Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: How big a store is Wolverine and how many guns a day do they sell

I'be made a few purchases from them and have always had top-notch service!! They are my first go-to shop!

CGN Ultra frequent flyer
    Their store is big enough, lots of firearms to look at, even many interesting historical pieces on display but not for sale. Wolverine service is outstanding in my experience. In fact I can't go there in person anymore because the temptation to spend big $$ became too much when the staff show the latest and greatest in-stock inventory. I just had to go cold turkey so I did not end up broke.

Uber Super GunNutz YouAreInOilCountry's Avatar
    Many customers might not be aware that Wolverine is one of the few gun importers in Canada. Wolverine stocks a significant number of gun stores in Canada. The fact is not hidden, its on their web site front page http://wolverinesupplies.com/stocking-dealers

Wolverine testimonial? I had, what was for me, a pricey special order item I had put down about at 25% deposit. Wolverine found out the gun manufacturer had six back orders in front of me for their rare gun model, & would take about a year to arrive in America, then make its way north to Canada (minimum). When the gun finally arrived at Wolverine, I had to delay final payment.... for several weeks. The salesman was 100% professional throughout the delay. I have made orders before that purchase, and since.... with customer service as good as Wolverine's, I come back with my business out of what can almost be described as an obligation. You might not have a question for your order, but rest assured the time would be taken for you, if you did.

Guns are a unique business in Canada. With barriers to new entrants such as importing gun laws, and volumes needed to get decent pricing from, typically, America, I'd suggest Wolverine is well positioned for both retail & wholesale.... they don't undercut the dealers they supply. It really is not easy to replicate the customer service specialty retailers like Wolverine have to have, to survive. When I make one of my infrequent trips to Edmonton, there is a gun dealer there, part of the Wolverine Dealer Network, that always has what I need: consumables mostly, such as ammo & cleaning stuff, although they have taken my phone orders for guns they have in stock that Wolverine doesn't carry as part of their online retail business.
    "It's like, at the end there is this surprise quiz. Am I proud of me? I gave my life to become this person I am right now. Was it worth what I paid?" - Richard Bach

Reality doesn’t care what is on social media.

As I recall, twenty years ago Wolverine was just an office area at the side of his house. It had a desk and a table, and merchandise stored around the room. Sales back then were through ads in papers like the gunrunner or access to firearms, and at gun shows. As this interweb thing started to take hold, the business adapted. John opened a smallish retail store on the property, and you saw less and less of him at the gunshows. The smallish store was too small from day one, and there have been a couple expansions since. Now, as could be expected, there is more space devoted to shipping and receiving, gunsmithing, and storage than for the retail portion. About the only gunshows I see Wolverine at now-a-days is the Brandon show and the Calgary show.

The two strongest points that make Wolverine great are his business ethic and his customer service. John is smart enough to know that anything that is good for the general hobby/sport/business is in the long run good for him. That includes helping other businesses in the trade be successful. Some others in the business have never learned that.

The other thing that has helped them is the ability to adapt to the changing rules and regs. After his initial build of the store, and the black cloud of C67 really started to set in, John mentioned that if he had known how encompassing it would be, he may have re-thought building the initial store. Around that time it seemed like a lot of gunstores were dropping like flies. Now, some 13 years later, they have had multiple expansions, and are truly regarded as one of the top firearms dealers in the country.

The store has something for anybody in the gun game. From milsurps to handguns, from hunting goods to black rifle. It is very few times I have gone there and left empty handed.

They are distributor for a lot of brands and can custom order many things.

I remember about 7 years ago I ordered a custom SIG from their german mastershop through Wolverine. After waiting like 8 month the pistol finally arrived but it wasn't up to spec. John himself told me in his best "french" that "the sight installation looked like sh*t". They offered me to keep it at a discounted price or they would reorder what I wanted (No pressure from them). A pistol was re-ordered and it came with the perfect specs within 4-5 months if I remember correctly.

Very professionnal and knowledgeable team, they will take time to answer all your questions or, if it ever happens, to get the answers you seek.

Cheers to John and his team!
    SIGs and GLOCKs, yes please!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456