Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Desert Tech Coming to Canada!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Edie View Post
    MDR for sure, will likely replace my RFB (sorry KT, love ya but it's just not a refined weapon system) RFBs were going for a bit more when they were first released. If the MDRs perform as well as i hope they do, it'll be a winner for sure.

SRS...eventually.

I don't play the lottery so i'll have to save my pennies...oh crap those don't exist anymore.
    Well I fear that the mdr is not going to be much more accurate then the RFB's 1.5-2.5 moa. Even Desert tech themselves were starting to lower accuracy expectation. Its the nature of the beast, it is easy to produce a precise bolt action rifle compare to a semi auto. Add to that a piston driven semi auto, bullpup, a rifle NOT designe to be a sniper rifle but more of an infantry rifle, company's first semi-auto, a delayed release with investors and share holders clamoring for product release and I doubt that you will see a sub moa gun, let alone a moa gun!

IWI does not suck at building weapons by all accounts and also produce a sniper rifle use by the IDF and SAS. But there latest offering , the X95, had many people let down by its accuracy, or lack thereof (3-5 moa). But like the MDR the X95 was not meant as a sniper rifle.

Guy's I am not meaning to bust any bubble but I just think some expectations should be manage or alot of people are going to be let down.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer rally guy's Avatar
    I was reading up, it does have a bit better accuracy potential then most bullpups due to its free floating barrel, but still I wouldn't expect sub moa.

Ask the guy's that bought the Lothar Walther barrel apc556 expecting sub moa.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678