at 11:10 PM.
    "There's a lot of things blamed on me that never happened. But then, there's a lot of things that I did that I never got caught at."

Quote Originally Posted by edojan View Post
    Marcus and Magwedge;
    Your proposed price sounds really appealing if we are comparing apples to apples - that is yours and hical's adapter being one and same. At least substantially the same as far as the most important features are concerned.

Specifically please confirm that your adapter:
    1. Will work with unmodified mags as if would be illegal in Canada to modify them in any way.
    2. Your adapter keeps the bolt open upon firing the last round
    3. Your adapter can be used with clips
    4. Comment on hical's statement (true / false / fixed) re: your adapter has an issue with mag catch binding which hical addressed by designing catch arm with a "different geometryso it can't bind"
    5. Mag release button can be pushed too far "
    allowing the mag catch to fall out of position, this is a problem with the USA design" - again, true / false / fixed?
    6. Installation prices / guides?

Hical's list contains other differences that I don't think are very important, but I would appreciate if you could shed some light on the above.
    Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post
    This makes me chuckle a bit ... Marcus' adaptor is the original and was copied.

'Nuff said ...
    I am glad this makes you chuckle, but it would be so much better if you could actually answer the questions. The "original" here means Marcus's product which he developed for the US market and which required magazine modification. It doesn't mean, for example that the product your are planning to sell (let's call it the Canadian version) can be used with clips because his "original" version did not work with clips.
    From your other post I gather that you have tested the bolt open function. So this one is answered. I also understand that this will require receiver alteration to avoid modifying the magazine. So this one is also clear. Now please consider answering the rest of the questions:

4. Comment on hical's statement (true / false / fixed) re: your adapter has an issue with mag catch binding which hical addressed by designing catch arm with a "different geometryso it can't bind"
    allowing the mag catch to fall out of position, this is a problem with the USA design" - again, true / false / fixed?

PS. I am not affiliated with any party interested in profiting from selling / copying etc. of this adapter. I am planning to buy this adapter and possibly more than one. so am just doing my home work and trying to understand the value of your offering. If you are not sure about the answers maybe you should simply say so?
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by edojan View Post
    I am glad this makes you chuckle, but it would be so much better if you could actually answer the questions. The "original" here means Marcus's product which he developed for the US market and which required magazine modification. It doesn't mean, for example that the product your are planning to sell (let's call it the Canadian version) can be used with clips because his "original" version did not work with clips.
    From your other post I gather that you have tested the bolt open function. So this one is answered. I also understand that this will require receiver alteration to avoid modifying the magazine. So this one is also clear. Now please consider answering the rest of the questions:

PS. I am not affiliated with any party interested in profiting from selling / copying etc. of this adapter. I am planning to buy this adapter and possibly more than one. so am just doing my home work and trying to understand the value of your offering. If you are not sure about the answers maybe you should simply say so?
    It makes me chuckle because the designs are essentially the same, so there is no difference in function.

A fair minded man might suspect that these claims are likely attributable to 'creative marketing' and a desire to somehow justify not getting permission to produce an existing design in process of patent.

For example, the mag release button issue mentioned above is likely caused by a poor inletting job which allows the catch to over travel.

Marcus did go through all of your points one by one last night but our CGN overlords saw fit to nuke all of his posts here without notice.

That being said, let us consider that Marcus spent 3.5 years developing this system, and his customers are enthusiastic about the product. I find it doubtful that it has any major flaws worthy of more than $100 in price difference. And by the way Marcus did develop the rifle mods in addition to the mag mods for this system. If you check earlier in this thread I covered that ... its not a creation of the non authorized maker.

Nevertheless, we are in the process of learning the mag adaptor system and we will make any needed small improvements before final production. I do not intend to allow a poorly functioning system to be shipped to customers. That is why we are not rushing to pop this system through our machine shop in 2 weeks and hope for some quick money.

And let's call ours the "Authorized" Canadian version ...
    Last edited by MagWedge Industries; 06-18-2015 at 07:22 PM.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Dave , sorry if it's been asked and I've missed the answer , but what mags are you recommending for use with this adaptor? I'd like to stock up in advance

Marcus suggests the ASC brand 7.62x39 pistol mag but I suspect any decent quality AR15 type mag in that calibre will work ... mine say XCR pistol Mag 7.62x39

ASC is on the base plate

Quote Originally Posted by MagWedge Industries View Post

And let's call ours the "Authorized" Canadian version ...
    I like that actually... you know that King James Bible is also known as the Authorized Version? Hail King Marcus!

On a more serious note, I am glad that you are not rushing this to market and planning to take time and thoroughly test it. I'd rather wait for a few weeks and get a solid product that works. Good luck with the process and I will look forward to seeing it in stock in your online store.
    Last edited by edojan; 06-18-2015 at 07:16 PM.
    “If you don't read the newspaper, you're uninformed. If you read the newspaper, you're mis-informed.” - Mark Twain