Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Schecter 81 View Post
    Agreed. I always leave mine up until the item is recieved and I get positive feedback. That way if there is a dispute or an issue, the add is still there for the mods to see that the item was as described and there were quality pics of the condition it was in. Never had an issue and hope never to have one, but for the time it takes, I feel it is worth it.

On a side note, I see both Jay and Stormchaser in here an niether of of you have your mod title anymore. Whats up with that?? Stirring up to much NFA sh*t?
    I never was a mod... I'm just noisey

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Schecter 81 View Post
    On a side note, I see both Jay and Stormchaser in here an niether of of you have your mod title anymore. Whats up with that?? Stirring up to much NFA sh*t?
    Never been a mod either. I've stayed away from the NFA threads.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer saskgunowner101's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Basically it just means that some people will tire kick asking how many rounds, or does it come with x amount of mags etc. Etc. That's all fine but the person who says, "I'll take it" is the person it is sold to even if the tire kicker was asking questions first.

The assumption of course is that the, "I'll take it" person follows up by providing the funds quickly.

Hope this helps.
    And I might add, that once you (the OP, not stormchaser) decide to" I'll take it " an ad, there is no room IMHO for price negotiations. If my ad is $500 + shipping, this is not the time to ask for wiggle room, that time is past.
    Needing Husqvarna 77 chainsaw parts to bring a beast back from the dead...

CGN Ultra frequent flyer EL34/6L6's Avatar
    Last guy I comm'd with didn't state a payment method. I asked if he took EMT because I was legitimately interested in the rifle so was looking into my options. No desicion made yet though on my end.

He messaged back saying "Send payment to this email and message me the password. "
    I was like whoa... slow down. Lol!
    . . . . . . . . . . . <*(((>>+. . . . . .{• )))))></. . . . . .>°)))÷÷<€ . . . . . . . . . . .

Thanks everyone.

Is it worth seeing if there is a"Note" than can be added to hold the post and let everyone know it is until the deal is fully transacted with receipt and buyer/seller satisfaction?

Sold Pending Completion? SPC?

Anyhow all make sense now thanks.
    Shoot straight and shoot safe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormchaser View Post
    Basically it just means that some people will tire kick asking how many rounds, or does it come with x amount of mags etc. Etc. That's all fine but the person who says, "I'll take it" is the person it is sold to even if the tire kicker was asking questions first.

The assumption of course is that the, "I'll take it" person follows up by providing the funds quickly.

Hope this helps.

Why would you say that??!! Asking questions is not tire kicking, its called being cautious and smart. Asking questions allows one to fully understand what they are considering buying and makes the deal usually go smoothly. Quite frankly, I think a lot of buyers get into a lot of trouble for just stating that they will take it without doing their homework, and then come on this board whining and bitching how they got screwed over. I always make sure I ask questions and to full understand, what is being sold, condition, accessories provided etc. Never been burned yet. Have lost a few deals to the ones who cant throw their money away fast enough, but I am ok with that.
    I dislike having a battle of wits when my opponent comes unarmed....it just seems so unsportsmanlike!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Why would I say people "tire kick"? Because people "tire kick" and then never make a decision. I even said "that's all fine". Sometimes someone who tire kicks will get back to you the next day and say "ok I'll take it" but by then it's long gone and they are disappointed because they "contacted" you first.

If an ad is well written it should answer the buyers questions before they are asked and have multiple detailed pictures. That plus a strong trader rating, such as the one you have, would make me buy it fast and EMT you in 30 minutes.

There are awesome deals on here all the time and items are sold and paid for in 30 minutes. It's a fantastic site!

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMcC View Post
    Basically people will say they will take/purchase said item, but will waste the seller time, and not purchase said item..."I'll take it rule" Means the seller WILL hold you to purchasing the item if you say I'll take it.

It be like saying to someone, I'll buy your car next week when I get paid, so mark it sold, and then not show up.
    I have had this happen many times! very frustrating

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    Never been a mod either. I've stayed away from the NFA threads.
    Sorry JayCarver, I was thinking of the other Jay.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Big fan of I'll take it. I don't mind people asking questions (in fact I prefer it) and I am willing to go out of my way to try to provide the information they want, but once you say you will buy it, stop wasting my time going on about different pictures or round counts etc.

This last bit is only because I had a bad experience recently where the buyer said I'll take it then started asking questions. After a while of asking questions, and photos (all of which I dealt with promptly) they just never got back to me, and I had to bug them to have them say they didn't want to buy it anymore. Overall that was a waste of time for me, and since I thought it was sold, I had already bought what I was planning to move the money into (that last bit was my fault, don't spend the money before you have it).