Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: "I'll Take It" rule details?

"I'll Take It" rule details?

I have seen a few EE posts were the OP mentions the 'I'll Take It" rules are in effect etc.. However, I cant find any specific reference to this rule/practice formal or otherwise... and I have searched.

Can someone please expand on this type of comment in a WTS posting?

Thanks in advance... and if it is obvious somewhere... oops in advance.
    Shoot straight and shoot safe

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Stormchaser's Avatar
    Basically it just means that some people will tire kick asking how many rounds, or does it come with x amount of mags etc. Etc. That's all fine but the person who says, "I'll take it" is the person it is sold to even if the tire kicker was asking questions first.

The assumption of course is that the, "I'll take it" person follows up by providing the funds quickly.

Hope this helps.

Just means first person to say "I'll take it" gets the item/purchase and it stands as a commitment from the buyer to complete the purchase.
    I don't know that there is any particular CGN "Rule" that covers this but it is common etiquette on the EE.

As a seller it is your choice who you sell to. Some people like the first "I will take it rule" some people chose who to deal with.
    The .22 is a gateway gun.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer RobertMcC's Avatar
    Basically people will say they will take/purchase said item, but will waste the seller time, and not purchase said item..."I'll take it rule" Means the seller WILL hold you to purchasing the item if you say I'll take it.

It be like saying to someone, I'll buy your car next week when I get paid, so mark it sold, and then not show up.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer caramel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by willisjake View Post
    As a seller it is your choice who you sell to. Some people like the first "I will take it rule" some people chose who to deal with.
    This... JP.

CGN frequent flyer
    Money talks & Bull$It walks!
    Some folks mean it,....some don't! My experience anyway!
    "A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money."
    NDP, they just second the motion!

Gotta side with the all take it even if it's a minute before the next guy. Snooze you loose just like every good deal on here you have minutes maybe an hour. Spf is the worst ! Lol

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Quote Originally Posted by nick237 View Post
    Gotta side with the all take it even if it's a minute before the next guy. Snooze you loose just like every good deal on here you have minutes maybe an hour. Spf is the worst ! Lol
    I agree 100% but just a heads up most of the "SPF" that you see the funds have been traded and the seller has shipped the item and is just waiting for the buyer to receive it before taking the ad down.

CGN Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by JayCarver View Post
    I agree 100% but just a heads up most of the "SPF" that you see the funds have been traded and the seller has shipped the item and is just waiting for the buyer to receive it before taking the ad down.
    Agreed. I always leave mine up until the item is recieved and I get positive feedback. That way if there is a dispute or an issue, the add is still there for the mods to see that the item was as described and there were quality pics of the condition it was in. Never had an issue and hope never to have one, but for the time it takes, I feel it is worth it.

On a side note, I see both Jay and Stormchaser in here an niether of of you have your mod title anymore. Whats up with that?? Stirring up to much NFA sh*t?

Page 1 of 10 123456789 ... LastLast