Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: We're getting our ball-bearings together! We promise!

CGN Regular
    What is the new managers name? Is her or she actually there most of the time, compared to the old manager Frank?

You guys have a web store now????

CGN Ultra frequent flyer gwhysow's Avatar
    Hey,

Great to hear you are expanding your presence and service. I've been without a key fob since November (never received one) - any chance of having that rectified? Calls, emails, and visits have gone mostly unanswered, or with a shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Hey,

I've been without a key fob since November (never received one) - any chance of having that rectified? Calls, emails, and visits have gone mostly unanswered, or with a shrug.
    wow.
    All items shipped by canada post expedited with tracking and $100 insurance included.
    Insurance above $100 coverage is on the buyer.
    I'll need to see your PAL for firearms,ammo.

I guess the new management didn't want to answer as to if the website will be improved for mobile?
    Are you allowed to eat doughnuts private Pyle?

Guys,

these are cheap shots, and I do not agree with these methods

I don't work for target , and I do not know JR, but I can say even with New management some things don't change

Time will tell

Quote Originally Posted by oddball_ted View Post
    You're confusing this place with JR from the shooting edge in Calgary.

And yes yes a ####ing backstabber... scumbag
    FREEDOM IS EVERYTHINK

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gwhysow View Post
    Hey,

Great to hear you are expanding your presence and service. I've been without a key fob since November (never received one) - any chance of having that rectified? Calls, emails, and visits have gone mostly unanswered, or with a shrug.
    Grange is not managed or run by the staff at Target Sports Canada. You will need to contact BJ via email to get the fob access sorted out.

- Shervin

Contributing Business Member Target Sports Canada's Avatar
    I guess the new management didn't want to answer as to if the website will be improved for mobile?
    I visit the website on my Android via Chrome and it works just fine. What browser/platform are you using?

- Shervin

The website works fine on my phone as it should with any modern smartphone. It's a responsive website meaning it checks to see what your screens resolution is and then rescales everything appropriately. I just tested it out on my phone, tablet, and PC and it worked fine. The only thing I noticed is when viewing the shop section, some of the item pictures are cut off a fraction if you are using your phone with one hand. Once you switch to two hands, it is fine. The only other thing which is a minor annoyance is the "back to top" bar that takes up some space at the bottom. I don't see how either of those things equate to a "brutal" web experience especially when compared to some of the absolute garbage web design/function I have seen on about 50% of the CGN sponsors pages, let alone most of the other range websites in Ontario. I'm guessing you have either an axe to grind with TSC, or you don't know how to use your smartphone.

I don't work for TSC, or even have a vested interest there other then being a member. however you just seem to be talking out of your arse while ignoring how TSC appears to be trying to fix their online and CGN presence. I'm all for people raising concerns or complaints, but your post was particularly annoying mainly because you're just trying to stir the pot about something that isn't broken.

The Shooting Edge - CGN Sponsor TSE JR's Avatar
    OTo all,

I am very happy with the current team at Target and their collective desire to improve.

Yes, I know fully that we are not the only gun store around and that is why so many changes were made in recent months. The newly promoted GM puts more hours in the place in a week than the last guy did in a month. Unfortunately, out of loyalty to the guy, nobody told me.

Also, Julie, the GM has a very strong retail background and understands business. If you have not been there in awhile, pop by.

Pricing was also ridculous. Some items that we bought together could be found 10-20% higher in Gormley than Calgary. The team is working through the entire store to get things repriced where appropriate. If you notice a big discrepancy, let Liam the retail manager have a look.

The new website is up and it is a giant leap forward. However the webstore database is messed up significantly and we have Colin in Calgary amd Morgan in Gormley working on the issues full time.

The bays are getting a complete make over, not just lipstick on a pig. The backstops are in both bays and have just passed CFO inspection. The HVAC gets installed in 2-3 weeks. Electrical is ongoing with lighting being addressed. It is terrible in range A.

With that being said; far more calibres and firearms will soon be allowed to be used in the facility.

Issues with the interaction between the members and the facility is also being looked at seriously amd some major changes are coming into effect very soon. As I am not part of the Grange club, I cannot speak publicly yet. Joining procedures need to be fast and efficient. Much more to follow on this.

Haters I know are going to hate. Thats fine. However, no one gets into the range operations business to get rich. We love the sport and the community. It is also easy to cast stones from the sidelines. My team works really hard. All constructive critcisms will be seriously considered and acted upon.

Warm Regards,

JR
    Last edited by TSE JR; 06-25-2015 at 06:57 AM. Reason: Spelling
    \"J.R."\
    CEO

The Shooting Edge, Target Sports Canada, William Evans

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast