KABOOM. The exclusive Binary Rifle Target produced by Canadaammo.com $7.99/lb

Specifically banned on BC crown lands right now, actually. :)

Just to confirm, "reactive targets" are included in the current fire ban that is in effect in BC...

As far as I'm aware, there are no other prohibitions of reactive targets on crown land.

PS: love the name. Kaboom. Makes me think of this guy:

Crazy_Harry.JPG

Gatehouse you scared me for a minute there! I was thinking there was a general ban on them or something at first...

Looks like fun stuff and a great price, I just hope I never turn on the news and see this as causing a forest fire. That would be very bad for everyone. Hopefully we'll get more rain in western Canada and hopefully people have common sense. :)

Boom. Game changer.

I had a post a while ago on another thread where I summed the cost of a ton of ammonium nitrate at about 800 bucks on the expensive end, and normally about 200 to 300 a ton, then wondered why we were paying so much for a pound. I understand that the aluminium and packaging add costs, but at 2000 pads per ton, at 10 bucks a pop, is 20,000 minus cost of 800 is 19,200.

Yes I know there is shipping. Yes there's licences. But someone is making wicked profit at the average 10 bucks a pound. This is starting to get to a proper price point, and KUDOS to CanadaAmmo for dropping that to about 6.60 if you buy 200 bucks worth. I think you will have a LOT of new customers.

Surprisingly, I've found 2 other online retailers that have dropped prices already....

Man! Why is it everytime I buy something from canadaammo they always deliver then one up themselves a week later. I bought a case of 7.62X54r then they dropped the price $50 a week after I got mine. I had to buy another case just because of the sale. Then I bought a Zastava M85 with a free magwedge scope mount only to notice a week later they offered it with a case of non corrosive 7.62X39 for $200 more! Missed that one. I just had two cases, thats 24 lbs of Gryphon Thundershot delivered a week ago. Now this!!!! I can't win!

CanadaAmmo got me again!

Really though, it's a great company thats always bringing us the best prices. I can't complain. It's just so hard on my wallet. :)

Gatehouse you scared me for a minute there! I was thinking there was a general ban on them or something at first...

Just during the existing fire ban. Actually it applies to private land too, now that I think about it. No binary in BC until further notice.

https://news.gov.bc.ca/stories/campfires-open-fires-and-fireworks-banned-throughout-bc

ban applies to:

open fires of any size, including campfires
the use of fireworks, sky lanterns and tiki torches
burning barrels or burning cages of any size or description
the use of binary exploding targets (e.g., for rifle target practice)
the use of air curtain burners (forced-air burning systems)

It does not apply to cooking stoves that use gas, propane or briquet

Boom. Game changer.

I had a post a while ago on another thread where I summed the cost of a ton of ammonium nitrate at about 800 bucks on the expensive end, and normally about 200 to 300 a ton, then wondered why we were paying so much for a pound. I understand that the aluminium and packaging add costs, but at 2000 pads per ton, at 10 bucks a pop, is 20,000 minus cost of 800 is 19,200.

Yes I know there is shipping. Yes there's licences. But someone is making wicked profit at the average 10 bucks a pound. This is starting to get to a proper price point, and KUDOS to CanadaAmmo for dropping that to about 6.60 if you buy 200 bucks worth. I think you will have a LOT of new customers.

Surprisingly, I've found 2 other online retailers that have dropped prices already....

Your math is messed up!! If you don't know what you are talking about best to say nothing!

Your math is messed up!! If you don't know what you are talking about best to say nothing!

2000pds at the average 10 bucks a pound, is 20,000. So at the high end per ton (2000pds) is 800 bucks. 20,000 - 800 = 19,200. Can you explain the messed up math? If I am missing something point it out. I'd like to know. But I checked it on a calculator and the answer came up the same each time... You being super helpful.

2000pds at the average 10 bucks a pound, is 20,000. So at the high end per ton (2000pds) is 800 bucks. 20,000 - 800 = 19,200. Can you explain the messed up math? If I am missing something point it out. I'd like to know. But I checked it on a calculator and the answer came up the same each time... You being super helpful.

Your math is correct but you forgot to add the jars/bags, two ziploc bags per target for aluminium, the box the targets come in, cost of labour to package the targets, labels, licensing to manufacture, licensing to store, magazine, warehouse rental costs, cost of getting approval from NRCan, business license, advertising, import charges for US-manufactured products including shipping... I'm sure some business owners here can add to the list. Plus the company owners have to make a living out of this.

Both are right. At $12 a pound others are probably making a good margin. This price it's probably a lower margin but still profit due to high volume of sales.

Your math is correct but you forgot to add the jars/bags, two ziploc bags per target for aluminium, the box the targets come in, cost of labour to package the targets, labels, licensing to manufacture, licensing to store, magazine, warehouse rental costs, cost of getting approval from NRCan, business license, advertising, import charges for US-manufactured products including shipping... I'm sure some business owners here can add to the list. Plus the company owners have to make a living out of this.

I should quit.... As Shawn is prob close to dead on. But here's why I don't think you're right.

Thats a nice list you have there, and I think I inferred I knew there were additional costs. I said a couple items I knew had to be added in. So I'm with you on that.

But here's my problem. Why does a can of soup cost 1.50. It has ALL that above plus waaaaay more. More suppliers, way more regulations, way more everything that you listed. Except for the little baggy for the aluminium. Maybe aluminium is that expensive. Who knows. But in this case, we have Canada ammo cutting costs from the average 10 to 12 bucks a pound, down to 6.60. That's not a small amount. That's a little less than half. And I love them for it. But if you think we haven't been getting right boned for this stuff you are out to lunch. Canada Ammo cut it by HALF! You can scream volume production all you want, but we are getting OPEC'ed. It's too bad I'm addicted to it.... At least the 3 cases I just ordered were WAY cheaper this time...

Kaboom on guys. And Thanks for the Love Canada Ammo.

There is no mystery here...Can Am doesn't have a retail store, which is $$$$$

They put the stuff in ziplocs which is WAY cheaper than canisters.....

So they can sell the stuff for cheaper than the rest! :)

I'm a retailer for binary targets, I have a magazine license, and I buy the canisters at wholesale prices;. My cost is about the same that Can Am is selling the ziplocs for. Can Am has a great deal.

As for buying a tone of product...I don't think it's that simple. Yes, you can get the product but there are many hoops to jump through to legally make binary targets

I've done testing for some of these products (centerfire, rimfire,. new stuff etc) and if you want a good BOOM!!! It's not as easy as just throwing stuff together.

Back
Top Bottom