Thread: Trigger Tech trigger!!!

Trigger Tech trigger!!!

Just got my spanking new Trigger Tech Trigger with safety. Install was a breeze, trigger feels amazing!!
    My comparison is to the Timmney (512? Just correct me if I'm wrong).
    Fair size difference between the two with the TT (Trigger Tech) being a bit slimmer. Weight, TT was a little lighter then the Timmney.

Safties are different. TT really only put metal where it was needed.

With the adjuster screw located on the bottom near the bolt release the TT won't pose inletting problems like a Timmney will. Plus being on bottom its easier to adjust. While this makes it easier for adjusting on the range and getting instant resultz of the adjustments. I don't really see this as a huge selling item as once when your trigger is set, its usually where you just leave it, same as a zero stop. However it is a nice conveniecne if you use your rifle for both target and hunting where you want the heavier pull for safety.

A top view aide by side.

Now one beautiful part of the TT's design that reigns supreme over other triggers is the self contained construction. You'll notice that the sear on the Timmney is being pushed out from its spring blocking the path for the pin to travel through. Now Timmney does package the trigger with a installed pin so you don't have parts flying through your windows. the TT is self contained. There is no worry about the sear getting in the way of the take down pin and it made install a breeze. Like KevinM said in GP's thread, this trigger installs easily.

One thing I found when installing was the safety seemed to be rubbing up against the action, however this didn't prove to of any issue for function.

The other issue (not really mine but may for some of you) was in my AI 1.5 the skins are molded to expose just the bolt release. You could drill this out and the supplied Allen key would just make it through.

Overall a very nice trigger. Adjustments to pull weight were very audiable and tactile. Like anyone who's tried one said they are just beautiful. I set mine around 2lbs and what a beautiful 2 lbs. There is no overtravel. The trigger goes click and then stops dead.
    I'm really excited for a range day tomorrow and I'll report back on how shes does!
    Safety mantra- Red is dead, black no flak

My wife when I'm looking at a really expensive rifle I want:
    "I don't care if it shoots pixie dust and kills Jesus you're not buying it!"

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dumptruck's Avatar
    Well shyte, now I really can't wait for it to get here!
    No matter how responsible he seems,
    never give your gun to a monkey.

Thanks for the pictures andwrite up. All these glowing comments have inspired me to order one. If I didn't pre order am I SOL for a while?

You'll probably be able to get one, just might have to wait a little longer than you want. Give GP Tactical a shout, they can give you an idea of timings.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Dumptruck's Avatar
    Directly from Triggertech the 700 triggers with safety should be shipping in early July.

In September they will have AR triggers shipping.

Quote Originally Posted by laker415 View Post
    Thanks for the pictures andwrite up. All these glowing comments have inspired me to order one. If I didn't pre order am I SOL for a while?
    No matter how responsible he seems,
    never give your gun to a monkey.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Trinimon's Avatar
    Definitely looking forward to picking up an AR trigger and the next version of the 700 trigger.
    CSSA Member

So got the gun out today and my god is this trigger wicked. Making 650 yard shots were so easy. Load the trigger and bang! The target below was to make sure my 100yd zero wasnt affected by taking the gun apart for install. Hard to beat, plus picking off tacks were made a lot easier lol.

Fantastic trigger. Buy one!

CGN frequent flyer DG Photography's Avatar
    Waiting for mine very excited! I was hooked after the first few dry fires lol.
    EESA Member

Looks good, thanks for the info, I'm going to try one.