Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    I agree 100% but just a heads up most of the "SPF" that you see the funds have been traded and the seller has shipped the item and is just waiting for the buyer to receive it before taking the ad down.
    Quote Originally Posted by Schecter 81 View Post
    Agreed. I always leave mine up until the item is recieved and I get positive feedback. That way if there is a dispute or an issue, the add is still there for the mods to see that the item was as described and there were quality pics of the condition it was in. Never had an issue and hope never to have one, but for the time it takes, I feel it is worth it.

On a side note, I see both Jay and Stormchaser in here an niether of of you have your mod title anymore. Whats up with that?? Stirring up to much NFA sh*t?
    Usually take down my ads after I receive funds. I do take pdfs of the ad in case of any dispute.
    No point in cluttering the WTS area with useless ads.
    CSSA/CCFR MemberAn unjust law, is no law at all.Martin Luther (1483-1546)
    There may be times when we are powerless to prevent injustice, but there must never be a time when we fail to protest. Elie Wiesel

CGN Ultra frequent flyer FLHTCUI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ventghal View Post
    Thread is old, but it's kind of what I was looking for.
    Etiquette question:
    Decide to decline, pursue other options.

Seller messages back accepting original offer.

Declined again, saying I was no longer interested.

Seller is not happy

Once a counter is rejected, are you still beholden to the original offer?

Or once the offer has been rejected, are you free to look elsewhere?

No promises made, no timelines given, just the original offer, a counter and a rejection.
    One does not need a Philadelphia Lawyer to conduct a Gentleman's Agreement here on CGN.

The offer was rejected and there are no do overs.

Tight Groups,
    Rob
    Infantryman Terry J Street,2nd Battalion, PPCLI, Shilo, Man. EOT, April 4 2008 Panjwayi District Afghanistan,Constable Jimmy Ng,RCMP EOW,Sunday, September 15, 2002

Haha, thanks!
    I thought so also, but I thought maybe I was violating some rule I wasn aware of. Dude was pretty mad.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellann View Post
    I replied a couple weeks ago with an I'll take it, within about 6 minutes of him posting it, and never heard word from the seller.
    I find it pretty rude when you can't reply on something your trying to sell.
    This happened to me. No reply, then saw he had posted another thread buying more pieces for the item rather than selling it.
    Semper Fi

a few members don't abide by this rule, I was the first person to buy a item awhile back said ill take no question ask, buddy answer back its yours, them turns around and sell to his neighbour nice ah.

If you say I'll take it, there's no reason not to follow up with payment arrangements immediately unless arrangements are made at the time of the commitment to purchase. This is 2019, everything can be done in minutes, not 24 hours. Earlier on someone posted the comment "money talks", yes, it does.

Sellers definitely suck sometimes, came to an agreement on a type 97 last week. Was fine with the asking price, tried to be as respectful and work to make the transaction as easy as possible. Day of pickup comes and a get ghosted. Rifle pops up as sold later that day. Very frustrating!

Uber Super GunNutz
    I have bought and sold a few times on this site. So I have been on both sides. When I say "I will take it", I always ask for an email address to send the EMT. If no reply to that, so far as I am concerned, the seller is saying "no deal anymore". There is not much here that I "need" to buy - so I can pass on to something else pretty painlessly. I am not going to be waiting days for that reply. Same with payment when I am selling - if the buyer can't get an EMT on the way and password passed on to me in a few hours, something is wonky, and I don't have enough years left to drag that out very long. I rely on common old-school courtesy for the other person in the transaction. I have agreed to hold an item until next week's pay day - then heard nothing from the potential buyer - finally in reply to my query several days after "pay day", I get told " I have no money for that stuff". Okay, I have been there. But not after saying "I will take it". So as many have previously stated in other ways - prompt payment talks, and I might add, it talks loudest...

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910