Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314

Thread: Issue with Target Sports Canada - satisfactorily resolved on page 5

Quote Originally Posted by Edzzed View Post
    For me, I would say to Target Sports Canada that we sell puppies. When someone buys a puppy we take a non refundable deposit unless said puppy is ready to leave (10 weeks old) they take the pup and go. Anyhow, If we take a deposit on a puppy that is say 3 weeks of age and a day later for unknown reasons the puppy passes away do you think we would hold a non refundable deposit. NO, We give people the option to choose another puppy or we give them the money back as we have reneged on our part of the contract to hand them a happy, healthy puppy that they have taken the time to choose. When someone signs up for a course they may do so as they have TIME CONSTRAINTS governing when they are available. In my opinion you reneged on your part of the contract and even being non refundable, I think you'd lose in small claims court unless you can demonstrate otherwise by posting legal documents. redacted would be fine. Just sayin.
    Yeah, because that's great comparison to what happened here.

CGN Ultra frequent flyer Woodbeef's Avatar
    Dang JR, I wish I could get in on the band wagon for good or bad. But I never visited your place when I lived in Eastern Ontario, so I have no dog in this fight. But from your replies here I might just have to check out your place here in the west sometime.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonGreen View Post
    I think the biggest issue with the staff at target sports is they are all young and dont have the experience YET. Most times i go in there they are huddled around the computer looking up videos and pictures of cool gun related stuff online. often it takes 10 minutes of them standing there not doing anything before you can get some service. Often they arent too knowlegeable about what is in stock and are more concerned with what will "look cool". I can go in two different times and get two different opinions on the same product from the same guy, ex "_______ brand is the best" then "______thats junk buy ________ instead".

I know working in a gun shop is probably a dream job but it is just that, a job, work, not a social gathering. Put the customer first and socialize when things are slow. If upper managment came down for a week and showed them a few things im sure target would change. It is a great store, great selection, its rare i walk in and dont walk out with something new, and it seems the store gets a little nicer every time im in there

The staff just needs a little polishing
    +1. That's how I felt as I've been there 3-4 times already. I went to FOC today at Ajax, man, they are amazing. Wish TSC was in the same boat.

CGN frequent flyer
    I think Target sports has let customer service slip, and allowed a sense of arrogance to creap in. This is what happens in an environment of little direct competition in the immidiate GTA. Pull that stuff in a place like Detroit Metro where there are numerous ranges and stores. In the GTA buyers simply can't vote with their wallet.

CGN Regular
    Ive dealt with this company 2 times when visiting Calgary. One for a course and product and one for product. Both times they went out of their way to help me.

No store is perfect, but I will definitely deal with them next time I'm in Calgary!

CGN frequent flyer Bad Lieutenant's Avatar
    I've been to Target numerous times, and a with few minor exceptions, never had a serious problem. Once I had an issue them advertising items they didn't have another time I was there, one of the staff had a bit of an attitude, was acting like a goof and was more interested in flirting with some young girls then range safety. No store is perfect all the time, staff will screw up and make mistakes, people will have good days and bad and staff change meaning new people with learning curves. The important thing though, the one constant, is leadership, in the case the manager or owner. I have communicated with JR several times, and always to my satisfaction. This guy knows what is important and will always try to make the customer happy. Even on this very thread, he immediately over-ruled his own staff and gave the full refund that OP/customer was seeking. I have confidence dealing with Target and TSC because even if something goes wrong, I'm quite certain JR will make it right.

I one question for anyone here posting complaints about either of these stores; (or any store), have you communicated your concerns to mgmt or ownership?
    "The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis." - Dante Alighieri
    "This whole war could have been avoided. Cunnilingus and psychiatry brought us to this." - Tony Soprano

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 467891011121314